PDA

View Full Version : Freeman river camping

ALBTUFF
07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
In a couple of weeks I'm going to try my luck with the grayling in freeman river. I don't care about "your fishing spots" as I find exploring a new river half the fun of the trip, which leads to finding my own honey holes.

My question for all the fine outdoorsmen and women is, How is the camping around highway #32?? I have heard that the camping spot right on the freeman on 32 is closed to over night camping but open for day use, Is this true?? Also if the campsite is closed, Where else can a guy camp?? Is there any random camping spots along the freeman?? Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

ALBTUFF

Scottie
07-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Never camped there before or tried fishing but stopped in there a couple of times last year and it was open with a few campers on site. Would like to know if it's open because I'd be interested in checking it out as well.

Rockyman
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Your best bet is probably that campsite on Hwy 32. It looks reasonable.

Thankfully there isn't much in the way of random camping along the Freeman itself. This helps to keep the river fairly quiet.

simmered
07-09-2014, 07:05 AM
You can camp at freeman lake. It's off the highway a bit but it's a nice camp ground on a lake with decent pike fishing.