PDA

View Full Version : Recreational Power Sports Edmonton Review

VanIsleGuy
07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
On Friday I went to Recreational in Edmonton for a new propellor. I bought one along with a hub kit. I installed it in a rush and went to Wab. When launching the boat, the propellor came off and hit the trim adjust on the motor. I found the propellor but it was damaged beyond repair.

I took my boat back to Rec to find out what went wrong. Andreas was able to figure out that the thrust washer was the wrong size. This was not his mistake, it was the instructions with the hub kit.

I thought I would have to spend another $250 on a propellor and hub kit but Andreas said it was his mistake and installed a brand new propellor and offered to pay for the new trim tab on the motor.

So here is a big shoutout to Andreas at Recreational Power Sports in Edmonton. I will definitely shop there in the future because I know he stands behind his business! :)

Mackinaw
07-07-2014, 07:29 PM
On Friday I went to Recreational in Edmonton for a new propellor. I bought one along with a hub kit. I installed it in a rush and went to Wab. When launching the boat, the propellor came off and hit the trim adjust on the motor. I found the propellor but it was damaged beyond repair.

I took my boat back to Rec to find out what went wrong. Andreas was able to figure out that the thrust washer was the wrong size. This was not his mistake, it was the instructions with the hub kit.

I thought I would have to spend another $250 on a propellor and hub kit but Andreas said it was his mistake and installed a brand new propellor and offered to pay for the new trim tab on the motor.
I
So here is a big shoutout to Andreas at Recreational Power Sports in Edmonton. I will definitely shop there in the future because I know he stands behind his business! :)

X2 have delt with Andreas and Steve a few times alway a good experience.
Its a stand up place with stand up guys.

Great to read posts like this thanks for posting.

Mack

Ebrand
07-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I have bad nothing but great experiences there.

Not so much at some of the other places around.

I highly reccomend them.

Eric.

big bore 09
07-07-2014, 08:14 PM
yes andreas is a good guy

Kurt505
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Awesome place, always good prices and good service.

Anvil1010
07-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I give a standing ovation to both of you. It is nice to hear the great things done and it is great to see you give him a shout out for it. :sHa_shakeshout:

NEWB
07-08-2014, 01:31 PM
I have had awesome experiences with Recreational Power Sports too.

They were able to find hard to source parts for a loner motor (1976 Evinrude 9.9) that I was rebuilding. I had the parts in a few days and they actually called to follow up that my parts were there.

These guys know their stuff. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

These guys are a class act.

fargineyesore
07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Agreed. They work on quads and sleds too. Good guys there.

curtz
07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Good to here, some of the big dealer shops probably wouldn't do that.

jungleboy
07-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Andreas is a great guy for sure . :happy0034::happy0034:

VanIsleGuy
07-09-2014, 12:24 AM
I give a standing ovation to both of you. It is nice to hear the great things done and it is great to see you give him a shout out for it. :sHa_shakeshout:

I was really happy for him to help me out, so hopefully his business gets some more customers.

From everyone else's replies, he deserves it! :sHa_shakeshout:

PS. When I go to the bigger dealerships I usually get a snoppy clerk that tries to make me look stupid. All of the guys at Recreational may have known I was stupid but did their best to find what I needed without groaning. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

338ultra
07-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Always had great service there. Top notch guys

LeonH
07-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Always had great service there. Top notch guys

x2

Great service for sure.

NEWB
08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Just another bump.

I was there a few times this week picking up some parts for my 115 hp tower of power.

Picked up 3 carb rebuild kits, the repair manual, and a rectifier.

The guys had everything I needed in stock and and were First class to deal with.