PDA

View Full Version : Riot in Toronto , Muslim Attack

Winch101
07-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Could be coming to a city near . Canadian ineffective justice system
Never more apparent .

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/07/20140708-073323.html

Interestingly not reported by any other media ....

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Anyone who believes sunnewsnetwork should try and get a bit more oxygen to their brain.

Ezra is a scum bag on his best days.

Winch101
07-08-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/07/toronto-frenzied-muslim-mob-attacks-and-beats-jewish-protesters

If you want to know what's going on in the War against terror in this country
This is the website to tune into . For your safety

That kind of rhetoric is why you are only here between time outs in
Ban camp . Terrorist " scum bag "sympathizer

thumper
07-08-2014, 10:32 AM
We need all sides of the spectrum. Ezra is one - yours is another. CBC is one, Sun News is another. Doesn't make anyone a 'scumbag'.

recce43
07-08-2014, 10:33 AM
they should have been charged. Break the law go to jail

Wiz
07-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Anyone who believes sunnewsnetwork should try and get a bit more oxygen to their brain.

x2.

Nothing but ranting garbage.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 10:36 AM
If they are acting like savages here in Canada, it's not surprising the Middle East is in the state it's in today.

You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy. Programmed to be a savage, always a savage I guess.

TomCanuck
07-08-2014, 10:38 AM

The same can be said for the CBC. All organizations are biased. Use your head and decide for yourself where the truth lies... maybe it's somewhere in the middle.

Edit: I'd add, that if you relied only on the CBC for information about the incident, you'd be completely in the dark, as they have nothing to say on the matter it seems.

huntsfurfish
07-08-2014, 10:54 AM
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/07/toronto-frenzied-muslim-mob-attacks-and-beats-jewish-protesters

If you want to know what's going on in the War against terror in this country
This is the website to tune into . For your safety

That kind of rhetoric is why you are only here between time outs in
Ban camp . Terrorist " scum bag "sympathizer

Right now it looks like you need one too(timeout).:sign0161:

6.5 shooter
07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Fact? on film and still BEEguy and Wiz deny it??

If you want to beat yourself to bits with a stick, go for it, BUT LEAVE MY FLAG out of it!

The minute my (Canadian) flag was used as a weapon, by either side that is the minute my blood boiled.

IF you guys want to live in your CBC wonder land I am sure there are plenty of groups .... over there, that would be willing to listen..... BUT when your in trouble, PLEASE don't ask for MY flag to come and save your sorry arses

Okotokian
07-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Sticking to the story at hand... Ezra, who might be a little biased ;) , portrays this as being similar to the nazis brownshirts hunting down jews in pre-war germany. But there's a problem with his story...

The fight happens at a Palestinian demonstration outside of "Palestine House". The palestinian supporters didn't go looking for jews. They didn't go demonstrate outside a synagogue. They were outside their own office. Seems much more likely to me that the jews involved purposely went there to "confront" the palestinians.

And who actually started the fight? Who knows?

TomCanuck
07-08-2014, 11:06 AM
A story in the NP says the police are blaming both sides for the incident. At least they have covered it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/07/police-blame-mississauga-violence-that-sent-a-jewish-defence-league-protester-to-hospital-both-jdl-and-palestine-house/

More than can be said for CBC.

creeky
07-08-2014, 11:36 AM
watched the video. Check. bias filter on. Check.

so why i keep asking myself are there no charges being handed out???

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Ahahahahahah ive got a bridge to sell. Any media would be all over this ... rioters police clash woohoo omg an ambulance lololol

Fredo
07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Come on, it's not a muslim attack.
Just palestinians fighting jews, what's the novelty here? Been going on for 2000 years.

I just wish they solve their problems elsewhere than in western countries.

marxman
07-08-2014, 11:49 AM

i like him he sells his news honestly and anyone can see his bias because he respects his audience thats why he tells the same info to the audience that he uses to make his conclusions. cbc you never know anything really i cant stand cbc news although i like 5th estate and other cbc programs

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Come on, it's not a muslim attack.
Just palestinians fighting jews, what's the novelty here? Been going on for 2000 years.

I just wish they solve their problems elsewhere than in western countries.

X2, this type of stuff doesn't belong on the streets of Canada. It's not the Palestines or Jews in Canada that are the problem over there, but they are making themselves a problem over here. It'd be nice to tell them to behave or ship them out to the country they want to fight for.

ali#1
07-08-2014, 12:07 PM

I honestly gave sun news a good old college try. But I can't take that garbage, to call it Fox News north is an insult to Fox News south. It's the national enquirer on tv. If Adler left it means it's too far right for him.

Matt L.
07-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Ahahahahahah ive got a bridge to sell. Any media would be all over this ... rioters police clash woohoo omg an ambulance lololol

So am I to take your engrish to mean you deny it happened too?

ctd
07-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I am deeply saddened by the savages on both sides of this video. These Savages move to Canada supposedly to get away from their conflicts and yet they bring those conflicts here to our Country.
My opinion is they can protest peacefully I have no issue with that, once they start beating each other arrest them all and put them on a plane back to the Savage land they come from. Then they can beat each other all they want.

I am getting sick of hearing all the problems spilling out in the streets of Canada. We have a solid country which many around the world envy. If we allow the senseless violence to escalate as we see in this video and hear of, with all the killings of Police Officers, kidnappings of people, stabbings in central Canada we need a serious readjustment within our society. We will degrade to the level of what we see the Savages doing. Beating each other over a few words.

We need to solve these issues now or they will haunt not only us but future generations to come.

greylynx
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Hey!!!!

This pork eating gentile crusader is one of Ezra'a friends.

There is a nice hebrew word for guys like you Beeguy. But I don't want to get kicked off the site.

TomCanuck
07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I honestly gave sun news a good old college try. But I can't take that garbage, to call it Fox News north is an insult to Fox News south. It's the national enquirer on tv. If Adler left it means it's too far right for him.

I enjoy Sun's blatant bias over the smarmy variety the CBC spews. If nothing else, at least its female presenters don't look like they're six hours late for their morning milking.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 12:26 PM

But the CBC is better.......:thinking-006:

Fredo
07-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Hey!!!!

This pork eating gentile crusader is one of Ezra'a friends.

There is a nice hebrew word for guys like you Beeguy. But I don't want to get kicked off the site.

Ahah you made me laugh and made my day Greylynx :love0025:

Sneeze
07-08-2014, 12:38 PM

What part about the story do you believe to be inaccurate?

What things have you seen portrayed as fact on Sun News can you prove to be wrong?

What evidence do you have to substantiate Ezra as being a Scum Bag?

Confront a Lefty with logic and what you get is insults. It means what Sun News is doing is working. Your peanut brains can't handle it when faced with credible arguments and the old "that's racist" argument stops working.

marxman
07-08-2014, 12:50 PM

shows how much you know . fox news is garbage sun news is news whether you like it or not. levant anyway . micheal coren and that high school smartass brian lily are pretty tiresome although they do cover stuff the other networks think they are too good for

Redfrog
07-08-2014, 01:12 PM

I agree. It's all photoshopped. It never really happened.

Ever been to Eckville?:thinking-006:

Okotokian
07-08-2014, 01:54 PM
What part about the story do you believe to be inaccurate?

What things have you seen portrayed as fact on Sun News can you prove to be wrong?

What evidence do you have to substantiate Ezra as being a Scum Bag?

Confront a Lefty with logic and what you get is insults. It means what Sun News is doing is working. Your peanut brains can't handle it when faced with credible arguments and the old "that's racist" argument stops working.

The protest and clash was actually instigated by israeli supporters. If you read Ezra's version it's as if a couple of Jews were walking down the road, accidentally ran into a terrorist protest, and were viciously attacked.

However, do two minutes of research and you will see that the Jewish Defene League has routinely held protests at Palestine House. Here's a call-out for one in 2012.
http://jdlcanada.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/jdl-protest-against-%E2%80%9Cpalestine-house%E2%80%9D-sun-feb-28-100-pm/

Here's a discription and pictures of the current protest in the Mississauga News. Hardly a muslim controlled lefty paper:
http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4614722-update-protest-near-palestine-house-turns-ugly-three-injured/
Note the Israili flags of the marchers on their way to Palestine House and get in some arab faces.

Basically this is a fight between two groups of people who both put other countries ahead of Canada. A pox on both of them.

Ezra's picked his side and truth and balance be damned. It's like writing about how some bully in a bar beat some poor innocent guy senseless, and leaving out the part where the "innocent guy" first went over and threw a beer in the bully's face. Good journalism? No, good propaganda.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 02:54 PM
The first step to a 3rd Reich-style genocide is to dehumanize an entire group. Terms such as savages are used to accomplish this.

I see that this has been embraced by a certain contingent on this forum, a contingent that is very far from representing the whole membership.

There are more muslim outdoorsmen on this forum than you would suspect, and in my experience they are good people.

Grey, if you have something to say, say it, your allusion reeks of something. :thinking-006:

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 03:05 PM
The first step to a 3rd Reich-style genocide is to dehumanize an entire group. Terms such as savages are used to accomplish this.

I see that this has been embraced by a certain contingent on this forum, a contingent that is very far from representing the whole membership.

There are more muslim outdoorsmen on this forum than you would suspect, and in my experience they are good people.

Grey, if you have something to say, say it, your allusion reeks of something. :thinking-006:

When using the term savages I am not referring to a specific religion, or race. I have several Muslim friends, some on this forum. Anyone who uses a weapon to beat another person when it is not a life or death situation is a savage. If they are beating other people to defend any other country than Canada they should be sent to the country they are defending as Canadians do not deserve to have such actions forced upon them. Maybe being that you are not originally from Canada you find the importance of trying to uphold Canadian values unimportant or irrelevant if it might infringe upon another cultures values. This is Canada, we have enough to worry about inside our borders to have to put up with this crap.

Ivo
07-08-2014, 04:09 PM
My parents came from Europe as immigrants to Canada and are extremely appreciative of everything that Canada has given them(they have given back in a major way as well). When they came here in the 60's, there was no BS about them bringing their culture here to Canada and forcing it down the throats of Canadians. Those things weren't taken lightly back then, they were expected to assimilate and adjust themselves according to the way we do things here, NOT the other way around!

I was born, raised and will die(fighting if I have to) in this beautiful country and this is my country. If I were to move to another country, I would have to accept their traditions, culture, rules and general way of life...when in Rome, do as the Romans. While I still value my background and am proud of my roots and heritage, my only devotion is to Canada...period!

I would expect of people coming to this country to do their civic duty and uphold this way of life and for them to conform to Canada instead of Canada having to a make special case for them, exceptions for them, rules for them and concessions for them. They moved freely to this country and should be held to a standard to act appropriately if they expect to stay here, if they don't like it GO HOME BECAUSE THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME!

While I hate to sound like a "typical Alberta redneck", the fact remains that too many people are taking advantage of the graciousness of this country at the expense of the people who built it, paid for it and keep paying for it. Immigration rules need to change and there should be only one standard to which ALL Canadians should be held, no exceptions either way. Everybody should contribute to the health, welfare and growth of this country and nobody gets a free ride, whether you are a 10th generation Canadian or you just stepped off the boat.

Being in the middle class, working very hard to support a family is honourable but I would rather be able to provide more for my kids than have to pay more in taxes to support someone who doesn't want to work regardless of whether they were born here or they emigrated.

Things need to change in this country in a hurry because there is a lot of people just like me who are growing more and more impatient with some of the government policies that are weighing on the shrinking middle class to carry the burden of paying for the people in this country that don't want to pull their own weight. Things can't continue like this.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 04:14 PM
My parents came from Europe as immigrants to Canada and are extremely appreciative of everything that Canada has given them(they have given back in a major way as well). When they came here in the 60's, there was no BS about them bringing their culture here to Canada and forcing it down the throats of Canadians. Those things weren't taken lightly back then, they were expected to assimilate and adjust themselves according to the way we do things here, NOT the other way around!

I was born, raised and will die(fighting if I have to) in this beautiful country and this is my country. If I were to move to another country, I would have to accept their traditions, culture, rules and general way of life...when in Rome, do as the Romans. While I still value my background and am proud of my roots and heritage, my only devotion is to Canada...period!

I would expect of people coming to this country to do their civic duty and uphold this way of life and for them to conform to Canada instead of Canada having to a make special case for them, exceptions for them, rules for them and concessions for them. They moved freely to this country and should be held to a standard to act appropriately if they expect to stay here, if they don't like it GO HOME BECAUSE THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME!

While I hate to sound like a "typical Alberta redneck", the fact remains that too many people are taking advantage of the graciousness of this country at the expense of the people who built it, paid for it and keep paying for it. Immigration rules need to change and there should be only one standard to which ALL Canadians should be held, no exceptions either way. Everybody should contribute to the health, welfare and growth of this country and nobody gets a free ride, whether you are a 10th generation Canadian or you just stepped off the boat.

Being in the middle class, working very hard to support a family is honourable but I would rather be able to provide more for my kids than have to pay more in taxes to support someone who doesn't want to work regardless of whether they were born here or they emigrated.

Things need to change in this country in a hurry because there is a lot of people just like me who are growing more and more impatient with some of the government policies that are weighing on the shrinking middle class to carry the burden of paying for the people in this country that don't want to pull their own weight. Things can't continue like this.

Thank you!

I wish every Canadian felt exactly like this!!!

Redfrog
07-08-2014, 04:18 PM

How far do you think that common sense will carry you? :thinking-006:

Well said.

igorot
07-08-2014, 04:22 PM

As a new immigrant myself, what can I say :47b20s0: where is the share button :medium-smiley-035:

Fredo
07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
As a new immigrant myself, what can I say :47b20s0: where is the share button :medium-smiley-035:

As a relatively new migrant, I do support all that was said earlier and I'm glad to see those values are more common here than they were within the migrants of my own homeland.

lake side
07-08-2014, 09:05 PM

So Wendy Mesley is your girl friend and Peter M is your brother..... Good to know. Look, both sides have there opinion but I would take his over the CBC. We know where you stand already so give it a rest.

LS

Tundra Monkey
07-08-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't usually post on these topics but a friend of mine sent me this the other day. Kind of thought provoking:

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/heritage-foundation-panelist-radical-islam

ganderblaster
07-08-2014, 09:50 PM
It can't be true. All Muslim immigrants are harmless.

coolpete1
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM
why were a group of israeli jews gathered outside "palestine house" , just being friendly? we should pack both groups on a boat and send em over there , let them fight there fight in there own countries.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I think too much emphasis is being put on Muslims and not enough on immigrant cultures influencing Canadians in a negative way. We need to keep this sort of bs outside of our borders. We are losing Canada and Canadian values one day at a time.

Like in the link Tundra Monkey posted, political correctness is a plague that is destroying our country. Time to hand the bleeding hearts a Kleenex and tell them to get themselves cleaned up and presentable, enough of the back rubbing and coddling. Everything is NOT going to be alright, if you want to be a Canadian, by all means be one, if you want to fight for another country, STAY THERE!

Wild&Free
07-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I think too much emphasis is being put on Muslims and not enough on immigrant cultures influencing Canadians in a negative way. We need to keep this sort of bs outside of our borders. We are losing Canada and Canadian values one day at a time.

Like in the link Tundra Monkey posted, political correctness is a plague that is destroying our country. Time to hand the bleeding hearts a Kleenex and tell them to get themselves cleaned up and presentable, enough of the back rubbing and coddling. Everything is NOT going to be alright, if you want to be a Canadian, by all means be one, if you want to fight for another country, STAY THERE!

European immigrants changed the many nations of this land in what the descendents of those same immigrants call a positive way...

don't want immigrants, make the need for them irrelevant. Baby boomers are retiring and never had enough children to maintain our population, and their kids had even less. so we can either raise taxes to maintain our systems, or bring in new blood to help maintain it.

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Some folks need to do some travelling the isolation is staggering . Radicals of any belief system are out side of our society. But if your all fired worried abought the tiny number of Palestinian protesters. Look out for the orthadox jews .not many of ya made NY eh .the fear you project on to the muslim is here and now in some enclaves. Try walking in the east brooklyn iirc on a Saturday iirc. Let us know how that flys .there is a street in TO cant remember the name but its considerd unwelcoming to non jews on there sabeth. So much to see and learn In this great world most will never do one All driven by fear of the unknown.:thinking-006:

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 10:22 PM

Just what all the native folk are thinking ..... of ten or so holidays we celibrate each year two are canadian the rest not so much ... canadian culture is a mixture of many cultures .... st pat's ,chris mass, haloween , Victoria day , may day see a pattern. Half of Alberta's named after scotland ... what most dont know is why its the way it is. Used to sing god save the queen in school ... bring that one back eh.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 10:29 PM
European immigrants changed the many nations of this land in what the descendents of those same immigrants call a positive way...

don't want immigrants, make the need for them irrelevant. Baby boomers are retiring and never had enough children to maintain our population, and their kids had even less. so we can either raise taxes to maintain our systems, or bring in new blood to help maintain it.

I have nothing against immigrants, please re-read my post before things get taken out of context.

Palestinians fighting Jews on the streets of Canada shouldn't ever be an issue, but now it is. Changing the RCMP uniform to fit immigrants needs should never have been an issue, but it is. Hiring quotas that put the lives of Canadians at risk should never have been allowed, but they are. These are just a few of many problems I see with political correctness.

Ivo
07-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't usually post on these topics but a friend of mine sent me this the other day. Kind of thought provoking:

Great clip. The kicker was the final line "it's time we take political correctness and throw it in the garbage"

I said in a different thread that this line of thinking isn't racist or discriminatory, it is a matter of self preservation and preserving a safe and peaceful way of life. I'm not by nature controversial or a fighter but we have to fight for the things that matter most, our children and our future.

I don't mean to sound alarmist but it's easier to take care of a small problem now than a big problem later.

I have to add here that I am not opposed to immigration or suggesting that we close our borders. What I am saying is that the screening process needs to be better and that when people enter a foreign country(Canada), that they adhere to our laws as gospel or they get deported swiftly and permanently. It is a privilege to live in Canada and not a right and that it should be respected.
Every one of us as Canadian citizens has a responsibility to our country and fellow Canadians to work for the benefit and prosperity of our country. When the country prospers, so do we. That is all part of our civic duty.

While some of this may sound a bit harsh, I just can't stand freeloaders and parasites. Can you tell I'm a small business owner? LOL!

jungleboy
07-08-2014, 10:38 PM

Ya I had to quit watching that Ezra guy . I hate how he is always researching the story and giving us facts from a different perspective than Peter Mansbridge. I mean ,how dare he not walk lock step with the standard left wing propaganda benchmark that is the CBC machine .

Now lets all have a group hug :grouphugg:

Winch101
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Radical Muslims are and will try to exterminate all Jews , Christians ,
In a Jihad against all infidels . You could just be collateral damage .
The fact that both these groups weren't locked up today is just an
Indication of how your Govt will protect you .
All this useless rhetoric about whose bad , whose good ......is just
An appeasement tactic ....remember 26 school kids from Calgary
Are Jihad fighters today ......Anyone can be swayed .....the radicals
Could be on here right now ....sizing you up ......malcontents beware ...

The idea that this isn't a problem for Canadians because you haven't been
To some crap hole 3rd world country ,is beyond simple minded .

fish gunner
Ya I had to quit watching that Ezra guy . I hate how he is always researching the story and giving us facts from a different perspective than Peter Mansbridge. I mean ,how dare he not walk lock step with the standard left wing propaganda benchmark that is the CBC machine .

Sorry oki basically showed the guy was fos . Its called quibbling when one omits key points to spin a bias When one know those points are crucial to the gist of the story. Cant says ole peter manbridge ever pulled that one. Lol although im sure the cbc puts its own spin on things .... hardly in the scale of the above article.

Kurt505
Just what all the native folk are thinking ..... of ten or so holidays we celibrate each year two are canadian the rest not so much ... canadian culture is a mixture of many cultures .... st pat's ,chris mass, haloween , Victoria day , may day see a pattern. Half of Alberta's named after scotland ... what most dont know is why its the way it is. Used to sing god save the queen in school ... bring that one back eh.

Did you read my post? What part specifically are you disagreeing with? I don't recall the part where I questioned holidays.

And it's Christmas by the way.

Robin Goodfellow
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Sticking to the story at hand... Ezra, who might be a little biased ;) , portrays this as being similar to the nazis brownshirts hunting down jews in pre-war germany. But there's a problem with his story...

The fight happens at a Palestinian demonstration outside of "Palestine House". The palestinian supporters didn't go looking for jews. They didn't go demonstrate outside a synagogue. They were outside their own office. Seems much more likely to me that the jews involved purposely went there to "confront" the palestinians.

And who actually started the fight? Who knows?

Years ago, I used to be very active in the Palestinian human rights movement. Our otherwise-peaceful protests would invariably be disrupted by Jewish provocateurs.. .usually a handful of Jewish "bros" in their mid-20s, doing their best to provoke people.... Shouting insults, being a-holes, etc.

Most were hip to the provocations, and we were always able to reign in the hot-headed Lebanese youths who were itching to to take the bait.

But such provocations were a pretty standard tactic by the other side... with the Loudmouths among them (like Levant) Just dying for an incident so they could publish an article about the poor Jewish victims of Muslim extremists...

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 10:49 PM

Aha ha ha exibt A :the fear factor. You and grey should get on your donkeys for the next crusade, Venice I hear is a great place to stop over . U wont need tin foil they give you a helmet.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Did you read my post? What part specifically are you disagreeing with? I don't recall the part where I questioned holidays.

And it's Christmas by the way.
Holidays international , bilingual showing a mixed history. Canadian cultre is a mish mash of nearly every culture . We have china towns , little italies, Portuguese quarters. Highland games:sHa_shakeshout:. Most of what we celibratevis not from hear its adopted from else where . Mmmm kebab now im hungry. Pizza any one. Any one know a good pemican joint.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Holidays international , bilingual showing a mixed history. Canadian cultre is a mish mash of nearly every culture . We have china towns , little italies, Portuguese quarters. Highland games:sHa_shakeshout:. Most of what we celibratevis not from hear its adopted from else where . Mmmm kebab now im hungry. Pizza any one. Any one know a good pemican joint.

Ok, and?

Re-read my post and let me know exactly which part you're trying to argue about because I still don't know what part I have to explain to you.

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Ok, and?

Re-read my post and let me know exactly which part you're trying to argue about because I still don't know what part I have to explain to you.
Please point out the canadian culture? Unless you mean a pow wow or a good olde potlatch .

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Please point out the canadian culture? Unless you mean a pow wow or a good olde potlatch .

Please point out where I said anything about Canadian culture.

Do you argue just for the sake of arguing? Do you have your nose out of joint because of my views? Please, tell me what you are in disagreement with so we can debate this. Up until now I see you post stuff and quote me but you still haven't said what you want to argue about, other than stuff you're making up.

Wild&Free
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I have nothing against immigrants, please re-read my post before things get taken out of context.

Palestinians fighting Jews on the streets of Canada shouldn't ever be an issue, but now it is. Changing the RCMP uniform to fit immigrants needs should never have been an issue, but it is. Hiring quotas that put the lives of Canadians at risk should never have been allowed, but they are. These are just a few of many problems I see with political correctness.

My point was Kurt that immigration changes a nation and the original inhabitants usually never like all of those changes and the only way to preserve a culture and tradition is to maintain a constant population of the members and practitioners of those traditions.

Before the Palestinian/Israeli issue there was the Italian and Irish issues to consider too.

Also, as I recall, the RCMP uniform code as changed on religious grounds not immigration. A white son of Christians can convert to follow Sikh and be required to wear a turban you know.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM

The idea that this isn't a problem for Canadians because you haven't been
To some crap hole 3rd world country ,is beyond simple minded .

Have you been a victim of violent extremist muslims?

Ever had a violent confrontation with a "real" Canadian guy?

I have been to 3rd world islamic countries and never had a problem, although I was constantly vulnerable had any wished me harm.

The sensational and constant anti-muslim rhetoric on here is getting pretty sickening.

Take it over to stormfront.org, you will find a much more supportive audience.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:08 PM

love me a potlatch

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Also, as I recall, the RCMP uniform code as changed on religious grounds not immigration. A white son of Christians can convert to follow Sikh and be required to wear a turban you know.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do know. I also know that they do not HAVE to be a police officer.

My point is no other country, that I know of at least, would change their uniform because someone wanted them to.

I have no problem with Sikhs, as a matter of fact I think people from Asia, and more specifically India are some of the most respectful people I've come across, but I still don't think it's right Canadians had to change their uniform to appease an Indian based religious belief. Nothing against the people, I just think it shouldn't have had to happen.

Ivo
07-08-2014, 11:23 PM

I think what Kurt505 is referring to is the violent protests in the streets of Toronto regarding political issues abroad. I also think he made his point about "Canadian culture" and having to change our rules to accommodate other cultures.

I don't think he wants to go and blow up little Italy or Chinatown.

Kurt505, sorry if I am taking something you said out of context and feel free to correct me.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=BeeGuy;2485443][B]Have you been a victim of violent extremist muslims?

Can boarding an international flight and being picked out to be searched and have your baggage searched be considered being a victim of a radical extremist Muslim? I have a friend Mo who just happens to get picked for a "random" search almost every time he steps on a plane. Before 911 he never had a problem. I'd say that's being a victim, unfortunately not the kind of victim you were thinking about, yet still a victim.

Wether you like to admit it or not, millions of people are victims of violent Muslim extremists, even Muslims.

Wild&Free
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM

My point is no other country, that I know of at least, would change their uniform because someone wanted them to.

I have no problem with Sikhs, as a matter of fact I think people from Asia, and more specifically India are some of the most respectful people I've come across, but I still don't think it's right Canadians had to change their uniform to appease an Indian based religious belief. Nothing against the people, I just think it shouldn't have had to happen.

so Sikhs should have been prohibited from being RCMP officers because of a hat?

I don't care if they're blue, purple, straight, gay, wear makeup because thier chosen deity told them to, if they want to serve in keeping me and my community safe and devot their time to finding those that have caused harm to others, I say let them.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:31 PM
I think what Kurt505 is referring to is the violent protests in the streets of Toronto regarding political issues abroad. I also think he made his point about "Canadian culture" and having to change our rules to accommodate other cultures.

I don't think he wants to go and blow up little Italy or Chinatown.

Kurt505, sorry if I am taking something you said out of context and feel free to correct me.

It's Canadian values I want to preserve, Canada is multi cultural, I'm ok with that. It's NEGATIVE influences from other cultures we don't need.

IVO, I think you and I are on the exact same page, you just seem to convey your thoughts a bit more gracefully. I'm a bit brash I guess but I like to think I'm not so brash I'm insulting, most times it's not my intent.

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 11:34 PM

I don't care if they're blue, purple, straight, gay, wear makeup because thier chosen deity told them to, if they want to serve in keeping me and my community safe and devot their time to finding those that have caused harm to others, I say let them.
The Sikh turban is a royal head dress fit to be worn in a leigon or in the presence of HRH . It was in fact a simple over sight that the rcpm would have been the only royal regiment not to recognize the head dress. Weird ..

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:34 PM

There you go again trying to put words in my mouth, I never said they should be prohibited from being police officers, I said we shouldn't of had to change our uniform. Take the turban off and wear the uniform while your on duty if you want to be a police officer in Canada so bad. But noooo, we can't hurt anyone's feelings, we have to change our uniform. Pfffft.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Can boarding an international flight and being picked out to be searched and have your baggage searched be considered being a victim of a radical extremist Muslim? I have a friend Mo who just happens to get picked for a "random" search almost every time he steps on a plane. Before 911 he never had a problem. I'd say that's being a victim, unfortunately not the kind of victim you were thinking about, yet still a victim.

Wether you like to admit it or not, millions of people are victims of violent Muslim extremists, even Muslims.

I think you understood the intent of my question, however you chose to avoid it.

I think those 2 questions are very easily answered with respect to their intent. I also think there is a truth that is intentionally avoided by failing to answer them directly.

I would be happy to hear any direct experiences with violent jihading muslims from any of the muslims-are-evil-nation-destroyers crowd.

I suspect there is nary a one.

Yet, I suspect many here have come to fist-i-cuffs, been robbed by, or otherwise victimized by "real" canadians.

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 11:38 PM
It's Canadian values I want to preserve, Canada is multi cultural, I'm ok with that. It's NEGATIVE influences from other cultures we don't need.

IVO, I think you and I are on the exact same page, you just seem to convey your thoughts a bit more gracefully. I'm a bit brash I guess but I like to think I'm not so brash I'm insulting, most times it's not my intent. your fine, thik skin around here. Ever drank with two paddies from opposite sides belfast in a legion. No differnt, but we dont feel the threat is all.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:38 PM
I think you understood the intent of my question, however you chose to avoid it.

I think those 2 questions are very easily answered with respect to their intent. I also think there is a truth that is intentionally avoided by failing to answer them directly.

I would be happy to hear any direct experiences with violent jihading muslims from any of the muslims-are-evil-nation-destroyers crowd.

Yet, I suspect many here have come to fist-i-cuffs, been robbed by, or otherwise victimized by "real" canadians.

Ask the same two questions in Iran.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
There you go again trying to put words in my mouth, I never said they should be prohibited from being police officers, I said we shouldn't of had to change our uniform. Take the turban off and wear the uniform while your on duty if you want to be a police officer in Canada so bad. But noooo, we can't hurt anyone's feelings, we have to change our uniform. Pfffft.

Perhaps if you had a strongly held system of belief you would understand why it is important to them, somewhat more so than hurt feelings.

Saying they are hurt feelings really undermines their entire being.

HyperMOA
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
[B]Have you been a victim of violent extremist muslims?

Yep, every time I spend 4 hours to get on a plane, with a valid passport in hand, throw away my bottle of water, and have to remove my footwear.

That being said I am not anti-muslim, just pointing out that I and many others are victims of a violent extremist muslim attack.

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:42 PM

Have you been to Tehran?

I think you would be very surprised to learn the difference between their social awakening and desire for more western styled laws, and the oppressive regime they are living under.

So is x-raying your suitcase at the airport the extent of your victimhood at the hands of jihadists?

Kurt505
your fine, thik skin around here. Ever drank with two paddies from opposite sides belfast in a legion. No differnt, but we dont feel the threat is all.

Have you been drinking tonight? I still don't know exactly what angle your coming at me from. Maybe I need to have a couple shots of 40 creek before bed tonight...

HyperMOA
Perhaps if you had a strongly held system of belief you would understand why it is important to them, somewhat more so than hurt feelings.

Saying they are hurt feelings really undermines their entire being.

What is the definition of uniform?

Ivo

Or at ground zero!

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 11:43 PM

Yet, I suspect many here have come to fist-i-cuffs, been robbed by, or otherwise victimized by "real" canadians. Im that guy ... buddy wears nearly 300 stitches from an attack in Bahrain scouting for" safe" R&R areas for the sqn . Four guys standing less than 10' apart getting of the bus from the air port . no one seen a thing.

HyperMOA
07-08-2014, 11:44 PM
So is x-raying your suitcase at the airport the extent of your victimhood at the hands of jihadists?

Does the extent matter? You only asked if anyone was a victim.

fish gunner
07-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Have you been drinking tonight? I still don't know exactly what angle your coming at me from. Maybe I need to have a couple shots of 40 creek before bed tonight... glass of milk and a pint of ribeana. No alcohol. No angle man . Keeping ya on your toes is all .

Ivo
07-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Im that guy ... buddy wears nearly 300 stitches from an attack in Bahrain scouting for" safe" R&R areas for the sqn . Four guys standing less than 10' apart getting of the bus from the air port . no one seen a thing.

I thought the extreme jihadists never hurt anyone and it was all fictional... you know...they are a minority of the larger, more peaceful group of muslims so not capable of such despicable acts.

In all seriousness sorry about your luck bro!

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Yep, every time I spend 4 hours to get on a plane, with a valid passport in hand, throw away my bottle of water, and have to remove my footwear.

That being said I am not anti-muslim, just pointing out that I and many others are victims of a violent extremist muslim attack.

4hrs?????

I've flown to many countries and have never had such an experience, never mind having to wait 4hrs every time.

So is this the extent of the average "real" canadians victimhood at the hands of jihadists.

As seen in Edmonton, "real" canadians are even given their pipe bombs back to carry on.

Kurt505
07-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Have you been to Tehran?

I think you would be very surprised to learn the difference between their social awakening and desire for more western styled laws, and the oppressive regime they are living under.

I would be surprised if anyone in Iran answered yes to being a victim of a real Canadian.

Of coarse they want a more western style law system!!!! That's why I don't want the bs happening over there becoming common place over here!!! It's my whole point in this thread!!!

Re-read my post, it's my friend Mo who I said is a victim, along with many millions of people world wide.

You seem to hold a warm spot in your heart for the jihadists, like they are victims of western people, care to elaborate on why you think a real Canadian is so much more of a threat?

BeeGuy
07-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I would be surprised if anyone in Iran answered yes to being a victim of a real Canadian.

Of coarse they want a more western style law system!!!! That's why I don't want the bs happening over there becoming common place over here!!! It's my whole point in this thread!!!

Re-read my post, it's my friend Mo who I said is a victim, along with many millions of people world wide.

You seem to hold a warm spot in your heart for the jihadists, like they are victims of western people, care to elaborate on why you think a real Canadian is so much more of a threat?

My point, and it has been a consistent one through many anti-muslim threads on this site is that muslims are not extremists or jihadists by nature. Islam does not necessitate it.

Extremists are a special case, not the rule. We have our own fair share of right-wing extremists in north america as well.

The reality in Canada, is you are much more likely to get attacked by a white guy, than a muslim who is acting out some religious nuttery.

Also, reread my posts if need be, but you'll never find my support for any fanatics or radicals, and the ones I call out on this site are hardly different from the ones on the other side of the globe.

HyperMOA
07-09-2014, 12:05 AM
4hrs?????

I've flown to many countries and have never had such an experience, never mind having to wait 4hrs every time.

So is this the extent of the average "real" canadians victimhood at the hands of jihadists.

As seen in Edmonton, "real" canadians are even given their pipe bombs back to carry on.

No 4 hours isn't necessarily normal but I have waited longer.

As for the pipe bomb being returned, I sit here snickering , wondering if I should respond. Oh the heck with it. I wonder if it was a muslim that returned the bomb? :)

OK that was bad, forgive me.

Kurt505
07-09-2014, 12:07 AM
My point, and it has been a consistent one through many anti-muslim threads on this site is that muslims are not extremists or jihadists by nature. Islam does not necessitate it.

Extremists are a special case, not the rule. We have our own fair share of right-wing extremists in north america as well.

The reality in Canada, is you are much more likely to get attacked by a white guy, than a muslim who is acting out some religious nuttery.

Also, reread my posts if need be, but you'll never find my support for any fanatics or radicals, and the ones I call out on this site are hardly different from the ones on the other side of the globe.

Although the title of this thread may have Muslim in it, if you read my posts, I am by no means anti Muslim. It was you who asked the question about violent Muslim extremists, and you who brought up jihadists, neither of which are your average Muslim as you well know.

Of coarse you are more likely to be attacked by a white guy in CANADA than a nutty Muslim, that's a rather biased statement. You are taking a page right out of the CBC hand book there.

And don't even try to compare the rednecks posting on this forum to some freak who will strap a bomb on his body and blow up innocent people, that is extremely insulting.

Ivo
07-09-2014, 12:09 AM

So you are saying we need to be reactive and not proactive. I disagree.

If you want to ignore the fact that the threats are growing in North America, that's your decision but don't go calling for action after you are "directly affected", by then it will be too late.

Fredo
07-09-2014, 12:10 AM
If the world was run by atheists, there won't be any of those problems.

BeeGuy
07-09-2014, 12:16 AM
So you are saying we need to be reactive and not proactive. I disagree.

If you want to ignore the fact that the threats are growing in North America, that's your decision but don't go calling for action after you are "directly affected", by then it will be too late.

Should we be proactive about white supremacists in Alberta or reactive?

Every group has its nuts.

It is no reason to condemn them all.

Unless they are armed and funded by the taxpayer.

BeeGuy
07-09-2014, 12:21 AM
If the world was run by atheists, there won't be any of those problems.

I dont think I agree.

I think most conflict arises out of competition for growth and manifests itself along racial and religious lines. Tribalism. "They are not like me."

Without those we'd likely be headed towards a caste-type class system or something equally sinister.

Competition is part of life and conflict arises from those willing to do harm to take what someone else has.

Ivo
07-09-2014, 12:23 AM

Yes, we should be proactive to any threat of violence. What is your suggestion? Let them simmer till it comes to a boil?

Kurt505
07-09-2014, 12:23 AM

The difference is, the guys wearing the dunce caps have neither the means, nor the ambition to cause global disaster, your arguments are weak tonight Bee.

Ivo
07-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Goodnight boys! This was fun, we should get together for beers one night!

Fredo
07-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Apart from conflicts and segregation ("they" don't worship my go so they are evil or lesser), I don't see any good thing on a bigger scale with religions. I do acknowledge charities, tho, when they are open to everyone.

Kurt505
07-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Goodnight boys! This was fun, we should get together for beers one night!

:) it would be a good time had by all, I'm in.

Fredo
07-09-2014, 12:33 AM
I dont think I agree.

I think most conflict arises out of competition for growth and manifests itself along racial and religious lines. Tribalism. "They are not like me."

At least you admit that severed semites, whatever their flavor is, are not the same breed as others... and that "they" can't stand "them".

You perfectly described the rampant problem of mankind: descendants of ancient savages from the desert trying to overrun progress and peace with intolerance justified by assumptions on the existence of a god, that has yet to be proven.

Yawn.

Grow up, stop reading your books, aim for the stars.

Moosejuice
07-09-2014, 03:44 AM

I generally agree with the sentiment but think you should also extend that to the down east folks that have been working so hard to rebrand Alberta and Albertans in what they percieve we should be.

Was a time that callin a guy from Alberta a redneck would get you a mouth full of fist.

Just sayin that not all that eastern influence has been unbias or liberal over the years comin from Canadas bama belt if you get my drift.

Reporting on this incident has been bias especially when you stop and think about how widely reported the reporting of a dozen friendlies in Calgary was a couple weeks back.

Makes a guy wonder why that is.

Dominq
07-09-2014, 07:23 AM
The protest and clash was actually instigated by israeli supporters. If you read Ezra's version it's as if a couple of Jews were walking down the road, accidentally ran into a terrorist protest, and were viciously attacked.

However, do two minutes of research and you will see that the Jewish Defene League has routinely held protests at Palestine House. Here's a call-out for one in 2012.
http://jdlcanada.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/jdl-protest-against-%E2%80%9Cpalestine-house%E2%80%9D-sun-feb-28-100-pm/

Here's a discription and pictures of the current protest in the Mississauga News. Hardly a muslim controlled lefty paper:
http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4614722-update-protest-near-palestine-house-turns-ugly-three-injured/
Note the Israili flags of the marchers on their way to Palestine House and get in some arab faces.

Basically this is a fight between two groups of people who both put other countries ahead of Canada. A pox on both of them.

Ezra's picked his side and truth and balance be damned. It's like writing about how some bully in a bar beat some poor innocent guy senseless, and leaving out the part where the "innocent guy" first went over and threw a beer in the bully's face. Good journalism? No, good propaganda.

X2

Robin Goodfellow
07-09-2014, 08:54 AM

I commend them for this, Can't imagine what it would be like to live in a Teepee and eat pemmican.

Kurt505
07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I commend them for this, Can't imagine what it would be like to live in a Teepee and eat pemmican.

I'll have to call my folks, I wasn't aware they were living in teepees and eating pemmican in the 60's. Must have missed those pictures...

greylynx
07-09-2014, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=BeeGuy;2485478]I think you understood the intent of my question, however you chose to avoid it.

I had a summer job as an accounts receivable cashier for Yellow Cab. I had numerous physical threats against me. It seems these gentlemen had problems with what was known as "standard Canadian business practices" at that time.

The big fatwa was in the back by the vacumn cleaners. That is
where the murders occured. No throat slittings. Death by guns. Boy those guys liked to beat and kill each other.

bison
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM

I agree 100 %
Immigrant myself.

st99
07-09-2014, 10:40 AM
I agree 100 %
Immigrant myself.

My wife is an immigrant, she sometimes say ''but back home......'', my reply is simply I don't care, we're not there, we're here. That's how the whole country should deal with immigrant.

Mb-MBR
07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Also, as I recall, the RCMP uniform code as changed on religious grounds not immigration. A white son of Christians can convert to follow Sikh and be required to wear a turban you know.

I have no problem with Sikhs, as a matter of fact I think people from Asia, and more specifically India are some of the most respectful people I've come across, but I still don't think it's right Canadians had to change their uniform to appease an Indian based religious belief. Nothing against the people, I just think it shouldn't have had to happen.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, now you're complaining about the real Indians......:bad_boys_20::shake:

Kurt505
07-09-2014, 10:02 PM

Jeez, now you're complaining about the real Indians......:bad_boys_20::shake:[/QUOTE]

Some people are hard to put some learning into, I can't help you in that aspect I can only try my best to explain things to you.

It's not the Indians I have the problem with, it's the politically correct system that caters to them I have a problem with.

elkhunter11
07-09-2014, 10:30 PM
It's not the Indians I have the problem with, it's the politically correct system that caters to them I have a problem with.

It's the politically correct system that gives preferential treatment to any race or religion that I have an issue with.

Mb-MBR
07-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Jeez, now you're complaining about the real Indians......:bad_boys_20::shake:

Some people are hard to put some learning into, I can't help you in that aspect I can only try my best to explain things to you.

It's not the Indians I have the problem with, it's the politically correct system that caters to them I have a problem with.[/QUOTE]

But this is what makes Canada what it is, the envy of the world? I also know what you're feeling, after all, our people were subjected to conditions we were not appreciative of.

ali#1
07-10-2014, 12:31 AM
But the CBC is better.......:thinking-006:

Why does it have to be one or the other ? Are there only 2 news outlets in this entire country ?.

Kurt505
07-10-2014, 06:26 AM
But this is what makes Canada what it is, the envy of the world? I also know what you're feeling, after all, our people were subjected to conditions we were not appreciative of.

No, this isn't what makes Canada the envy of the world, it's what is going to destroy what makes Canada the envy of the world. Believe it or not, it's the ability to work in a safe environment and have a prosperous comfortable life where they can safely raise a family is what makes us so desirable.

This is what's happening today, this is when change should happen so 200 years down the road we're not complaining about what's happening today, a little late to fix things then, and not a whole lot of good complaining about it then will do us. If "your" people and "my" people did things differently 200 years ago, perhaps neither of us would be complaining about what's happening today.

Winch101
07-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Our esteemed leader ,speaks for all Canadians

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/09/harper-israel-netanyahu-palestine_n_5572867.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

The Cook
07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I put my money on Israel against any one of the Third Century mentality countries in the soon to be parking lot.

Mb-MBR
07-10-2014, 04:58 PM
No, this isn't what makes Canada the envy of the world, it's what is going to destroy what makes Canada the envy of the world. Believe it or not, it's the ability to work in a safe environment and have a prosperous comfortable life where they can safely raise a family is what makes us so desirable.

This is what's happening today, this is when change should happen so 200 years down the road we're not complaining about what's happening today, a little late to fix things then, and not a whole lot of good complaining about it then will do us. If "your" people and "my" people did things differently 200 years ago, perhaps neither of us would be complaining about what's happening today.

I thought it was Canada's immigration policy and accepting of other cultures that made us desirable.

Yup, hindsight is always 20/20. I wouldn't mind going back a couple centuries and redoing a few things.

Kurt505
07-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I thought it was Canada's immigration policy and accepting of other cultures that made us desirable.

Well I guess you learned something today, I forgot to add our health care system tho.

Yup, hindsight is always 20/20. I wouldn't mind going back a couple centuries and redoing a few things.

Maybe do a screen grab and take a snapshot of it, it may be the one and only time we agree on something.

darwix
07-10-2014, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdQ6QP6jja8&sns=tw

Mb-MBR
07-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Maybe do a screen grab and take a snapshot of it, it may be the one and only time we agree on something.

Doesn't make either of us bad, right or wrong. I harbor no ill towards you but I sure do yanking your chain every once in awhile.....:sHa_shakeshout:

Bushrat
07-10-2014, 07:30 PM
They come to a new country, but they can't give up their past. Why can't these people look at the big picture? They should all be sittin around drinking beer trying to figure out how to make things better where they came from. That's what real Canadians would do.

Kurt505
07-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Doesn't make either of us bad, right or wrong. I harbor no ill towards you but I sure do yanking your chain every once in awhile.....:sHa_shakeshout:

If I didn't like arguing with you, I wouldn't reply to your posts (as often). Absolutely no hard feelings on this side either, I actually look forward to your responses.

:)

Mb-MBR
07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
If I didn't like arguing with you, I wouldn't reply to your posts (as often). Absolutely no hard feelings on this side either, I actually look forward to your responses.

That's two screen shots now.......:fighting0074::sSig_cool2:

BeeGuy
07-10-2014, 08:56 PM
They come to a new country, but they can't give up their past. Why can't these people look at the big picture? They should all be sittin around drinking beer trying to figure out how to make things better where they came from. That's what real Canadians would do.

Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that they still have family there that are affected by this neo-colonial apartheid state, and also that our dear heir harper is involving us in a conflict which is not our business.

How quickly did Irish immigrants lose their contempt for the English or scots stop wearing kilts?

Hmmmm...

marxman
07-10-2014, 09:51 PM
why shouldnt canada support israel its a country surrounded by people that want to annihilate them and they arent a bunch of helpless deadbeats like a lot of other countries people are always wailing over

canadiantdi
07-10-2014, 09:52 PM
why shouldnt canada support israel its a country surrounded by people that want to annihilate them and they arent a bunch of helpless deadbeats unlike a lot of other countries people are always wailing over

Bushrat
07-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that they still have family there that are affected by this neo-colonial apartheid state, and also that our dear heir harper is involving us in a conflict which is not our business.

How quickly did Irish immigrants lose their contempt for the English or scots stop wearing kilts?

Hmmmm...

When my irish immigrant ancestors left Ireland, they had family members remaining there. Probably never saw or spoke to them again. When they got here they got on with the business of making a new life. bygone the past..they never forgot about it but they quit living it. A lot of these modern immigrants have no intention of changing custom or culture or integrateing into a new society.

Not related but found this video interesting.

fish gunner
07-10-2014, 11:32 PM

Hmmmm...
Mines is in cupboard :), then again i struggle as a radical:sHa_shakeshout:

coolpete1
07-10-2014, 11:44 PM
why shouldnt canada support israel its a country surrounded by people that want to annihilate them and they arent a bunch of helpless deadbeats like a lot of other countries people are always wailing over

did you ever stop and look why their neighbors hate them? israels creation alone displaced 3 million arabs from their homes , and they haven't been very good nieghbors to the surrounding countries , unless you think dumping a million or so refugees into someone elses country as a kind gesture .

bison
07-10-2014, 11:53 PM
When my irish immigrant ancestors left Ireland, they had family members remaining there. Probably never saw or spoke to them again. When they got here they got on with the business of making a new life. bygone the past..they never forgot about it but they quit living it. A lot of these modern immigrants have no intention of changing custom or culture or integrateing into a new society.

exactly

BeeGuy
07-11-2014, 12:18 AM

So, are you speaking about all Irish immigrants in the 20th century or just yours, recalled in a manner that is beyond any criticism?

Most Caucasian immigrants have held onto their National/religious/cultural identities.

But, for the sake of bemoaning the great muslim threat, we can ignore the reality of that.

BeeGuy
07-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Mines is in cupboard :), then again i struggle as a radical:sHa_shakeshout:
I believe it!

When are you gonna integrate buddy and leave your countries violent, savage history in the past and become a good christian oil worker?

Matt L.
07-11-2014, 06:53 AM
did you ever stop and look why their neighbors hate them? israels creation alone displaced 3 million arabs from their homes , and they haven't been very good nieghbors to the surrounding countries , unless you think dumping a million or so refugees into someone elses country as a kind gesture .

Goes back way further than that bud.

marxman
07-11-2014, 07:21 AM

go back to your ancestral homeland you colonizer. the israelis have

coolpete1
07-11-2014, 07:34 AM
go back to your ancestral homeland you colonizer. the israelis have

i dont think israel is anywhere near poland , but go ahead and eat with the other sheep there bud

Bushrat
07-11-2014, 07:51 AM
So, are you speaking about all Irish immigrants in the 20th century or just yours, recalled in a manner that is beyond any criticism?

Most Caucasian immigrants have held onto their National/religious/cultural identities.

But, for the sake of bemoaning the great muslim threat, we can ignore the reality of that.

Other side of my family came here in the 1600's, They came over here and probably got involved in the Indian wars and probably fought against the French . Anyway immigrants from all over the world created a culture whereby anybody could hold onto their religious and cultural identities meanwhile creating a new culture which was the theme of a new life they adopted, a theme that millions of other immigrants also adopted. The muslims don't want to be like us.they want to impose not adapt. You don't see the Chinese, Vietnamese, German, Irish or Australian, etc trying to come here to kill us. Sure most muslims may be benevolent citizens but they are not outing the problem immigrants that are coming with them, in fact they are encouraging them by not calling them out. In this case I believe we must throw out the baby with the bath water or things are not going to be good. They are not loyal to their new culture and want to maintain and impose on us their old ways which don't mix well with what we have here. Soon we will know how the Indians felt. Right or wrong, is not the question. The question is wether we are strong enough to maintain what we have now, or do we allow ours to be changed to accommodate them. Personally I prefer what we have to what we might become if we allow this to continue. I not really interested in going back to the Stone Age. We have to make a decision and not everyone will be happy about it.

Winch101
07-11-2014, 07:56 AM
It's pretty simple we elect a Federal govt to look after the peace
And let people in who want to be Canadian but they DO NOT
Do their job.

Bee buddy it's Herr ,highly unlikely Harper will be your Heir
Though I'm sure he'd take the dough .

Half my forefathers came from France ,500 yrs ago and the other
Half depending on who you talk to have been here for 10,000 years .
Both today want to have their own country in this country . Go figure .

I know there are fairly current immigrants who are appaled at these
Events ,as we are ...the Feds could still clean this up , tough to teach
An old dog like Herr Steve new tricks .

Bush rat very sensible take on this

Kurt505
07-11-2014, 08:40 AM
I believe it!

When are you gonna integrate buddy and leave your countries violent, savage history in the past and become a good christian oil worker?

What's the difference between someone having a problem with a person from another country and you having a problem with a Christian oil worker?

Instead of the dog barking at you from across the street, he's barking at you from your own yard.

graymatter
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
All Muslim countries are dictatorships where the leading family live in the lap of luxury while it's citizens scratch out a living.Muslims are not happy in Iran,Iraq,Syria,Palestine,Lebanon,Pakistan,Azerbai jan,etc etc.
The leave their countries and enter ours because our government thinks multiculturalism works.
Look at the post years of the Soviet Union to see if you think multiculturalism works.
Anyway, we let them in here, (here being a Christian country )they bring their anger,hatred, disgust, filth with them, then want sharia law brought in and treat their women like dogs, make them cover up and .......wait a minute.......isn't that what they were running from? A Muslim moving to a Christian country for a better life? Seems to me their religion has led them down a one way street into a brick wall.
Consider this:
What if?
If Israel said we don't want to fight anymore, we are gonna lay down our weapons and we would just like to live in peace with our neighbors.
You would have several Muslim countries invade Israel and outright slaughter every last Jew and scream holy war while doing so.
Now!!
Consider this:
What if
If the neighboring muslim countries around Israel said we don't want to fight anymore,we are gonna lay down our weapons and we would just like to live in peace with our neighbors.
What would happen?
Answer: ......one word....... Peace !
Soon after Israel would open borders to trade and everyone would make some money, including Muslim countries,........ But they are so full of hate to see past this.
Now let's look at the contributions to this world.
Look back in history and see how many Muslims have won the Nobel prize for mathematics, physics, chemistry, science, medicine, etc,etc,etc
Now look and see how many Jews have won the Nobel prize for mathematics, physics,chemistry,science,medicine..... And you will thank the Jewish race for contributions to the bettering of your life in this world.

I just plain don't like what's happening to my country or in other Christian countries.
The entire world is growing tired of this Muslim thing, and is only a matter of time before a beating of biblical proportions is dished out world wide.
Look for it to start in a middle European country, probably Germany.
Perhaps in my life time (I'm 50 ) , I won't be dealing with this, but my children will be, and some of you on here with offspring under 30 years of age will be as we'll.

Sit by quietly , Mr. Joe average Canadian, and raise your family of 2 kids, go to work and pay your mortgage, and don't pay attention to what's going on in your city, turn a blind eye........ Muslim families are having 5-8 children and are out breeding you, and in a very short while this democracy of ours will be owned by Muslims and they will vote in what they want as they will hold the majority in municipal,provincial,and federal governments. Christmas concerts in your children's school are no longer Christmas concerts, they are holiday concerts and that Christmas tree is now a holiday tree. .....yes, as Muslims we will make a mockery of your religion, but you can't talk about ours!
Don't like seeing women with their heads or faces covered in your local shopping mall, chinook centre, cross iron mills, market mall, wait until they vote to have your wife cover her hair and face in the same malls.
Yes, mr joe average Canadian, you are too tolerant as this land has not seen a war in modern times, like in recent history Europe has 2 times in the last almost 100 years.

Dark days are on the horizon for this world.

graymatter
07-11-2014, 07:08 PM
All Muslim countries are dictatorships where the leading family live in the lap of luxury while it's citizens scratch out a living.Muslims are not happy in Iran,Iraq,Syria,Palestine,Lebanon,Pakistan,Azerbai jan,etc etc.
The leave their countries and enter ours because our government thinks multiculturalism works.
Look at the post years of the Soviet Union to see if you think multiculturalism works.
Anyway, we let them in here, (here being a Christian country )they bring their anger,hatred, disgust, filth with them, then want sharia law brought in and treat their women like dogs, make them cover up and .......wait a minute.......isn't that what they were running from? A Muslim moving to a Christian country for a better life? Seems to me their religion has led them down a one way street into a brick wall.
Consider this:
What if?
If Israel said we don't want to fight anymore, we are gonna lay down our weapons and we would just like to live in peace with our neighbors.
You would have several Muslim countries invade Israel and outright slaughter every last Jew and scream holy war while doing so.
Now!!
Consider this:
What if
If the neighboring muslim countries around Israel said we don't want to fight anymore,we are gonna lay down our weapons and we would just like to live in peace with our neighbors.
What would happen?
Soon after Israel would open borders to trade and everyone would make some money, including Muslim countries,........ But they are so full of hate to see past this.
Look back in history and see how many Muslims have won the Nobel prize for mathematics, physics, chemistry, science, medicine, etc,etc,etc
Now look and see how many Jews have won the Nobel prize for mathematics, physics,chemistry,science,medicine..... And you will thank the Jewish race for contributions to the bettering of your life in this world.

I just plain don't like what's happening to my country or in other Christian countries.
The entire world is growing tired of this Muslim thing, and is only a matter of time before a beating of biblical proportions is dished out world wide.
Perhaps in my life time (I'm 50 ) , I won't be dealing with this, but my children will be, and some of you on here with offspring under 30 years of age will be as we'll.

Sit by quietly , Mr. Joe average Canadian, and raise your family of 2 kids, go to work and pay your mortgage, and don't pay attention to what's going on in your city, turn a blind eye........ Muslim families are having 5-8 children and are out breeding you, and in a very short while this democracy of ours will be owned by Muslims and they will vote in what they want as they will hold the majority in municipal,provincial,and federal governments. Christmas concerts in your children's school are no longer Christmas concerts, they are holiday concerts and that Christmas tree is now a holiday tree. .....yes, as Muslims we will make a mockery of your religion, but you can't talk about ours!
Don't like seeing women with their heads or faces covered in your local shopping mall, chinook centre, cross iron mills, market mall, wait until they vote to have your wife cover her hair and face in the same malls.
Yes, mr joe average Canadian, you are too tolerant as this land has not seen a war in modern times, like in recent history Europe has 2 times in the last almost 100 years.

greylynx
07-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Monty Python indeed:

From a country where the only real men are soccer hooligans.

Ivo
07-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Consider this:
What if?
Now!!
Consider this:
What if
What would happen?

While I wish this weren't true, the fact of the matter is that it is very true.

I know there are countries in Europe(France and Belgium I believe) that have started taking measures to combat this. Canada should take a long hard look to the future and start before it's too late.

bessiedog
07-11-2014, 11:27 PM
They never got a Nobel prize...

They just invented:

Base 10 numbers
Our alphabet

Algebra

The European 'code of chivallry'
The sought to preserve Greek and roman knowledge after those civilizations faded.

I believe the first university.

The prominence of radical fundamentalism and breeding like rabbits is much more a function of poverty and lack of education.

Go to northern Montana, and you'll find large families in the hills preaching christian crazy violent as well.

We don't have as much cause were richer and can afford cable.

Take a new immigrant huntin and fishin. We all have a duty to help make the Canadians we want to see.

score
07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Western society has become scary complacent. It's a long war that we're losing. And it's right there in our face, everywhere. Totally foolish, irresponsible and negligent. *shrugs*

canadiantdi
07-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Western society has become scary complacent. It's a long war that we're losing. And it's right there in our face, everywhere. Totally foolish, irresponsible and negligent. *shrugs*

Sad. I worry about my kids and their kids! What kind of place is this going to be?

Wild&Free
07-12-2014, 11:50 AM

They just invented:

Base 10 numbers
Our alphabet

Algebra

The sought to preserve Greek and roman knowledge after those civilizations faded.

The prominence of radical fundamentalism and breeding like rabbits is much more a function of poverty and lack of education.

Go to northern Montana, and you'll find large families in the hills preaching christian crazy violent as well.

Take a new immigrant huntin and fishin. We all have a duty to help make the Canadians we want to see.

I think the first university was in Africa actually.

Mistagin
07-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Nah, China.
Of course, it depends on what would be classified as a university.
Even so, the first 'real' attempts to codify higher education for the purpose of educating people for public service was in China.(http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~bump/OriginUniversities.html)

According to Guinness (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/oldest-university):
The oldest existing, and continually operating educational institution in the world is the University of Karueein, founded in 859 AD in Fez, Morocco. The University of Bologna, Italy, was founded in 1088 and is the oldest one in Europe.

The Sumerians had scribal schools or É-Dub-ba soon after 3500BC.

Ericj08
07-15-2014, 04:22 PM

I have no problem with Sikhs, as a matter of fact I think people from Asia, and more specifically India are some of the most respectful people I've come across, but I still don't think it's right Canadians had to change their uniform to appease an Indian based religious belief. Nothing against the people, I just think it shouldn't have had to happen.[/QUOTE]

England, Australia, the USA, and New Zealand have all altered their law enforcement uniforms to all Sikhs to wear turbans. I'm sure there are more countries that have as well.

Matt L.
07-15-2014, 05:09 PM
I've often seriously wondered if Sikhs just avoid jobs where they have to wear hard hats or if they have a way around it. Genuinely curious.

fish gunner
07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
I believe it!

I try mr faulty, I try. I learn the good English.
I wear pants , I dont eat the neighbors , I dont steal anyones sheep or daughters. ... unless they ask. I dont use the accent to take othter mens wives. Even if the wives plead. I have dealt with my caber throwing addiction. I have not released any feral haggis And I dont attack people just for wearing blue or orange (that is a work in progress). The kilt , the broad sword and the cleaver are only worn to weddings. I try to speak using only one Rrr at a time.
I still deal with irn bru issues. I randomly heckle dummness and the English at every opportunity and love to cavort in the nettles and thistle's whilst preying to pagan deities :)
Tried Christian oil workers, the meat was stringy and had no flavor or colour. Didnt taste like chicken. No fun ,they wont get out of the truck and are easy to bash on the noggin once the silly lid gets knocked off ?? Why they wear the silly hat in the truck is beyond me It does not stop or even slow down the broad sword a wee bit.
One day I hope to be Canadian by existing on crullers, bacon and beer for a week and at some time will take up lacrosse. :sHa_shakeshout:

greylynx
07-15-2014, 06:01 PM

They just invented:

Base 10 numbers
Our alphabet

Algebra

Bessiedog.

Do you teach these statements you have made to your students?

The alphabet, the base 10 number system et al.?

People in Northern Montana are Crazy Christian Violent?

Is stuff like this in the school curriculum?

ali#1
07-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Bessiedog.

Do you teach these statements you have made to your students?

The alphabet, the base 10 number system et al.?

People in Northern Montana are Crazy Christian Violent?

Is stuff like this in the school curriculum?

Didn't the Unibomber live in northern Montana ?

greylynx
07-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Didn't the Unibomber live in northern Montana ?

Yes.

Wouldn't you if you were a bomb making terrorist on the lamb? A Harvard Educated University professor of the U of Calfornia.

Where would you go if you were like the unibomber? Sundre?

ali#1
07-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Yes.

Wouldn't you if you were a bomb making terrorist on the lamb? A Harvard Educated University professor of the U of Calfornia.

Where would you go if you were like the unibomber? Sundre?

Seems like a good place to hangout if you don't want to be noticed.

Kurt505
07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
I've often seriously wondered if Sikhs just avoid jobs where they have to wear hard hats or if they have a way around it. Genuinely curious.

Funny how they can change the Canadian mounted police uniform but still can't work on a PCL site.

bessiedog
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
I very rarely preach facts and content.
Kids are given the opportunity to find info-research that answers what are called 'essential questions'.

If I were to deal with religious fanaticism, or the Israel-palestine issue, the question they would be playing with is:
"to what extent should individuals and governments embrace nationalism'

No right or wrong answers....

Just proficient, satisfactory, limited or poor ones

Based on skill rubrics.

I don't do propaganda .... Not ethical man.

Sorry for the derail.

BTW.... Are u saying my info is wrong?

Yea alphabet is a stretch.. I'll give u that one. My goof up.

Not an insignificant influence though.