PDA

View Full Version : Some times the littlest things are the most awesome

Ken07AOVette
07-09-2014, 10:36 AM
This has happened every time we go to see my Daughter and Grandson, when we walk in the door no matter where Fletcher is or who has him, when he hears my voice or sees me he contorts himself, almost throws himself out of the arms of my daughter or wife to get to me.
Same thing when they are visiting here, when Grampa holds his best little buddy the tears stop.

I just love that. :)

wildwoods
07-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Good thread. Seeing my 5 y.o. Son really gravitating to the outdoors. He caught walleye after walleye the other day baiting and casting his own hook. My little girl crying to kiss me goodbye in the am. Coming home to a clean house and home cooked meal. I don't take these things for granted

Sooner
07-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Same here with my dad and mom when my kids were little. I seen the smiles on their faces, i suspect its the same one you have Ken.

Ken07AOVette
07-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Same here with my dad and mom when my kids were little. I seen the smiles on their faces, i suspect its the same one you have Ken.

Oh absolutely. We just love our 'little smooshie face' as grandma calls him.

silver
07-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Ah yes, the love of a child is pure. When they get a bit older then its... I will love you if you buy me this. Or older still and then its...I will love you as long as you don't screw up like last week. Ya gotta love the small ones.

Ken07AOVette
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/Fletcher/20140709_154255_zpsibk75dtm.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/KbxSrx/media/Fletcher/20140709_154255_zpsibk75dtm.jpg.html)

outlaw'd
07-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Every morning we hear " dood morning gamma" and "dood morning gampa" from the little guy. Next is "can I go outside and see Harley"(our rottie). Since both our grandson have come to stay with us, grampa's day is filled with "building things" and "exploring" with the two of them. We've acquired rabbits and ducks, built a dirt bike track around the hay field, and can't see the garage floor anymore because it's filled with their toys and projects they have on the go. Gramma is kept busy making cookies with the little one, enrolling them in activities in town, and nursing skinned knees and scratches that come from two active kids. We have a big task ahead of us but wouldn't have it any other way.

brownbomber
07-10-2014, 12:12 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/reby6uta.jpg

I know a driving baby too. Seems to be getting the hang of it.

Thinlizzy
07-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Awesome post.
I'm still a dad but when I'm a grandpa thats how I want my grandchildren to react when I come over. Cute little guy.

Kim473
07-10-2014, 04:35 AM
That just tells you Ken.
Your doing something right! Keep it up and he will always be listening to all your stories, even when your 80 and he has heard them 200 times or more. My best memories are with my grandpa.

omega50
07-10-2014, 06:11 AM
It only gets better.
My grandson is 4 and I pick him up at Daycare every Thursday.
I have to make sure there are no kids between him and I when I call out his name on the playground or they will get bowled over as he shrieks with glee and beelines for me.
The teachers get quite a kick out of it.
Mrs. Omega gets her nose a bit out of joint as he runs past her to jump into my arms.
She always asks him " What am I? Chopped liver?"