PDA

View Full Version : 'AN' Answer to bikers in the mountains

Ken07AOVette
07-09-2014, 12:07 PM
I am not saying it is THE answer, I am saying it is AN answer.

Pretty ignorant if you ask me. I have seen guys do this in open windows of vehicles, extremely stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZdDxjge5hmY

riden
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM
I have seen that before.

Super cowardly.

fish gunner
07-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Pure moron ,the lack of class is stunning. 60-80 g on a truck but still cant afford manners. :thinking-006:

averagejoe
07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm just waiting for somebody to do this and the person with a car full of exhaust either winds up driving/crashing off the road due to vision loss/coughing or tries to run the truck off the road.

_hedge_
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
deleted.

SBE2
07-09-2014, 01:15 PM
deleted.

Curious as to what good the ball bearings would be since the guy would already be passed you? Quick draw with a sling shot perhaps? Lol

ManitobaSlim
07-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Can't fix stupid.

NEWB
07-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Cooter and his cousin/brother Jethrol are a class act..

I can not imagine why someone would want to do that to people who are enjoying the outdoors...

I suppose this is further proof the gene pool needs chlorination.

brother1
07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16239890.jpg

Sooner
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Stupid, no reason to do that other than being a total jerk.

coolpete1
07-09-2014, 05:31 PM
i wish we get emmision laws here , i can't wait to flag these stupid trucks for missing smog controls.

winger7mm
07-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Stupid, no reason to do that other than being a total jerk.

I dunno, pretending to be pretty cool is a good reason too.....

backpacker
07-09-2014, 05:45 PM
5 gallons of gasoline in his tank might be in order if it happened to me.

Selkirk
07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I have seen that before.

Super cowardly.

Ditto ^

Mac

silver
07-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I dunno, pretending to be pretty cool is a good reason too.....

Maybe in your viewpoint, in mine he is a JERK. Maybe you should reconsider some of your attitudes.

Dacotensis
07-09-2014, 06:08 PM
No reason at all to do that.

Now if the bikers were riding side by side or three across like they do on rural strathcona county roads.....
Maybe.

colroggal
07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
No reason at all to do that.

Now if the bikers were riding side by side or three across like they do on rural strathcona county roads.....
Maybe.

... or on 22x, hwy8 etc. Different act same action of true hill billy dudeness as soot flatulating diesel boy. Sadly ignorance is a right. And the righteous cannot abide it for any reason. Again, something George Carlin once said about certain people and large pieces of mining equipment.

Colin.

Scotty454
07-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Rollin' coal is for the cool kids!! :rolleye2:

This is the stupidest fad I've heard of in a while. I work for an oil and gas company- I'm no environmentalist, but intentionally, excessively polluting and ****ing people off for no real reason just doesn't make sense to me. Why is it funny to some people to be a dick?

Fisherpeak
07-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Like to see him pull that on the OTHER bikers.Hells Angels,Satans Choice.....

elkhunter11
07-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Do that long enough, and someone will eventually do something to get even. One of those bikers will eventually come across that truck parked somewhere.

greylynx
07-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Especially if it is the Salmo Creston pass.

Fisherpeak
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Especially if it is the Salmo Creston pass.

No place to hide.

dodger
07-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Yep this is becoming the norm. If I have my window down and a diesel pulls up I now roll it up because they need to compensate for small @&$&@ syndrome by flooring it because their beside a 1/2 ton.

I think it's time for a crackdown on the idiots!

Dodger.

Grizzly Adams
07-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Ok, lets go back to square One. The cyclists are riding on that shoulder, illegal. Got a diesel truck that smokes when you accelerate, what are you gonna do about it ? Cyclists are taking their lives in their hands on that narrow shoulder, especially with the extra wide mirrors some trucks come with. only a matter of time before Darwin kicks in. It's a motorized vehicle road, Get over it.

Grizz

fish gunner
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Ok, lets go back to square One. The cyclists are riding on that shoulder, illegal. Got a diesel truck that smokes when you accelerate, what are you gonna do about it ? Cyclists are taking their lives in their hands on that narrow shoulder, especially with the extra wide mirrors some trucks come with. only a matter of time before Darwin kicks in. It's a motorized vehicle road, Get over it.

Grizz

The law is be aware as an when required. The truck was not smoking at any point till it reached the cyclists. Come on grizz . You cant actual endorse that level of DB .

Sneeze
07-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Ha buy a car you hippies.

Exercise can be achieved in other places that do not put you 16" away from tractor trailer units. But the selfish will prevail and more & more will create unnecessary traffic on our highways and put themselves and others at risk - in their quest to become the true hipster.

pickrel pat
07-09-2014, 07:39 PM
The new thing goin on is even worse...trucks blowing by cyclists and joggers with paintball guns out the window peppering them....real nice!

riden
07-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Grizz

What's illegal about it?

The law says they need to be as far to the right as practical and single file.

fish gunner
07-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Wierd how this proplem only exists In N/A . Maybe its level of training . personally ive never had a single issue with a 150-200 lb human on a bicycle. From the CONTROLS of a 3000lb + vehicle. maybe one should get some lessons before they get behind the controls of 7000lb + vehicle if cyclists are an scary obstacle. Could of sworn the first five pages of the hand book cover share the road :sHa_sarcasticlol:

lilsundance
07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
First off the guy is a total dirt bag. What brain cells he had he burnt up breathing that coal, Heck he gives red necks a bad name. But people who think its cool to see coal run out the exhaust from over fueling, lugging the transmission like that ( bet you has replaced the transmission since that was filmed as well as injectors ($700 ea) and maybe even an injection pump ($3000) + maybe a head gasket or 2 and maybe even a camshaft. So in the end this dirt bag has payed for his sins. Heck people like him keep people like me employed.
as for Sneeze and Grizzly Adams, they have the same right to be there as you do. You as a responsible driver have to watch out for anything that could cause an accident and avoid it. No matter if its a bicycle or a broke down vehicle pulled way over.They are not riding illegal, and from the numbers I would bet they are in either an endurance race or training for one.

riden
07-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Wierd how this proplem only exists In N/A . Maybe its level of training . personally ive never had a single issue with a 150-200 lb human on a bicycle. From the CONTROLS of a 3000lb + vehicle. maybe one should get some lessons before they get behind the controls of 7000lb + vehicle if cyclists are an scary obstacle. Could of sworn the first five pages of the hand book cover share the road :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Commuter cycling has never been big in North America. Mountain biking is big, road biking seems to be growing and people use them to commute to work. But almost nobody has a commuter style bike like this and uses it as primary transportation. It results in people thinking the road belongs to cars and trucks.

http://bicycletimesmag.com/userfiles/jamis4.jpg

fish gunner
07-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Commuter cycling has never been big in North America. Mountain biking is big, road biking seems to be growing and people use them to commute to work. But almost nobody has a commuter style bike like this and uses it as primary transportation. It results in people thinking the road belongs to cars and trucks.

http://bicycletimesmag.com/userfiles/jamis4.jpg

People are often wrong , ive got a buddy in BC been riding 12 miles one way to work in most weather since 96, that I know of . Responsible courteous use of the roads should be the norm not what this vid showed. sadly in AB the poser diesel is becoming more and more the norm .

riden
07-09-2014, 08:20 PM
People are often wrong , ive got a buddy in BC been riding 12 miles one way to work in most weather since 96, that I know of . Responsible courteous use of the roads should be the norm not what this vid showed. sadly in AB the poser diesel is becoming more and more the norm .

I started commuting to work on the bike two years ago. 20 k ride and I get the wife to drop me off in the morning and I bike home.

I ride on a rural highway, with a fairly narrow shoulder. I can't say one bad word about the people in my community.....they have been extremely courteous and respectful. I am really grateful for it.

That said, I wear really bright colours when I ride so they can see me.

huntsfurfish
07-09-2014, 09:06 PM
I have seen that before.

Super cowardly.

Me too, Truck and driver need a tune up!

sako1
07-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Pretty funny!

backpacker
07-09-2014, 09:15 PM

Exercise can be achieved in other places that do not put you 16" away from tractor trailer units. But the selfish will prevail and more & more will create unnecessary traffic on our highways and put themselves and others at risk - in their quest to become the true hipster.

Talk about self serving and arrogant!

Gade81
07-09-2014, 09:44 PM
lot of old panties in a wad here. While not nice, it is kinda funny.

Sneeze
07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Talk about self serving and arrogant!

I'm not the one slowing down hundreds of families trying to go on vacation because of some need to pedal a bike up a hill.

pickrel pat
07-09-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm not the one slowing down hundreds of families trying to go on vacation because of some need to pedal a bike up a hill.

Do you take your family on vacation by driving on the shoulder?

bb356
07-09-2014, 11:02 PM
lot of old panties in a wad here. While not nice, it is kinda funny.

:)

avb3
07-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Had to follow one of those idiots on the way to the Calgary airport today, Traffic was heavy and he kept burping his rig rocket pouring black smoke,

I was wishing him all sorts of bad things.

Proud to see most here think these guys are compensating way too much.

Matt L.
07-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Slowing down? Good grief man, how is he slowing people down when they pass him in less than a second?

fish gunner
07-10-2014, 12:17 AM

You mean like that diesel trying to climb the salmo creston , blueberry/ paulson ,the rogers dragging the tarts mobil palace lol. Yep them bikes hold up tons of families. If the driver does not know what the wand on the left of the steering wheel is lol.

brownbomber
07-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Slowing down? Good grief man, how is he slowing people down when they pass him in less than a second?

Delta bravos look for excuses. That's pretty cool dude, let's do some burnouts on main and smash peoples windows kicking rocks, they're stupid for parking there anyway.
Or
They're like trying to be all like healthy and outdoorsy, the outdoors is for muddin and tearing things up, losers.
I thought one day I would cease being amazed but....

Steven Noel
07-10-2014, 12:57 AM
It'll be really funny when for that split second you blind a cyclist, he hits a pot hole he can't see and falls into the path of the vehichle behind you. Vehicular manslaughter. Ha. Ha-ha ha.

ETOWNCANUCK
07-10-2014, 02:02 AM
Everyone needs to repect the road and share it with others...

Bicycles were around long before vehicles.....

Tactical Lever
07-10-2014, 04:42 AM
I think that you'd have to have some kind of deep rooted self esteem issues to find being a knob like that enjoyable.

I don't see how the cyclists are keeping the "driver" from getting anywhere any faster.

If they are, he should turn in his license. I'm sure there are a couple of street bikes and cars that he is probably holding up as well.

Here in Canada, we enjoy some pretty good and wide roads, and the freedom to tune our vehicles in a pretty much unlimited fashion. However, one of these morons who just don't know how to run their diesels in the right way, and use respect and their gears will unwittingly (even more unwitting, if possible) will "roll coal" on the wrong person. They might not get their comeuppance right then and their, but down the road someone will be drafting legislation on mods and pollution controls on these "coal burners".

Witness the noise law on the bikes around Edmonton, and the ones most affected are the V-twins who stand to lose the most performance and/or gain the biggest ugliest pipes as a result. Don't think that was accidental, or caused by reasonable use of performance exhaust.

I don't doubt a set of those pipes was farther away than just across the street of a council member.

last minute
07-10-2014, 05:13 AM
lot of old panties in a wad here. While not nice, it is kinda funny.I have never seen that before :lol: of course the person or person's involved knew what they were doing.

grouse_hunter
07-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Small men in a big truck. Nothing new for Alberta...

TomCanuck
07-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Quick, someone get Louise Arbour out of retirement! We have video evidence of a war crime! :bad_boys_20:

Sophomoric? Yes.

Genocide... Not so much. Maybe the time of those bent out of shape over it would be better spent shaving their legs to cut down on wind-resistance.

trouty
07-10-2014, 06:35 AM
About as cool as the tools with the big rig diesel stacks sticking out of their truck beds.

silver
07-10-2014, 07:55 AM

Not going to happen. Guys like this realize how small a pee-pee they really have. For them to pull something like this on the defenceless, the helpless, that's OK. To do something like that to a group that can and would retaliate, well gee, that would take courage and gumption.

Much better to pick on the ones that can only take it.

creeky
07-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Not going to happen. Guys like this realize how small a pee-pee they really have. For them to pull something like this on the defenceless, the helpless, that's OK. To do something like that to a group that can and would retaliate, well gee, that would take courage and gumption.

Much better to pick on the ones that can only take it.

X2-what's that saying "what go's around"--- i'd grab a beer for watching that video:)

Okotokian
07-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Man, what an ignorant, poluting jerk. And he appears to be going out of his way to harass what appears to be a charity ride like the one towards a cure for cancer.... People doing sonething good.

a-hole.

6.5 shooter
07-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Worst thing about this besides the guy? being a JERK, he probably has a "Browning " sticker in the back window.

ctd
07-10-2014, 10:28 AM
This guy is an idiot.
I will admit my truck will roll smoke some times, usually to get tailgaters to back off. It seems slowing down to let them pass only irritates them more and gets them closer.
This guy was doing this on purpose to get a "cool" video.
What he did instead is post himself being a idiot.

Okotokian
07-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Look at the video. Those aren't road racers. I suspect those people are part of a ride such as The Ride to Conquor Cancer.

Cyclists riding on the side of the road pose no unecessary traffic risk. Pull into the other lane and give them some room, or slow down. It's not difficult, except for morons with chips on their shoulders. If a person doesn't like cyclists on the shoulder, how about they pull out and take a lane? for themselves You can follow them at 5 mph until you can safey pass.

BeeGuy
07-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Could we take this opportunity to vote a couple people off the island?

Okotokian
07-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Could we take this opportunity to vote a couple people off the island?

Depends... am I one of them? LOL

Agb Crash
07-10-2014, 11:28 AM
This exact thing happened to 105th scouts on hwy 93 while doing a bicycle marathon fundraiser for the stollery hospital. I am old and fat and pedaled 230km over 3 days and personally raised $690.00. In the three days hundreds of trucks, motor homes, travel trailers and cars passed me. Only 1 #$@hat in the group. I guess there is no good reasons for bicycles on the road? Sneeze I hope your kids don't need the stollery one day. Sorry if I slowed down the traffic for 12 seconds while you were on vacation. You are on vacation relax a little.

Bushrat
07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Got a diesel truck that smokes when you accelerate, what are you gonna do about it.

Grizz
Most people would fix it. There's always idiots like him that think what they're doing is cool, and then there's the idiots that support guys like that. Sad part is they are just showing the world their psychological failings.

riden
07-10-2014, 12:55 PM
This exact thing happened to 105th scouts on hwy 93 while doing a bicycle marathon fundraiser for the stollery hospital. I am old and fat and pedaled 230km over 3 days and personally raised $690.00. In the three days hundreds of trucks, motor homes, travel trailers and cars passed me. Only 1 #$@hat in the group. I guess there is no good reasons for bicycles on the road? Sneeze I hope your kids don't need the stollery one day. Sorry if I slowed down the traffic for 12 seconds while you were on vacation. You are on vacation relax a little.

Good for you.

I gave some thought to doing the ride for Cancer Oks has been talking about. But in the end, I took the lazy route.

beansgunsghandi
07-10-2014, 01:00 PM
It's rare, but I agree with most people posting on this topic: Guy's an idiot.

fishtank
07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-purposely-making-cars-spew-black-smoke-2014-7

:scared:

Wes_G
07-10-2014, 07:07 PM

Grizz

I am also wondering where it states that riding your bike on the road is illegal?. In fact I am pretty sure that the road and designated pathways are the only place to do it.

He is intentionally doing it every time he passes someone who has the right to be there just to be a douche bag. Maybe if he got the crap beat out of him or was held down in front of his own exhaust pipe while someone hit the gas pedal, he might have a little more considerationm but probably not, like the vast majority of the guys that do this with there trucks.

gurumuka
07-10-2014, 07:19 PM
And this is why we should change the slogan on our new number plates to "REDNECK WONDERLAND"

kevinhits
07-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Grizz
Your kidding right....Just as he is passing the bikers, he accelerates...Every time in the whole video.....He is a frickin dirt bag and deserves a beating:angry3: And having the whole Crap show on Video!!!

C Taylor
07-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks to me like the biker at about 35-37 seconds, looses it an goes over the curb

NEWB
07-10-2014, 09:36 PM
I am also wondering where it states that riding your bike on the road is illegal?. In fact I am pretty sure that the road and designated pathways are the only place to do it.

He is intentionally doing it every time he passes someone who has the right to be there just to be a douche bag. Maybe if he got the crap beat out of him or was held down in front of his own exhaust pipe while someone hit the gas pedal, he might have a little more considerationm but probably not, like the vast majority of the guys that do this with there trucks.

It is not illegal to operate a bicycle on a highway or roadway. This is clearly articulated in the TSA.

It is illegal to operate a bicycle on a sidewalk.. This is clearly articulated in the TSA...

Some people should become familiar with laws before they open their mouth and let stupid fall out..

roughneckin
07-10-2014, 10:18 PM
It is not illegal to operate a bicycle on a highway or roadway. This is clearly articulated in the TSA.

It is illegal to operate a bicycle on a sidewalk.. This is clearly articulated in the TSA...

Some people should become familiar with laws before they open their mouth and let stupid fall out..

Where does he say sidewalks?? He says "designated pathways".

Why call something someone says stupid when they are right?

Elkhunt
07-10-2014, 10:22 PM
I'm comforted by the fact that the vast majority of the replies to this posting condemned the actions of this driver.

Sadly the video only shows that the occupant & driver of the truck have huge feelings of inadequacy & they must use the truck's power to compensate for their inadequacies.

Maybe someone took his plate number......

NEWB
07-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Where does he say sidewalks?? He says "designated pathways".

Why call something someone says stupid when they are right?

I did not mention designated pathways as that is pretty obvious it is legal to operate a bicycle on them...

I mentioned sidewalks as many people think a bicycle is operated legally on them when it is not...

Sometimes i guess i have to spell things out for people as reading comprehension is a skill that is lacking..

I wasn't implying the person i quoted initially was stupid.. The guy who said it was illegal to ride a bicycle on the road way is misinformed....

pickrel pat
07-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I did not mention designated pathways as that is pretty obvious it is legal to operate a bicycle on them...

I mentioned sidewalks as many people think a bicycle is operated legally on them when it is not...

Sometimes i guess i have to spell things out for people as reading comprehension is a skill that is lacking..

I wasn't implying the person i quoted initially was stupid.. The guy who said it was illegal to ride a bicycle on the road way is misinformed....

Not sure why you would have to spell it out for him, I see no spelling mistakes. This thread is not about grammar!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

roughneckin
07-10-2014, 10:34 PM

They were on a highway nowhere near a sidewalk, that was from left field. Let's just talk about something that had nothing to do with the situation at all.
And I didn't say you said the person was stupid just their comment.
As for you relating to a completely different post it is hard to tell. Thank you for spelling it out for me.

NEWB
07-10-2014, 10:43 PM
They were on a highway nowhere near a sidewalk, that was from left field. Let's just talk about something that had nothing to do with the situation at all.
And I didn't say you said the person was stupid just their comment.
As for you relating to a completely different post it is hard to tell. Thank you for spelling it out for me.

Let me try a different approach with smaller words so you can understand.....

Riding a bicycle on a highway, or on the shoulder of a highway is not illegal.

Please look up the TSA.

I am certain you understand i am talking about a highway now and not a sidewalk...

NEWB
07-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Not sure why you would have to spell it out for him, I see no spelling mistakes. This thread is not about grammar!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

You're right! It's about Neanderthals rolling coal!

Bergerboy
07-11-2014, 06:59 AM
There are terrible examples of this behavior everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAMwN11cfQ

JB_AOL
07-11-2014, 07:30 AM
http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/regu/alta-reg-304-2002/latest/alta-reg-304-2002.html#sec77subsec2

Division 4
Cycles
Rights and duties of operator
75 Unless the context otherwise requires, a person who is operating a cycle on a highway has all the rights and is subject to all the duties of a person driving a motor vehicle under Part 1 and this Part and Division 2 of Part 5 of the Act.
Restrictions re mopeds, etc.
76 A person who is under the age of 16 years and is operating a moped or power bicycle shall not carry any passengers on the moped or power bicycle.
Operation of cycle
77(1) A person who is operating a cycle on a highway
(a) shall keep both hands on the handlebars of the cycle, except when making a signal in accordance with this Regulation or shifting the gears of the cycle,
(b) shall keep both feet on the pedals or foot rests of the cycle other than when stopped,
(c) shall not ride other than on or astride a regular seat of the cycle, and
(d) shall not use the cycle to carry more persons at one time than the number for which the cycle is designed and equipped.
(2) A person who is operating a cycle, other than a motor cycle, on a highway shall operate the cycle as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway unless that person is in the process of making a left turn with the cycle.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), a person who is operating a cycle, other than a motor cycle, on a one-way highway in an urban area shall ride as near as practicable to either curb or edge of the roadway unless that person is in the process of crossing from one curb or edge of the roadway to the opposite curb or edge of the roadway.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (2), a person who is operating a cycle, other than a motorcycle, on a highway that has shoulders
(a) in the case of a highway that has paved shoulders, shall operate the cycle on the right shoulder, and
(b) in the case of a highway that does not have paved shoulders, shall operate the cycle as far to the right of the roadway as practicable,
unless that person is in the process of making a left turn.
(5) A person who is riding as a passenger on a cycle
(a) shall not ride other than on a regular seat of the cycle that is designed to be used by a passenger, and
(b) shall keep both feet on the foot rests provided for the use of the passenger riding on the seat.
Travel single file
78 A person who is operating a cycle on a highway in the same direction in the same traffic lane, except when overtaking and passing another cycle,
(a) shall not operate the cycle adjacent to another cycle travelling in the same direction, and
(b) in the case of a cycle other than a motor cycle, where more than one cycle is travelling in the near vicinity of and in the same direction as another cycle, shall operate the cycle directly in line with and to the rear or front of the other cycle.

There...

I figured since there was some serious reading comprehension (and roadway knowledge) issues happening here, I figured I'd spell it out legally for everyone.

As far as riding on sidewalks, I believe it is in the local bylaws, as I know it is illegal to ride on any sidewalk in calgary if you are over 14.

http://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Traffic/Bicycle-safety.aspx

Note that TSA doesn't mention anything about sidewalks.

Davey Boy
07-11-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm comforted by the fact that the vast majority of the replies to this posting condemned the actions of this driver.

Sadly the video only shows that the occupant & driver of the truck have huge feelings of inadequacy & they must use the truck's power to compensate for their inadequacies.

Maybe someone took his plate number......

I'm wondering if the scum bag can be located via his posting on youtube, be interesting if he got lots of emails calling him out.

Bergerboy
07-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Food for thought. I am an old person and I remember doing things in my youth that I would not do now. Burning bag of poop and ringing door bells. I wonder if the people that are complaining about this individuals actions may not have done something in their youth that would compare. When I see young people doing things that I find unsavory I do have to take a step back at times and think "Yup, at that time in my life I would have found that awesome". If you don't agree with me, that's cool. You had a boring youth.