PDA

View Full Version : I having a hard time swallowing something

angery jonn
07-10-2014, 08:15 AM
A couple days ago, there was a fellow on here posting "conspiracy theory" topics. I saw multiple people on this forum cutting him down and basically calling him a nut bar! People even went as far as judging him by his name tag. a few days into the topic being thrown around he was banned. I don't understand why he was banned? It makes zero sense to me. One of the mods told him that he had posted enough links and obviously people didn't like it. What kind of B.S. is that, there was people who didn't like it, but there was also people who did. The fellow was posting in the GENERAL SECTION, and was not promoting a company or selling anything. How could he possibly get banned for that. There was reference to posting links, is that against the rules? If thats the case, 80% of the people on this forum should be banned. Then there was a comment about how his topic wasn't related to the outdoors, again GENERAL SECTION. Now I see a guy posting about a UFO, near Edson and people are starting to flame him. Where's the punishment for the people that are ACTUALLY break the rules? Ididn't think we could flame people!

Further more, the people cutting these guys down are the same people who cry about anti-gunners not understanding their point of view and being closed minded. It truly blows my mind!

If your so against a topic and you think it's crazy, don't follow it.

I'm not a mod and I'm trying to be one, but a truly don't understand this.

1899b
07-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Its a forum of inequality and favourtism. I started a thread and all it was was a copy and paste from the Fort McMurray Today paper about an RCMP officer shooting his partner and it got deleted. A day later another member started a thread regarding the same article and its all good..... :sHa_shakeshout:

Taco
07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
its all a conspiracy no doubt

crownb
07-10-2014, 08:31 AM
A couple days ago, there was a fellow on here posting "conspiracy theory" topics. I saw multiple people on this forum cutting him down and basically calling him a nut bar! People even went as far as judging him by his name tag. a few days into the topic being thrown around he was banned. I don't understand why he was banned? It makes zero sense to me. One of the mods told him that he had posted enough links and obviously people didn't like it. What kind of B.S. is that, there was people who didn't like it, but there was also people who did. The fellow was posting in the GENERAL SECTION, and was not promoting a company or selling anything. How could he possibly get banned for that. There was reference to posting links, is that against the rules? If thats the case, 80% of the people on this forum should be banned. Then there was a comment about how his topic wasn't related to the outdoors, again GENERAL SECTION. Now I see a guy posting about a UFO, near Edson and people are starting to flame him. Where's the punishment for the people that are ACTUALLY break the rules? Ididn't think we could flame people!

Further more, the people cutting these guys down are the same people who cry about anti-gunners not understanding their point of view and being closed minded. It truly blows my mind!

If your so against a topic and you think it's crazy, don't follow it.

I'm not a mod and I'm trying to be one, but a truly don't understand this.

Who was the op?

angery jonn
07-10-2014, 08:36 AM
I believe his name was World Watcher.

Ken07AOVette
07-10-2014, 08:44 AM
And how many other names did he start the same day? What were his post banned names?

He has been here before, he will be back again.

He was fishing and filled his limit.

Anyone that joins July 9 2014 and says in a thread 'cmon guys this topic has been beaten to death a million times' is not a late joining lurker, they are someone that could not abide by the rules and were banned.

The mods know who the repeat offenders are, the IP address is the same, evern with a proxy or blocker it leads back. If they choose to give them a chance it is their choice, but invariably once an idiot always an idiot.

angery jonn
07-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Taco, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm saying it's B.S. You don't agree with a subject, fine, don't flame the guy for it. It was in the general topic section. For a group of people that expect everyone to accept their point on firearms and their rights to have them, I lot of you sure can be closed minded to others views.

wildwoods
07-10-2014, 08:47 AM
And how many other names did he start the same day? What were his post banned names?

He has been here before, he will be back again.

He was fishing and filled his limit.

Anyone that joins July 9 2014 and says in a thread 'cmon guys this topic has been beaten to death a million times' is not a late joining lurker, they are someone that could not abide by the rules and were banned.

The mods know who the repeat offenders are, the IP address is the same, evern with a proxy or blocker it leads back. If they choose to give them a chance it is their choice, but invariably once an idiot always an idiot.

That about sums it up.

Geezle
07-10-2014, 09:16 AM
That about sums it up.

Yep, if he's a previously banned member, he deserves to be banned again.

leeaspell
07-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Its a forum of inequality and favourtism. I started a thread and all it was was a copy and paste from the Fort McMurray Today paper about an RCMP officer shooting his partner and it got deleted. A day later another member started a thread regarding the same article and its all good..... :sHa_shakeshout:

I had no idea I was a favorite lol

CaberTosser
07-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Even if it weren't a repeat offender, admin had the discretion to keep out the trash who can bring down the overall tone of the board. If the place was chock full of conspiracy theorist threads and people ranting against various fictitious groups, etc, who would want to really visit the site? Its a private website, not a government office or public transit station; if the bouncers have to keep out the riff raff so be it.

Kanonfodder
07-10-2014, 09:47 AM
And people are more than welcome to start their own forum with only rules they like :) . You complainers have zero idea how much time chasing spammers, phishers, returning bannees, and thread derails take up.

As for that thread 1899 I deleted because of the wild assumptions being made and the derails weren't worth fixing the thread

chadyaz
07-10-2014, 10:10 AM
I read that thread. From what I could tell, a mod told the OP to stop posting spam emails (issued a warning), the OP didn't like what the mod told him (completely disregarded the warning), so the OP called out the mod, then the OP was banned.

I don't think his banning had anything to do with the topic. It had to do with the attitude he presented, as well as the disrespect he showed the mod, the rules, and ultimately, the forum itself.

Its pretty cut and dry. If the forum/mod/admin tell you not to do something, you do it anyways, you should expect to be banned.

1899b
07-10-2014, 10:13 AM
And people are more than welcome to start their own forum with only rules they like :) . You complainers have zero idea how much time chasing spammers, phishers, returning bannees, and thread derails take up.

As for that thread 1899 I deleted because of the wild assumptions being made and the derails weren't worth fixing the thread

I can appreciate that.... :)

Taco
07-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Taco, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm saying it's B.S. You don't agree with a subject, fine, don't flame the guy for it. It was in the general topic section. For a group of people that expect everyone to accept their point on firearms and their rights to have them, I lot of you sure can be closed minded to others views.

I was bein' a smartass john, it comes from havin' an extremely cynical view of the world and it's citizens. Same reason I posted the guy in the tinfoil hat