PDA

View Full Version : Plate Petition...Leave it or Fix It

Smokey
07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Here's the real petition.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/government-of-alberta-keep-the-old-license-plate-design

Matt L.
07-10-2014, 02:39 PM
You forgot don't give a rats arse in your poll.

Smokey
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM

So why are you here exactly? You could have scrolled over.

Im just wasting time making fun of it.

Smokey
07-10-2014, 02:53 PM

Next time Ill write I am only here for curosity, but I really dont give a crap.

Matt L.
07-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Just constructive critiscm man. A poll should have all bases covered.

kevinhits
07-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Exactly....Who cares what is on the back of my vehicle....Third world problems...The biggest issue is how much is this going to cost us now...Other than the 5 bucks they are adding to registration...I would rather see the money going to remove Redford's name on the bottom of our " Building a Better Alberta" signs....Sorry, had to say it finally.....I want to have a can of black spray paint and cover her name every sign I pass:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Full Curl Earl
07-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Any of the 3 options are fine looking, much better than the present one. Provinces need to market brands like anything else. Just seems odd it's a mountain landscape instead of a drill rig or pipe line, cuz we certainly are not about taking care of blue skies, clear streams and mountains any more. But I do like the illusion.

rugatika
07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
How about a pic of Danielle Smith, and a slogan that says "Vote Wild Rose"

unclebuck
07-10-2014, 05:56 PM
How about the Danielle picture from the original campaign bus? Makes Ali the Red look like a bloodhound!!!!

doetracks
07-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I like what they do in Montana.

You can pick a plate style either based on not giving a crap (typical state plates) or based on wishing to support a group (Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, junior hockey, etc). Wish they'd do that here.

Won't ever happen, though.

Nobody is going to stop the new plate, they are pushing it as vital for "safety".

https://doj.mt.gov/driving/plate-designs-and-fees/

kevinhits
07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I like what they do in Montana.

You can pick a plate style either based on not giving a crap (typical state plates) or based on wishing to support a group (Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, junior hockey, etc). Wish they'd do that here.

Won't ever happen, though.

Nobody is going to stop the new plate, they are pushing it as vital for "safety".

https://doj.mt.gov/driving/plate-designs-and-fees/

I have a cabin in Montana and it is a little frustrating when looking at all the different plates they have....On one hand, it is cool with all the plates, but on another hand....If there is a crime in progress...You have to be close enough to figure out the State they are from...You see an Alberta, BC, Ontario, Manitoba plate...All are the same and you can report it...:)

roper1
07-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I think it's important because it is expensive & too political. There are other issues much more serious needing gov't attention than this