PDA

View Full Version : Crown land camping near Golden

Sedativ3
07-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Hey people, Planning a rafting/camping trip this weekend in golden. We are hopefully going to be able to camp in Yoho, at one of the pay campsites. Just wondering if any of you know of any good crown land spots near golden that we can use as a backup in case the campgrounds are full. Ive heard Cedar lake is a spot but cant seem to find any details of whats crown land and whats not. Any help would be appreciated!

Divert
07-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I found a great book called "camp free in BC". Tells you about campsites that are either free or very cheap that are not well known at all. Has great directions on finding them and what you can get in there with (trailer motorhome etc). They are all 2wd accessible.

Knot Rite
07-10-2014, 10:01 PM
I lived there in the Columbia Valley a few years and did some white water down the kicking horse, not once, but two years and raft got caught up in an in eddie under a fall and wife goes out of raft and she got banged up a little but that ended her white water adventure. There were a lot of category 4's and some 5's but they gave you the opportunity to get out b4 the 5 as the kicking horse made a hook.
As far as camping goes there is all kinds of wildness in the Columbia valley between golden and radium. The Purcell Mt. range has wilderness kabins available and I've been up to Mc Murdo (sp) and that is true wilderness and towards radium the Bugaboos are kewl for the serious outdoors folks too. Enjoy.

Bobby