PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from Smartbuyglasses.ca??

molly
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
I just received my Ray Ban sunglasses today; decided to be brave and have hubby measure the PD, and save a bunch of money. Very fast, seem OK, but the arms are longer than my old Ray Bans. I called but they want you to send them an email and they will call back. I hope they do...They were couriered from Hong Kong...no wonder they came in at such a low price.
Now I am paranoid that maybe I picked some crooked scam outfit, haha!

Please, someone tell me they have used these guys and had no problems!

Flieguy
07-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Who cares??

they've got the ray ban logo

they block the sun

I wouldn't feel bad if they were ripping off Ray Ban, I'm sure Ray Ban has enough money.

I usually buy my sunglasses on ebay from china. Usually free shipping and I can get a decent polarized pair for $20

molly
07-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Who cares??

they've got the ray ban logo

they block the sun

I wouldn't feel bad if they were ripping off Ray Ban, I'm sure Ray Ban has enough money.

I usually buy my sunglasses on ebay from china. Usually free shipping and I can get a decent polarized pair for $20

I always get worried if I have trouble contacting a company...That said, I have now done some research, including finding detailed videos on how to spot a fake RayBan Wayfarer. It looks like I have the real thing, which is great. I am hoping I can just get the arms adjusted at an optical shop like Costco or somewhere. However, I think I will go to my ophthalmologist and have them double-check the prescription. :)

Weedy1
07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
That said, I have now done some research, including finding detailed videos on how to spot a fake RayBan Wayfarer. It looks like I have the real thing, which is great. :)

Are you getting the band back together?

molly
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Are you getting the band back together?

Nah. I think the other guys all died...:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Actually, I have been wearing Wayfarers for about 25 years. These ones have tortoise shell frames, the biggest green tinted lenses. Very cool. :)

Grizzly Adams
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I don't see where you have a problem. Got your glasses at a great deal and you can adjust the arms so what are you complaining about ? I've dealt with Zenni Optical a number of times, same kind of deal and I've always had excellent service. Order is placed in California and glasses come right from Hong Kong. Just ordered a titanium framed set of progressive bi-focals. 86. to my door.

Grizz

Sundancefisher
07-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Not all sunglasses block uv.

Maybe you can test them somehow. Otherwise clearly contact made my glasses. 2 years and no problems.