PDA

View Full Version : Buy Sell forum- sold items

Pixel Shooter
07-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Kind request- would be greatly appreciated for those who use the buysell that when an item sells to mark it SOLD or Pls Delete in title . The only way we can identify to remove without reading every single post which is beyond painful!.

YES if you are on phone you cannot edit, BUT you can use "report post" and ask for removal of thread due to sale or take the time when you are on computer to do it properly.

I just deleted 747 posts in past 5 weeks and OVER half were NOT identified in the thread title. not doing that one again! Your help would be appreciated so it is a better experience for you when searching and reviewing items please and thank you

Cement Bench
07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I mean this in the most respectful way

why do you not ban them for a couple of weeks that will smarten them up

Cement Bench

338ultra
07-12-2014, 11:58 AM
how do i mark it sold i cant find edit

uglyelk
07-12-2014, 12:01 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=120340

338ultra
07-12-2014, 12:03 PM
thx

CaberTosser
07-12-2014, 02:02 PM
I sent a fellow a PM trying to be helpful on just this subject, he had posted 'sold' as his update, which only served to bump the thread and take up classifieds space of items actually still for sale. The guy responded with an obnoxious tirade and became #2 on my ignore list. You can lead a horse to water......:thinking-006:

MadMarty911
07-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Seems a little harsh cement bench. If the forum was more user friendly on mobile devices, that would be a more productive step in this issue.

Cement Bench
07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Seems a little harsh cement bench. If the forum was more user friendly on mobile devices, that would be a more productive step in this issue.

you are probably right just a thought for those who do not post at all and just try to sell stuff

cement bench

coreya3212
07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
I sent a fellow a PM trying to be helpful on just this subject, he had posted 'sold' as his update, which only served to bump the thread and take up classifieds space of items actually still for sale. The guy responded with an obnoxious tirade and became #2 on my ignore list. You can lead a horse to water......:thinking-006:

Please take me off the list. It's nice to be number one and all but really...

colroggal
07-12-2014, 08:24 PM

X2. Sorry mods. I can't use the search function on my android for some reason - just one example. And in the two months I've been a member of the forum the only time I have to look at the forum is when I'm away from my computer. It makes those ' if you would just search previous thread' responses all that much more bothersome.

I can still tear down a quadrajet and rebuild it without a manual but I get brain farts when it comes to this inter-web thingy. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:)

Colin.

Yes, my fist computer had a crank handle and a turbo button. It also preferred leaded gasoline, clubbed baby seals and liked its vegetarians blue rare.

Dacotensis
07-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Report post feature works well for those on their phone.
I do it regularly for my stuff.
I also report posts without a price or location :scared0018

The buy and sell feature is a nice part of the AO forum.
I would spend way more time outside without the feature in AO :)

Make it easy for the mods guys!
Report your own post or edit on computer.

FAT POSSUM
07-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Would the forum make you wait another three days to edit your title if you had just made a change? I, like others, am just not the most computer savvy guy. I dont even see a "report post" button

FAT POSSUM
07-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Would the forum make you wait another three days to edit your title if you had just made a change? Such as bumping it to the top. I, like others, am just not the most computer savvy guy. I dont even see a "report post" button

Dacotensis
07-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Would the forum make you wait another three days to edit your title if you had just made a change? Such as bumping it to the top. I, like others, am just not the most computer savvy guy. I dont even see a "report post" button

Read your post. It was number 14. This should be number 15.
The count is in the right corner.
There is a "report" button right beside those numbers.

You been here 5 years bud.....
Maybe it's time you caught up.

FAT POSSUM
07-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Still learning. Got a busy life. Sometimes its hard to get the time to do things just right. However, this was a very useful thread that gave me a few pointers. Continuous improvement.:sHa_shakeshout:

Pixel Shooter
07-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Btt

Scotty454
07-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Kind request- would be greatly appreciated for those who use the buysell that when an item sells to mark it SOLD or Pls Delete in title . The only way we can identify to remove without reading every single post which is beyond painful!.

YES if you are on phone you cannot edit, BUT you can use "report post" and ask for removal of thread due to sale or take the time when you are on computer to do it properly.

I just deleted 747 posts in past 5 weeks and OVER half were NOT identified in the thread title. not doing that one again! Your help would be appreciated so it is a better experience for you when searching and reviewing items please and thank you

This was one thing I was curious about. I've edited all of my (Usually WTB) posts on my home PC after finding what it is I was looking for, but found out that "double clicking" on my phone isn't quite as effective (Haha zooming in was not the desired outcome). Thanks for the clarification on this!

(Incidentally, I also can't use the search function on my Android)

Scotty454
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM

No, as far as I know. A title edit doesn't bring the post up to the front page, and as such, doesn't require a waiting period.

Pixel Shooter
07-14-2014, 02:13 PM
bump

CBintheNorth
07-14-2014, 02:57 PM
This was one thing I was curious about. I've edited all of my (Usually WTB) posts on my home PC after finding what it is I was looking for, but found out that "double clicking" on my phone isn't quite as effective (Haha zooming in was not the desired outcome). Thanks for the clarification on this!

(Incidentally, I also can't use the search function on my Android)

Normal search doesn't work but try advanced search. Works for me on my android.

Geezle
07-14-2014, 02:59 PM

X2

Scotty454
07-14-2014, 03:32 PM

Works!:sHa_shakeshout: