PDA

View Full Version : datsun truck question

waterninja
07-12-2014, 12:16 PM
anybody remember the datsun truck? i picked up a nice little utitlity trailer made from the box of a datsun truck. was curious if there is any way to tell what year it is. i like to think it is the "bushmaster" model made in the 80's (name sounds cool lol). is there a vin# somewhere on the box or undercarrige? perhaps the pic. showing the tailights could identify it? couple guys i showed it to never even heard of datsun. pretty rare trailer i'm thinking. wonder how long before someone steals it.
it's all good in the hood.

buckmaster
07-12-2014, 12:25 PM
looks like a 1970 datsun

omega50
07-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I had a Datsun pick up. Back when they had 4 spark plugs on the intake and 4 on the exhaust.
Split distributor with a double offset rotor. Even a small amount of carbon tracking and everything would fire at once:sHa_shakeshout:
Not sure the year of yours though. Tail lights used to have a year on them back in the day if those are original

Bushrat
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM
couple guys i showed it to never even heard of datsun. pretty rare trailer i'm thinking.

Datsun = Nissan. They were good little trucks in their day, but like most jap vehicles of that era, there are few survivors as they rusted out so fast. I agree with Buckmaster it's a 69 or 70 or thereabouts.

saddleup
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
I have what appears to be the exact same trailer, I know the box came off a 70 Datsun truck. Sure can carry a lot of weight with that little unit. I cut mine off the truck so made my own ser no. back in the day and registered it. That has to be 30 years ago:):)

pikergolf
07-12-2014, 04:02 PM
My first vehicle was a 66 Datsun pickup. 1300cc's of pure fun!!!