PDA

View Full Version : Travel trailer rental??

molly
07-13-2014, 09:26 AM
So, I was thinking it might be nice to see how the other half travels and rent a nice, newer trailer for a few days, later in the season. It would have to be dog friendly and a fifth wheel...Is anyone on here in the business? Any recommendations? Close to Calgary would be best for pickup...Thanks! :)

omega50
07-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Used to be a guy on the West side of the Highway 22 North of Hartell in the mid-late 90's that would rent out pretty much every toy he owned.
I rented his boat, motor and trailer. His rototiller every spring. He also had a 5th wheel, wall tents, truck and camper.
Nothing there was new or fancy

stubblejumper01
07-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Try Frazerway RV in Airdrie. I m pretty sure they rent motor homes and truck campers. They may rent travel trailers too.
Also I believe Canadream rent RVs also not sure where they are but Google will probably find them

molly
07-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Try Frazerway RV in Airdrie. I m pretty sure they rent motor homes and truck campers. They may rent travel trailers too.
Also I believe Canadream rent RVs also not sure where they are but Google will probably find them

Thanks very much; I know about those guys and was hoping to hear some user reviews! Canadream does not take pets and we would prefer a fifth wheel so we can park it and use the truck to explore with...:) Fraserway just rents motorhomes also.

Ice Fishing Maniac
07-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Fifth wheel hitch will cost you some $$$$. Why go to that investment on a rental?

Scotty454
07-14-2014, 01:19 AM
You can easily unhook a bumper pull trailer and use the truck... No 5th wheel hitch to worry about either. Unless your only options would be 5th wheel or motor home

molly
07-14-2014, 07:27 AM
We have a fifth wheel hitch already installed, and own an old small fifth wheel which has a few issues. I thought it would be fun to rent a really nice one for a treat. The Hublet wants a fifth wheel as he prefers towing those. I will keep looking, thanks. Just was hoping someone had some referrals.

rosh
07-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Try affordable RV. Great guys, talk to Dale or Neil(owner).

molly
07-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Try affordable RV. Great guys, talk to Dale or Neil(owner).

Thank you...Just checked it out. No pets, as usual.
A one week minimum also which will work for some folks but not us!
At least maybe some others who want to do this will have some options!