PDA

View Full Version : Help! Smoker not heating, trout ready to smoke

Nova
07-13-2014, 02:13 PM
I just got back from a fishing trip, caught my first laker and rainbow. Bought a pack of Original Wild West trout cure, had the fix soaking in it over night. Have the fillets out on the counter now ready to go and noticed my bradley digital isn't heating. Am I able to cold smoke these and then finish them in the oven or is there anything else you guys could recommend?

fish gunner
07-13-2014, 02:18 PM
I just got back from a fishing trip, caught my first laker and rainbow. Bought a pack of Original Wild West trout cure, had the fix soaking in it over night. Have the fillets out on the counter now ready to go and noticed my bradley digital isn't heating. Am I able to cold smoke these and then finish them in the oven or is there anything else you guys could recommend?

Location ?? Run to wally mart get small single hot plate 15 $ place in smoker with medium dampened double wraped in tin foil . Presto smoker smokin.

Red Bullets
07-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Cold smoke requires more time to penetrate.

You might want to do it in your bbq. You can add smoke to your BBQ.

Nova
07-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Cold smoke requires more time to penetrate.

You might want to do it in your bbq. You can add smoke to your BBQ.

Time isn't a huge deal, don't need them done for supper or anything like that. I've had them on ice the last 5 days so I figure I should get them cooked sooner rather than later though.

wwbirds
07-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Power plug where it goes into Bradley may not be tightly inserted so not making a good connection. I was getting no heat a few years ago and when I pressed all the cords into place it started working.

Nova
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Triple checked cord connections already.

I could also do more trouble shooting and make a run into Regina tomorrow if somebody like Cabelas or Wholesale has a replacement element *if* returning the fillets to the fridge would be fine. Never brined/smoked trout before (just bacon wrapped perch).