PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Help!

AlbertaCutthroat
07-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Hello, new member here/ long time follower posting for a fellow hunter/ fisherman who just had his truck stolen in Edmonton on the way back from camping around Cadomin. They watched it disappear around an hour ago.

It is a white 2001 f350 diesel truck

Aand was taken from the bonnydune mall in Edmonton south of rexall. They almost caught him in the act but he managed to take off with it. If you see the truck, please call the police immediately. It has the lights above the windshield, and an old aluminum toolbox in the back, not exactly a common truck anymore. We have cars driving around looking for the guy right now, just thought asking on here cant hurt. Lots of sentimental value in this truck, as well as many of the contents they took off with. Thanks.

FishingMOM
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
hope your buddy gets his truck back

waterninja
07-13-2014, 10:12 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck. never know, maybe you'll get a pic. of it in a few weeks along with a photo radar or red light ticket.

AlbertaCutthroat
07-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks. Pretty frustrating day yesterday, every time anyone I know goes near that city stuff gets stolen, vandalized, or smashed. No word on the truck but the police seem to think it may show up when it runs out of diesel. Would like to take a baseball bat to the scum.

4thredneck
07-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks. Pretty frustrating day yesterday, every time anyone I know goes near that city stuff gets stolen, vandalized, or smashed. No word on the truck but the police seem to think it may show up when it runs out of diesel. Would like to take a baseball bat to the scum.

That's some pretty bad luck, I go to the city quite often and have never had anything stolen, vandalized or smashed. I'd like to know where the people you know hang out so I don't make the mistake of going to those areas.

AlbertaCutthroat
07-14-2014, 08:56 AM
The truck was south or Rexall when stolen, they were eating lunch at the mall. My brothers car windows were smashed out at least 4 times in 2 years in the city, downtown by the government building a few times, once in Mill Woods in front of a friends house (I understand that is a terribly sketchy part of the city) and another time in a church parking lot. Never was anything expensive taken as he had the car empty, they took things like a screwdriver, a Bible, and booster cables. As far as I can tell, there's just lots of sketchy activity around. We had a few instances around the boat launch by the wastewater plant a few years back as well where things vanished, were crashed into, or we came across people trying to get into the topper. Crime happens everywhere, we just seem to be getting a bad round of it over the past couple years.

AlbertaCutthroat
07-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Well, just wanted to say thanks to anyone who kept their eyes open as the truck has been located. No word yet on whats damaged/ missing but at least it's been found. Stay safe if you travel to Edmonton and hope you don't get cleaned out. Apparently there are about 10 vehicle thefts a day in the city, pretty high number of criminals running around. Have a great weekend everybody.

Lildog
07-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Would like to take a baseball bat to the scum.

I did. Aint worth it.

Megan
07-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Yikes :(

Xiph0id
07-19-2014, 06:13 PM
I did. Aint worth it.

Tell us more!

Lildog
07-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Naw, don't want to get into it. Long story short caught some punk jacking my stereo out of my truck and instead of running he went for me so I let him have it with a baseball bat I had. When the **** bag saw the cops coming he went from trying to kick my ass to laying on the ground covering his head and hollering for me to stop. Got charged with assault and beat it but it went on and on and cost a lot.

But he never got my stereo!