PDA

View Full Version : Went guiding on Calling Lake this weekend...

Mayhem
07-13-2014, 09:28 PM
My kids aren't really into fishing so when they asked if we could go this weekend I jumped at the chance. In past trips they have spent 2 maybe 3 hours of actual fishing time in a day combined with other things they brought along to keep themselves busy. This time was quite a bit different. I was surprised as they both fished almost non-stop for 7 hours. This is where the guiding part come in. Between netting/unhooking, keeping hooks baited, untangling lines, keeping them on fish, food, drinks etc. kept me busy and the day just flew by. My reward, they caught a lot of decent fish and had a great day outdoors, something they haven"t done in a while.

Fish are starting to disperse throughout the lake and it payed to move around. Lots of different year classes caught, mostly on leaches. Spoons were also working well.

Game Hunter
07-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Good stuff. Ya we had to move around alot a few weeks ago at calling. But I guess I wouldn't of caught a 10 lb pike had I stayed in the few common walleye locations. My kids are young and very hard to keep settled fishing a whole day. Good to know they might turn into great fishing partners in the future.
Congrats on your fun day out :)