PDA

View Full Version : calgary stampede nubie

waterninja
07-13-2014, 09:52 PM
i was working on my truck camper today while watching the world cup final (congrats germany) in my shop. Left the t.v. on and they were showing the finals of all the events at the Calgary stampede. Have to admit that in all the years that i've gone to the stampede and all the times i could have watched the events on t.v, this was the first time I really paid attention to the rodeo events. What a pleasent surprise. I found it very exciteing and entertaining and ended up watching every event right to the last chuckwagon race. I thought it was a great show, and the canadian men and women did themselves proud (including some albertans).
also could not believe the prise money that was awarded. Think i'll check it out live next year.

roper1
07-13-2014, 09:55 PM
One he'll of a show & a true representation of the cowboy spirit. Pay your own way, pay your own fees, man against beast.

catnthehat
07-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Apparently some humane society want to ban steer wrestling because one had to be put down due to neck injuries.
I guess we should all quit eating meat as well, domestic and wild!:thinking-006:
Cat

colt45
07-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to Kurt Bensmiller from Dewberry for winning the dash for cash 100 thousand bucks

FallAirFever
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Congratulations to Kurt Bensmiller from Dewberry for winning the dash for cash 100 thousand bucks

X2. Great chuckwagon family! About 20 years ago I spent a couple summers following the Bensmillers around my dad was a sponsor. That was when Buddy raced in the CPCA. Lots of fun, great people. I was screaming at the tv tonight right from the horn to the finish.
Huge congrats to Kurt!

calgarychef
07-14-2014, 12:00 AM
If yu haven't seen the rodeo all you've done is go to a fair.

ladyjig
07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Canadians really did us proud this year. Thanks keep up the good work. Awesome finals showdown.