PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak

pickrel pat
07-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Pretty decent show on discovery right now, about bear camp.

Mulehahn
07-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Caught the last half. I was happy to see a show actually airing the kill on mainstream media. But couldnt really tell how close that bear was. Didn't look that close to me. But a jam is scary non the less

ex811
07-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Watched both episodes so far. Even for a Reality show with the required amount of drama, it was well worth watching.
The Discovery channel also airs MeatHunter. Another Hunting reality show, this one about a guy who pretty much hunts like most of us...enjoyment of the hunt and consuming your kill. The host is pretty likeable cause he's a normal everyday sort of guy simply enjoying the hunt, done with respect to the game and with table fare as an end result.
A nice change from most of the redneck c---p and endless advertising seen on WildTV nowadays.

ManitobaSlim
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Watched both episodes so far. Even for a Reality show with the required amount of drama, it was well worth watching.
The Discovery channel also airs MeatHunter. Another Hunting reality show, this one about a guy who pretty much hunts like most of us...enjoyment of the hunt and consuming your kill. The host is pretty likeable cause he's a normal everyday sort of guy simply enjoying the hunt, done with respect to the game and with table fare as an end result.
A nice change from most of the redneck c---p and endless advertising seen on WildTV nowadays.

Never heard of Meat Hunter. By any chance are you thinking of Meat Eater? Meat Eater is my favourite show. The host Steven Rinella is a great author and hunter.

bison
07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Yep decent show :snapoutofit:
3 guys going to get fire wood with a boat on an other island( like there's no wood around their cabin eh) only to get their saw stuck in a branch and like most common idiots with no brains just rips the chain apart.:rolleye2:
Gun conveniently jamming on a(staged) critical moment:rolleye2:

Same BS show like the the rest of them. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
Fill between the commercials.

dumoulin
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
IMO, any show that does a good job teaching the less fortunate about hunting, fishing and the outdoors are better than the alternative: Yoga for the Flatulant, Trailer Park Tiaras or Cooking Tofu!

HunterDave
07-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I watched the tail end of the first show and all of the second. Once I got over it being scripted and the "actors" coached on what to say, I liked it. It'd probably get a little boring if they didn't jazz it up a bit with a story line. The charging grizzly wasn't scripted though.....I'll watch it again.

pickrel pat
07-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Yep decent show :snapoutofit:
3 guys going to get fire wood with a boat on an other island( like there's no wood around their cabin eh) only to get their saw stuck in a branch and like most common idiots with no brains just rips the chain apart.:rolleye2:
Gun conveniently jamming on a(staged) critical moment:rolleye2:

Same BS show like the the rest of them. :sHa_sarcasticlol:
Fill between the commercials.

I guess you'll be tuning back in to oprah then. Of course all these shows are scripted. :thinking-006:

Zulu9er
07-14-2014, 12:54 PM
IMO, any show that does a good job teaching the less fortunate about hunting, fishing and the outdoors are better than the alternative: Yoga for the Flatulant, Trailer Park Tiaras or Cooking Tofu!

LMAO!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

leadpillproductions
07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Pretty decent show , the gun jamming well that's what you get for not lookin after or sighting your own gun in . The old man kids sighted in , I for one don't trust anyone to sight in clean ect . But it was nice to see a decent reality show

norwestalta
07-14-2014, 05:43 PM
The guy's daughter's are easy on the eyes. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Kurt505
07-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't understand why people would complain about this show, or any other program of its type, same with complaining about Wild TV. It wasn't that long ago that this type of programming was almost non existent.

When given the option, I'll watch this stuff over 90% of the other programming there is on TV today.