PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge Area- Suggestions please!

mgmoreau08
07-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Hi,
We are looking for nice family areas within 30 minutes of Lethbridge that would be good for beginners. We would prefer to fish some trout!
Anyone have any nice spots that would be good for all ages of the family to be around?

AlbertaCutthroat
07-14-2014, 08:07 AM
That close doesn't give you many options, the stocked lakes are your only bet but they are weedy and warm already. They are listed in the reg book. Nicolas Sheran may be your best bet as its easy to find on the west side.

AdAMxr
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
It's been a while since I've lived in lethbridge but Nicholas Sharon on the west side used to have browns. Park lake is close but it has pike. I don't think there is any more trout lakes within a half hour. Check the stocking reports and compare then with Barry Mitchell's guide for distance!

Scott N
07-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Not sure if it's still stocked, but Lake McQuillan used to be a good spot for beginners. I haven't been there for 20+ years though, and I think some people used to call it the Coaldale Trout Pond.

Kenex Trout Pond also used to have trout, but not sure if it's status either. I'd probably drive the extra distance and go to Beaver Mines Lake, Beauvais Lake, or Lees Lake out near Pincher Creek.

hacman
07-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Not sure if it's still stocked, but Lake McQuillan used to be a good spot for beginners. I haven't been there for 20+ years though, and I think some people used to call it the Coaldale Trout Pond.

Kenex Trout Pond also used to have trout, but not sure if it's status either. I'd probably drive the extra distance and go to Beaver Mines Lake, Beauvais Lake, or Lees Lake out near Pincher Creek.

Definitely agree on the drive out to the mountains to any of those lakes. Could try McVinnie (by Picture Butte) recently stocked, haven't fished there myself but have heard people are doing well out there from the shore. Enchant would also be good place for the kids.

norcodh
07-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I've never been myself but a few people at work with kids like gold springs rec area by milk river stocked trout pond, beach etc. I do know beauvais would definitely be kid friendly even a playground few yards away from the lake

Walleye1114
07-14-2014, 07:33 PM
There is Mcvinnes out by picture butte, good for kids and family, lots of small trout