PDA

View Full Version : Fishing results from Cold Lake

Rig_man
07-14-2014, 06:42 AM
It was a blast the last 2-1/2 days me and my son fished up at Cold Lake. We were after Lake Trout and looking to take home a keeper each. The end result was 84 fish and not one keeper that truly says that the regulations being 1 fish at 75cm needs to change and maybe look at doing a slot size.

saskfly
07-14-2014, 01:27 PM
84 fish and not one keeper that truly says that the regulations being 1 fish at 75cm needs to change and maybe look at doing a slot size.

You said it! Lake gets absolutely pounded and the number of fish over 75cm seems to be dropping off. Now I am sure some Goomba is gonna say otherwise but Angler pressure isn't going down...Big ones should be left alone...

Walleye101
07-14-2014, 01:33 PM
You can always target a healthy population of Jumbo Perch there.

saskfly
07-14-2014, 01:37 PM
You can always target a healthy population of Jumbo Perch there.

Awesome...

Pinhead
07-14-2014, 04:02 PM
The fish biologist (idiots) seem to think killing all the big fish, whether walleye or lake trout or pike etc., is the way to go. VERY few other areas do this, because they would rather have fish. Wake up ESRD!!

CBintheNorth
07-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Actually ESRD and local stake holders wanted to put Lakers on a tag system there much like our walleye. Saskatchewan was the problem, they didn't like the idea.
I think it would have been a great way to properly manage a very heavily fished lake.
The lynch mob will have to blame someone else this time.

Northern Yaker
07-15-2014, 06:02 AM
I like how the OP had great fishing and then complains because he can't take home a laker that's 75cm or bigger and than says we need a slot size...

Do you want a slot size?? Or do you want to take home the big lakers ??( which need to stay in the lake IMHO) pretty unclear.

deercamp
07-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Need to change your approach and you will catch bigger fish. Keep moving around , get out of the small ones. Buddy and I had numerous large fish on and off boat with biggest over 20lbs.

58thecat
07-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Need to change your approach and you will catch bigger fish. Keep moving around , get out of the small ones. Buddy and I had numerous large fish on and off boat with biggest over 20lbs.

Yep you got to keep at it and move around the keepers are there but you might have to work at it, either way catch and release is fun too and sounds like you had a lot of fun.