PDA

View Full Version : First time out

Cory1
07-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Planning on taking a friend out fishing for the first time tomorrow,

She's never held a rod before so casting will be fun until she gets the hang of it.

Was thinking of going to PCR dock, I've heard it's good for beginners as you don't nevessarily need to cast well to catch a fish. Only concern is it might be busy and I don't want to cause any trouble.

Can anyone speak to how busy it typically is on a Friday morning?

Welcome to other suggestions as well, but this was the first that jumped to my mind if I want to ensure she catches a fish.

Thanks!
Cory

Battery
07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Planning on taking a friend out fishing for the first time tomorrow,

She's never held a rod before so casting will be fun until she gets the hang of it.

Was thinking of going to PCR dock, I've heard it's good for beginners as you don't nevessarily need to cast well to catch a fish. Only concern is it might be busy and I don't want to cause any trouble.

Can anyone speak to how busy it typically is on a Friday morning?

Welcome to other suggestions as well, but this was the first that jumped to my mind if I want to ensure she catches a fish.

Thanks!
Cory

We caught over 100 each at PCR last weekend. Dont go on the dock. Park to the left in the parking lot once you pass the bridge and follow the path straight down the side of the hill and fish in the cove. Bring a chair, some drinks and enjoy the non stop action. We actually got bored from catching too many fish too easily haha

Kokanee9
07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
It may not be a bad idea to wear safety glasses when your around someone that's casting for the first time.

Cory1
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM
It may not be a bad idea to wear safety glasses when your around someone that's casting for the first time.

Haha I think safety glasses might scare them off, sunglasses and a 10 foot radius might do the trick though!

Cory1
07-17-2014, 03:03 PM
We caught over 100 each at PCR last weekend. Dont go on the dock. Park to the left in the parking lot once you pass the bridge and follow the path straight down the side of the hill and fish in the cove. Bring a chair, some drinks and enjoy the non stop action. We actually got bored from catching too many fish too easily haha

I agree, just wanted to make sure that if she had any problems we could just toss it of the side of the dock

BeeGuy
07-17-2014, 07:00 PM
set her up on the dock with a slip float adjusted to a foot off the bottom with a 1/4oz jig.

put a small piece of minnow on the jig

shouldnt be too busy on a friday morning

fun times for the noobs!