PDA

View Full Version : Red deer lots of goldeye

Thundercatcher
07-17-2014, 09:34 PM
For some reason I can only catch goldeye in the Rdr. Can anyone help? I fish at three mile bend

fish gunner
07-17-2014, 09:41 PM
For some reason I can only catch goldeye in the Rdr. Can anyone help? I fish at three mile bend

Try slower presentation , closer to bottom should bring walleye or sauger. A larger presentation ie big rapalas or spoons should bring pike. Hope that helps. It can be tough to get thru the gold eye when there is lots around.

HookedOnKokanee
07-18-2014, 08:58 AM
I am actually trying to target Goldeye, but I am ashamed to admit that I have been skunked, so far this year! Where at three mile bend (I have been there) and what are:angry3: your secrets? cheers .... doyle ...

BeardedOnion
07-18-2014, 09:09 AM
I am actually trying to target Goldeye, but I am ashamed to admit that I have been skunked, so far this year! Where at three mile bend (I have been there) and what are:angry3: your secrets? cheers .... doyle ...

Once I've found them, small to medium sized gold or silver mepps spinners work great.

pikekid
07-18-2014, 03:11 PM
If the water is murky or starting to get clear

Murky = I use small crankbaits cause of the rattle and fish like since they could eat small minnow

Start to get clear = I use a medium or small blue fox spinner w/blur spinner with green dots, orange body, bright color feathers.

I cast with the current then reel slow once you hit the slow back water pool but some of them will hide under the tree so cast a couple times and they will sure bite, I got half the limit the other day using small to medium lures.

Do you guys fish out on the river the by the stairway?