PDA

View Full Version : battle lk

binnzer32
07-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Going fishing to battle lake. ..... I don't care about weather. . Anyone want to come text me... I got boat and all gear. 780 713 1514

Lund rebel
07-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Curious how you made out I was almost on my way out there yesterday but trip canceled last minute.

oilngas
07-20-2014, 05:00 PM
be very careful of the boat launch, it was terrible w few years ago, I don't know if they fixed it up or not!!

chriscosta
07-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Boat launch seemed fine and the fishing was good in the right spots and dead in others ...im willing to trade my walleye n jack spots if someone wants to gimme a good whitefish spot lol

lnjr
07-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Heading to keeley on Wednesday . Haven't been there for 15yrs I'm looking forward to it.

Deano
07-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Battle is a great Lake!! Find 12-16 feet of water and troll with a 5 of Diamonds pattern Canadian Wiggler and you will have very good success for both Walleye and Pike. I just spent a week camping there and I was very happy to find so many smaller walleye this trip. Still plenty of 5+ pounders but I have never found as many small ones as I did on this trip.

binnzer32
07-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Gotta go in far to launch boat. I have a 19 foot with 115 and its fine... my trucks got 33s and Lifted a touch and water is up Just over my running boards. .. its all concrete slabs though. .. I can't catch the Damn whites either Chris Costa. . I think you need calm clear water, a canoe, a fly rod.....

binnzer32
07-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Battle is a great Lake!! Find 12-16 feet of water and troll with a 5 of Diamonds pattern Canadian Wiggler and you will have very good success for both Walleye and Pike. I just spent a week camping there and I was very happy to find so many smaller walleye this trip. Still plenty of 5+ pounders but I have never found as many small ones as I did on this trip.

I agree I caught loads of small walleye yesterday.. we got over 100 fish

chriscosta
07-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Gotta go in far to launch boat. I have a 19 foot with 115 and its fine... my trucks got 33s and Lifted a touch and water is up Just over my running boards. .. its all concrete slabs though. .. I can't catch the Damn whites either Chris Costa. . I think you need calm clear water, a canoe, a fly rod.....

Hmmm perhaps ill bring my flyrod there n see for myself

Lund rebel
07-21-2014, 06:26 AM
I can't catch the Damn whites either Chris Costa. . I think you need calm clear water, a canoe, a fly rod.....

See now you got it all wrong, you gotta tie on the biggest hook you can find at the store and troll about 10-15 mph you will get them lol

Maybe try to contact speckle I don't think he has fished that lake but seems to know where to locate them and catches a large number weekly at other lakes. I do believe its all on the fly.

binnzer32
07-21-2014, 06:35 AM
See now you got it all wrong, you gotta tie on the biggest hook you can find at the store and troll about 10-15 mph you will get them lol

Maybe try to contact speckle I don't think he has fished that lake but seems to know where to locate them and catches a large number weekly at other lakes. I do believe its all on the fly.

Oh I can find them. ... just can't catch them. Winter no problems

chriscosta
07-21-2014, 07:42 AM
If I could find en in 10 fow or less I think id get em

binnzer32
07-21-2014, 07:53 AM
If I could find en in 10 fow or less I think id get em

They spook very easily. .. just drive shoreline you find them surfacing when its calm. ... I can always find them but can't catch. I cast wireless and flies on floats. I think they are spooked