PDA

View Full Version : Wabumum Misshap...

Og Dumi
07-20-2014, 10:05 AM
So here's a story you all can get a good laugh at..
Yesterday at wab me and a buddy were fishing from a canoe, (had all our gear inside) when I hooked a pike, for someone reason we both leaned to the left and let's just say down we went... Once in the water the canoe started filling quickly and started sinking we scrambled to save our gear and were pretty successfull at it minus my brand new rod I just bought that morning. Thankfully two lovely people were near by in a small fishing boat and (jetted) over to help pull us, the canoe and all our gear to shore. This was no quick process due to their small electric motor, it gave us good laughs and gave them good photos so if your out there and can post these photos I'd love to show the wife. Thank you to the man with the little Johnson that came to tug us along to speed up the process. If anyone catches a pike with a rod in its mouth or finds a rod in the small part of the lake let me know!!!! For now I'll just use the old one again:( Thanks guys!

jacobmu
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Glad you are able to laugh about it!

YeeHaw
07-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Glad your ok, and things did not turn out like they could have.

THERICARDO
07-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Very glad you guys are ok! Lukcy to have only lost a fishing rod

Og Dumi
07-20-2014, 01:14 PM
God bless PFD

Steven Noel
07-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Stay safe out there. Glad you're here to laugh it off.

drhu22
07-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Re: Thank you to the man with the little Johnson

Excuse me I thought this was a family forum.
Ya I know... bad joke.

slivers86
07-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Lots of guys on the forum who dive - if the rods a pricey one, most guys will drop down and get it for a bottle of rum :)

spinN'flyfish
07-20-2014, 07:10 PM
God bless PFD

That's why its important to wear these, glad you're okay and had a good laugh

Og Dumi
07-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Lots of guys on the forum who dive - if the rods a pricey one, most guys will drop down and get it for a bottle of rum :)

Ya a friend of mine dives we are going to see if we can find it next weekend