PDA

View Full Version : Under water Camera

Typical
11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys , I am in the market to purchase an underwater camera for fishing.
Which brand should I be looking at ? I would like to pay around 300.00 or so

Thanks

jesse34567
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
i would get a aqua view heard many good things about it...

gramps73
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The MarCum make very nice equipment. Bought on last season and love it, can't wait for the ice to come.
Gramps

A.H.
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I have an Aquaview Scout XL. It has worked flawlessly for the last two seasons. Battery life is about 6 hours of use. It is the only way to catch perch in my opinion.

Wolverine Boy
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I've had an Aqua-Vu for two years now, no complainants. I swear that watching them is more fun than catching them! Do yourself a favour though and get one with a bigger monitor, I think mine is 7" and it's a nice size. most of the monitors are 5" I believe.

Mudslide
11-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I grabbed a Marcum 380 last year in the States for $219 but I see them now for $419 on the same site, double what I paid.
Very happy with it so far and I agree that the larger screen is a better investment. The 350's with the 7in screen are $197. The camera is different with a different light placement that is reported to give more snowstorm effect than the new and improved 380. I don't know why the massive price increase but I'm glad I got it at the end of last season.

http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=133&rn=1663&action=show_detail

Versatile
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I have an aqua-vu and love it. Have used it right down to 50 feet with no problems seeing stuff. The only thing I dont like about it is the Gay little fish camera but hey cant complain for only 40 bucks.

If I were to buy one again I would buy the Aqua-Vu Quad. This way you can see what coming at you from 4 angles. Plus I found turning the fish camera can spook the real fish so it helps here as well. I also found my friends and I were always fighting to see who's hook got to be on screen. If I had a the 4 camera model I could have up to 4 people able to see thier hook.

Mine is a Scout II BTW.

Marlin07
11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't want to try to change your mind on what to get but ever since I bought a flasher the camera stays at home, if your going to fish in depths over 10' it's the only way to fly. Check out "ice shanty" on the web there is a pile of good info on there. good reading if your in the market. You will be happy no matter what you choose...

Versatile
11-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't want to try to change your mind on what to get but ever since I bought a flasher the camera stays at home, if your going to fish in depths over 10' it's the only way to fly. Check out "ice shanty" on the web there is a pile of good info on there. good reading if your in the market. You will be happy no matter what you choose...

Aqua-vu just put out some gismo lastyear which isnt a flasher but not really a fish finder. Has an lcd screen and uses bar to show your hook. You can increase the magnification to see individual minnow or zoom out just to see a black blob for minnow schools. I am not a flasher fan but man that thing was cool and am I waiting till I can find one at a good price.

Here it is here. (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat601356&id=0051074019441a&navCount=1&podId=0051074&parentId=cat601356&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true)

BorntoFish
12-01-2008, 05:05 PM
A buddy of mine has an Aqua View and I have a Fish TV. Mine is about half the price of the Aqua View and I have found the picture to be as good if not better. If you plan to use it out on the ice (as opposed to inside a tent or shack) the Fish TV is way easier to see out in the sunshine. Good luck with whatever you choose and have a great season.

Versatile
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
How is it in the deeper darker water? I have heard mixed reports of the Fish-TV pictre being alot darker and harder to see at deeper depths than the Aqua-Vu.

BorntoFish
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
The deepest I fished is about 25 ft. and the water was very clear. It does have built in lights for the darker water.

burbotman14
12-01-2008, 07:11 PM
We have had an aqua vu for about 4 years now and the only problem was we had to replace the fuse. We also got the aqua view quad underwater camera, which we are going to test this winter. If i were you i would get an aqua vu.