PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy white shoepeg corn?

iceracer
07-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I live in Calgary and have been looking for White Shoepeg corn. I'm planning to fish for Kokanee in August. Can anyone tell me where I might find some?

fish gunner
07-21-2014, 09:36 PM
I live in Calgary and have been looking for White Shoepeg corn. I'm planning to fish for Kokanee in August. Can anyone tell me where I might find some?

Not recomended for bait and if you look in Bc regs you will find its banned. Maggots work great . Sorry cant help .

elkmakemecrazy
07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Not recomended for bait and if you look in Bc regs you will find its banned. Maggots work great . Sorry cant help .

Sorry can't help with the corn either.

Fish Gunner can you please post a link to the portion of the BC regs that bans corn?

Also why is corn not recommended for bait? There is a lot of misinformation about using corn for bait. It is fine to use corn as bait. No harm will come to the fish unless corn is there primary source of nutrition.

Here is one study http://fishandboat.com/images/pages/qa/fish_regs/corn_chum.htm

falroy
07-21-2014, 10:05 PM
the only place i have ever found it was the walmart in Kallispell MT I bought three cans of it, that have lasted the last three years. sorry probably not much help