PDA

View Full Version : Launching an 18' boat in Jasper

kcward
07-23-2014, 11:40 PM
We are heading to Jasper the 6th of August for camping at Wabasso. I will have my boat with me, but I'm not sure which lakes have boat launch for an 18' Lund impact with 115hp. I also have the ipilot on the front. We are coming from Grande Prairie and staying at William Switzer Greg lake for a few days prior and can't take the boat back home so hoping to be able to use it along the way.
Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

mikebossy
07-24-2014, 08:14 AM
only possibility is Pyramid Lake, though that opening for motorized boats may have closed, haven't been in 10 years and 10 years ago only one for motorized boats in Jasper

cube
07-24-2014, 08:25 AM
We are heading to Jasper the 6th of August for camping at Wabasso. I will have my boat with me, but I'm not sure which lakes have boat launch for an 18' Lund impact with 115hp. I also have the ipilot on the front. We are coming from Grande Prairie and staying at William Switzer Greg lake for a few days prior and can't take the boat back home so hoping to be able to use it along the way.
Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Can't use it in Jasper unless you can remove your gas motors and gas tank. Though I think you can use your boat in Mt Robson Prov Park (moose lake and Yellowhead Lake).

Have a Great Trip.

kcward
07-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys!

Penner
07-24-2014, 12:34 PM
only possibility is Pyramid Lake, though that opening for motorized boats may have closed, haven't been in 10 years and 10 years ago only one for motorized boats in Jasper

No gas motors period. Even on Pyramid.

Mountain Guy
07-24-2014, 12:50 PM
years ago I used my lund pro-v on Pyramid and only ran the electric. Never had an issue, but didn't see any wardens that day. Got some really funny looks tho!
I think, but not sure but they may have an issue with the gas tank on board. Yours is probably built in and has fuel.
If you can plan for your boat tank to be empty, I don't think they can do anything about it. You should be ok....but will get funny looks :)