PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Jasper

pikekid
07-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Im heading to Jasper for a day trip and was looking for a lake that is easy to fish from shore. Any good lakes or info?

Mountain Guy
07-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Im heading to Jasper for a day trip and was looking for a lake that is easy to fish from shore. Any good lakes or info?

There pretty much all easy fishing from shore...now the catching part, that's a different story.

spinN'flyfish
07-24-2014, 06:21 PM
I've been to Maligne Lake and I saw some rainbows swimming near the shoreline, if that helps

smitty9
07-24-2014, 07:01 PM

Well, shore fishing is a bit of a tough go in Jasper. I suggest, if you have the time and money, to look at renting a boat. You could rent one for Moab, or Maligne, Beaver, Talbot, and a few others.

Perhaps your best bet for information on shore fishing is to phone Online Sport and Tackle; http://www.fishonlinejasper.com/ 1-888-652-3630

They can give you up to date info on conditions, which lakes they rent boats on, and, if you're not going to go that route, and really are going to fish from shore, they'll give you helpful advice on that front too.

Source for Sports, http://jaspersports.com/ , 780-852-3654 also does boat rentals, but not all their staff is up to speed knowledgeable on fishing, cause they are a general sporting goods store. Make you sure you ask for someone who knows about fishing.

I've fished Jasper since I was a kid and honestly, I can't say off the top of my head any lakes I'd want to fish from shore. Maybe Talbot. If you were going in August, I could also say Medicine Lake / Maligne river, depending on the water levels.

Course, I don't fish all those bench lakes close to town; so I can't comment. I have really only fished Moab and Maligne, and I would want a boat.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help; but usually if I am shore fishing, it's because I am walking a river or creek in Jasper.

Speckle55 (David) should chime in here. He's pretty knowledgeable.

Smitty

Speckle55
07-24-2014, 07:31 PM
I agree with smitty9's report

go too the river where cleaner rivers run in

David:)

ctown
08-02-2014, 07:32 AM
if you're going for big fish a boat is the way to go but as for just fishing from shore there are lots of places(might have to hike but it's Jasper so whatever). I lived there for 10 years and never owned a boat. Pyramid, patricia, cabin, horseshoe, valley of the five, beaver, medicine, annette, talbot, and lac beauvair(spelt wrong) all have decent spots to fish from shore the ones in bold are the better places catch wise. its not so much where, its what you decide to use that gets tricky from shore a lot of time went into that. good luck.