PDA

View Full Version : South Buck for this weekend

The cooter
07-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Headed to south buck for the first time in 20 years. Any reports or hots spots on the lake to help a fellow angler out would be much appricated! thanks in advance. Let the good times roll 6am tomorrow.

Lefty-Canuck
07-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Troll in 12 feet of water from the hotel to the town park boat launch .....back and forth.

LC

The cooter
07-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Troll in 12 feet of water from the hotel to the town park boat launch .....back and forth.

LC

Cheers!

Red Bullets
07-25-2014, 11:09 PM
About 1 1/2 to 2 miles north of town on the west side of the lake is a nice drop off that runs perpendicular to the shore line. It is a very distinct drop off. I think you will see boats in the area.

The cooter
07-25-2014, 11:53 PM
About 1 1/2 to 2 miles north of town on the west side of the lake is a nice drop off that runs perpendicular to the shore line. It is a very distinct drop off. I think you will see boats in the area.

I noticed that on the hydro maps. I have it marked out as a place to try. thanks for the tip will report back.

Lefty-Canuck
07-26-2014, 08:21 AM
I noticed that on the hydro maps. I have it marked out as a place to try. thanks for the tip will report back.

That drop off is decent but very sudden...5-27 feet in less than 20-30m.....you can anchor and slip bobber there or flip a jig out and do a slow retrieve up the bank of the drop off.

LC

EZM
07-26-2014, 04:14 PM
This time of year the water begins to stink awfully on that lake .... hopefully this year its not as bad.

SleepyBuffalo
07-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Anybody aware how bad the bloom is yet? I've noticed the warning up for a few weeks or so now...

The cooter
07-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Gents, here is the report from saturday. Great lake real nice thanks to the AO members that suggested it. Cheers

Got a bit of a late start, got on the water buy about 1030am. Headed out picked the first spot and the first 4 jig drops we had fish on!! By about the 15 this drop we had a 50cm+. Wally were in abundace and the bite was on. Got off the water by midnight just after.

Only fished 3 locations boated 40 + probably missed at least that again on missed sets. The Walleye are extremly healthy with great brassy color.

Water was pretty clear on the NW site of the lake, the SW was very cloudy.

TWT was about 64-66f.

THanks to Dogfish for coming down for a long over due meeting of the minds on water!!

I will say that Buck isnt calling calibur for numbers and size, but it is a close second and I will be back very soon. thanks again for the suggestion.

binnzer32
07-28-2014, 08:44 AM
How many would have been legal size? ?

Gents, here is the report from saturday. Great lake real nice thanks to the AO members that suggested it. Cheers

Got a bit of a late start, got on the water buy about 1030am. Headed out picked the first spot and the first 4 jig drops we had fish on!! By about the 15 this drop we had a 50cm+. Wally were in abundace and the bite was on. Got off the water by midnight just after.

Only fished 3 locations boated 40 + probably missed at least that again on missed sets. The Walleye are extremly healthy with great brassy color.

Water was pretty clear on the NW site of the lake, the SW was very cloudy.

TWT was about 64-66f.

THanks to Dogfish for coming down for a long over due meeting of the minds on water!!

I will say that Buck isnt calling calibur for numbers and size, but it is a close second and I will be back very soon. thanks again for the suggestion.

The cooter
07-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Measured 2 and they were forsure. Didnt measure every fish but but i'd safely say that out of 40. 4-6 fish would have made the cut of 50+. Its slow for 50 plus but they are there.

binnzer32
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Right on man. I have only fished it once but we caught 60 in a few hours. . None were legal though. Maybe I shall try again. What launch did you use and how was it??

Measured 2 and they were forsure. Didnt measure every fish but but i'd safely say that out of 40. 4-6 fish would have made the cut of 50+. Its slow for 50 plus but they are there.

The cooter
07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Right on man. I have only fished it once but we caught 60 in a few hours. . None were legal though. Maybe I shall try again. What launch did you use and how was it??

We used the provincal park lauch at the day use area. It is not very wide and is fairly shallow at 3 ft deep or so. in the bay it can get pretty congested if there were a lsot of boats park on shore. I didnt expceriance that just an observation of the area.