PDA

View Full Version : Lake whitefish

opto55
07-27-2014, 08:54 PM
How do I go about fishing for lake whitefish specifically Gregg lake north of Hinton. Any ideas on rigging and techniques are welcomed.
Thank guys.

Lornce
07-28-2014, 06:43 AM
How do I go about fishing for lake whitefish specifically Gregg lake north of Hinton. Any ideas on rigging and techniques are welcomed.
Thank guys.

Do a search on past posts, its all there

Speckle55
07-28-2014, 12:01 PM
yes the search will tell you as Lornce has posted

the way I do it is in there too and if you miss any ..go to my Name if you hit it then go to show all stats it will bring up where you can look at all my threads I started and if you go back on that to Summer 2013 so 7/06/2013 and go forward from there as I posts a few times;;; .. if you did this with a spin cast and a bobber it will work just have to be the 3 p's patience/persistence/perseverance

as always this is

Food for Thought

David:)

opto55
07-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank you Speckle 55. I will give it a try this weekend.

ADH
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
yes the search will tell you as Lornce has posted

the way I do it is in there too and if you miss any ..go to my Name if you hit it then go to show all stats it will bring up where you can look at all my threads I started and if you go back on that to Summer 2013 so 7/06/2013 and go forward from there as I posts a few times;;; .. if you did this with a spin cast and a bobber it will work just have to be the 3 p's patience/persistence/perseverance

as always this is

Food for Thought

I read that post you made about catching them on a spin cast set up... Is that wireworm under a bobber technique feasible when theyre feeding on the surface in the summer? Do you have any experience with surface lures on a spinning rig? Maybe I misunderstood the post but I would love to be able to find them in the summer...

Bjay
08-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Hi
If you run over them with the sonar they should show up, all kinds of blips all of a sudden. Have your sonar set on the widest scan you can.
BJ

Speckle55
08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
remember they are follow the hatch up or feeding up top but will drop back down 25 feet or more .. here is a video of catching them on mepp's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78rRB1cK3U

where I am fish I can see them but I catch trout in 20 fow and have my fly down 17 ft under indicator.. I have caught Lake Whites this spring in 12 fow and had my indicator set at 10ft at Switzer Park

I use the rising of the lake Whitefish to tell me where they are

just shorten your line amount under the bobber and put the wire worm there 2 ft down

Food for Thought

I read that post you made about catching them on a spin cast set up... Is that wireworm under a bobber technique feasible when theyre feeding on the surface in the summer? Do you have any experience with surface lures on a spinning rig? Maybe I misunderstood the post but I would love to be able to find them in the summer...