PDA

View Full Version : Intex mariner vs Cheyenne III

sherpa
07-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi, I have been looking for an affordable inflatable boat for fishing and cruising around the lake. I have come across the Intex which seems very nice for $330, but have found the Cheyenne III used but brand new for $225. I cannot find much information on it compared to the intex, but wondering if for the price if it is a decent boat? Any info would be much appreciated.

http://www.amazon.ca/Jilong-Inflatable-Cheyenne-III-400/dp/B00CUIB3II/ref=pd_rhf_schuc_p_img_2

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001CRBNEC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

dopemop
07-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Get the Seyvlor Fish Hunter. It has rod holders and no problems in three years of use. I have also modified mine with a wood floor.

shredzoo7
07-28-2014, 04:27 PM
I have a Mariner 4. Overall construction is far superior to my intex Seahawk. For the price it's pretty good. I've even used it on big lake with lots of wind no problem.

I also have custom carpeted hardwood flooring with box benches and carry 2 batteries (27 and 24 group) and usually have only 2 people on it. I'd say total weight is around 650lbs when in the water with all gear. I can sit on the edges no problem and it doesn't effect the stability on the boat. There's usually 2 people standing and fly fishing and you don't really notice the boat moving unless the other person is jumping or dancing or something.

Overall i'm happy and probably won't need to upgrade. Good luck with the search!

sherpa
07-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info! It seems as though the Seyvlor Fish Hunter has a bit more of a dingy type of look. As I will mostly be fly fishing are you able to stand in the boat at all? Is is 3 layer construction? Or just the one 30 guage pvc layer?

Thanks for the info on the intex, I am leaning towards this in the 4 person, as it is pretty much the same price as the 3 person and has the slated flooring.

Anybody have any experience with the cheyenne? It doesn't look as nice as the Intex, but for $225 all in locally it could be a good option.

slamilton
07-29-2014, 07:42 AM
My Dad and I both have the Intex 4 and are very happy with it-durable, sturdy. You can definitely stand up and fly fish in it. I go out with my wife and dog (mid size LabX) and still have left over room. I have a 34lb thrust Minn Kota that trolls and powers it nicely. Recommend for sure.

shredzoo7
07-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey Sherpa, i'm not sure about the layers of PVC. I definitely wouldn't drag it on the ground though. If you need to load it by yourself use a thick drop sheet and drag it into the water or make a PVC dolly like I did.

I've had one puncture that I had to patch but that was due to over-inflating it and one of the cemented eyes completely popping off. Just threw some cement down and patched it no prob. Like the previous poster said, very sturdy and if you have flooring in it (I used 1/2 plywood) you can fly fish no problem. I usually extend my 55lbs quite high and stand up while I move the boat around so I can see further ahead. I've had no balance issues standing even in 1 foot waves from wind.