PDA

View Full Version : Current or Bites

spinN'flyfish
08-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I dropped by the SE so I went to try my luck at the Bow recently at the 3rd Carburn ''Pond''. The current was relatively quick. I took a 1/4 chartruese jighead with a green twistertail (for fun, didn't expect any fish), I fan cast it upstream and started jigging and retrieving it. At about 70 degrees downstream of me(it drifted) I felt my thump and resistances (like a bite) and I ''set the hook'' but then I ''lost'' it then I reeled the lure in. The second cast I got the feeling again close to same spot. I realized it probably was just the current. But I also thought it was a big and smart trout because a buddy said he caught a nice rainbow at the 3rd Pond with a red and white crankbait. I was getting confused. So that's why I brought this question up. It's still a mystery for me, and I'm tempted to try again if there are some monsters to be caught there.

Xiaro
08-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Usually in my experience this comes from snagging a long reed or weed and on the hook set the hook slides up the reed and then pops off making it feel very much like a bite or strike and release. Usually ill just throw to that spot a few more times and youll snag it each time.