PDA

View Full Version : south buck report

waterninja
08-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Left edm. very early in the morning and were one of the first to launch boat at prov. park launch. Spent first couple of hours at different spots with no luck. Was very surprised at how cloudy/dirty water was with algae. Couldn't see more than 10" into the water and didn't know if any fish were at least following a hook. Finnally found a spot that started producing and landed a good # of pike and walleye and was lucky enough to catch some legal walleye and pike for a fish fry. Back at the launch a very nice young lady from ESRD was taking a survey on how many fish we caught, the size of fish caught, the area where fish were caught and what they were caught with. First for me.

Warning.....we were there early and after launching I pulled truck and trailer well out of way of launch straight ahead. When we returned the entire parking lot was filled with trucks and trailers parked IN FRONT of our truck/trailer. Luckily we manged to finnally maneuver our way to launch without having to unhitch trailers that were blocking us in and pushing them into the bush (which i would have done). hate to see that place a couple hours after we left. Will know better next time.
Thanks to some of you guys for some tips on where to launch and some spots to try.

Blasterfan
08-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Was there Sunday at around noon, could not believe how busy it was. I've fished buck for a couple years now and by far the most people I've ever seen there. Did not even unload the boat, turned around and went to a stock pond with the kids

-JR-
08-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Wow Ernest ,you realy hit a good topic almost 20,000 hits !
Thought I would add on to this great topic so you will get more hits.

For those wanting to camp at buck lake.
The camp grounds on the north end of the lake was 1/2 shut down because they planted grass on the point around the boat launch . Hopfully next year it will be open.

Every time I go to this lake the campground is always full,maybe they should expand the camp grounds..

I still see Alder Flats has a group area.
Anyone know what they charge for it and a contact number.