PDA

View Full Version : SW of Edmonton

Rascal4now
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Is there a clean lake SW of Edmonton. Would like to take my boat out today. Has anyone been to Battle Lake lately? Need to allow motors. (test run)

binnzer32
08-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Is there a clean lake SW of Edmonton. Would like to take my boat out today. Has anyone been to Battle Lake lately? Need to allow motothe jackrs. (test run)

I have. .. the launch is terrible but its a slab.
Water is very murky with yellow algae... probably better than most though. The speed limit is 12km per hour though to protect loon habitat... although 95% of citiots that fish there don't respect that. ..

Rascal4now
08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update. I go to that lake a lot and you are right; the boat launch is terrible. However, normally, I love the lake (not the camp ground so much) I know they get a little algae every year but usually not as bad as Buck or Pigeon. Haven't been in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll rule Battle out too.
PS-like your term "citiots". Sooooo true. Don't get many on that lake but the odd one that think laws don't apply.

binnzer32
08-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the update. I go to that lake a lot and you are right; the boat launch is terrible. However, normally, I love the lake (not the camp ground so much) I know they get a little algae every year but usually not as bad as Buck or Pigeon. Haven't been in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll rule Battle out too.
PS-like your term "citiots". Sooooo true. Don't get many on that lake but the odd one that think laws don't apply.

Haaa yea.. I haven't been in 2 weeks either but with the heat it worsens...