PDA

View Full Version : yukon drop breach muzzle loader

ARCTIC CAT
11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey guys think of getting a blackpowder gun what are your takes on the traditions yukon drop breach.This will be my 1st blackpowder gun.

Big Red 250
11-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I've got one, nice to have the 209 ignition, had to remove the back sight to install a scope. Front sight is crappy as the plastic rib tends to slide off, but if installing a scope, then it doesn't much matter. very accurate out to 100-125 yds. Has a shorter barrel than most others. Fast and easy to clean with the drop breech. once you mount a scope you cannot remove the drop breech. I think Ipaid $159.00, so you kinda get what you pay for. Once you buy the rifle (any muzzleloader) you pay around $100.00 for accessories such as powder, bullets/sabots, cleaning supplies before you even get to use it. There are alot of better MZ's out there but if you just want to buy a cheap one to see if you are going to like blackpowder shooting, then it's a good way to go.

ARCTIC CAT
11-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the info Big red. I just want to give it a try. I think it will be a blast to shoot. I think i'm going to do it. Thanks again.:wave: