PDA

View Full Version : sibbald lake

wmw9
08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm headed out to Sibbald this weekend, I've never been there and it's close to home. I'm told that they have a stocked trout pond there, I'm planning on taking the 5 year old to do a bit of fishing. I know that it's a stocked pond, I just thought that I see if the fishing is any good. I can imagine that we're bound to catch small rainbow trout which is just fine for my daughter.

Any information on the lake is appreciated. I'm not looking for spots...ect, more on what to expect when I get there.

Thanks!
Mike

Scott N
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
It's your typical put and take fishery, and it tends to get fished out. It's small and sees a lot of traffic, but it's still a good place to take kids. Try small spoons or spinners, Powerbait, or small flies with an adjust-a-buble type float, and you should catch some fish.

wmw9
08-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks Scott! Whenever she is outside trying to fish rather than at home watching tv I'm happy. I'm sure we will land a few. Have a great weekend!

Battery
08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks Scott! Whenever she is outside trying to fish rather than at home watching tv I'm happy. I'm sure we will land a few. Have a great weekend!

Dont go right where everyone is when you pull into the parking lot. Follow the tree line to the back end of the lake (theres a path) where the stream runs in..great fishing in and around the weeds!