PDA

View Full Version : Too hot to feed?

DukesArcher
08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Went to a man add lake today for a spot of trout fishing. I took both fly and spin rod, as well as a few pickerel rigs. I noticed lots of fish just hanging around the edge of the lake and not doing much.

If you dropped a worm right in front of them they wouldn't take. I literally tried every method in the book and still got no bites. They just weren't havin it.

Maybe it's just too hot to feed. I know trout are very sensitive to the weather, but there were a few ore species just all shoaled up dormant.

pikergolf
08-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Try at night, August night fishing for trout can be magic.

DukesArcher
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Try at night, August night fishing for trout can be magic.

With fly or spinner?

pikergolf
08-05-2014, 07:55 PM
A wooly bugger or leech near the surface in shallow water after dark has been productive for me. Weed beds are the key, trout feed near or in weeds, and a big silhouetted fly near the surface works well.

EZM
08-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Day time trout fishing is very tough compared to daybreak and sunset which seem to be fantastic. Trout are just those creatures .......

trigger7mm
08-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I have had the same problem. A stocked pond that I regularly fish, and catch many trout each time, has shut down almost completely. I'm thinking the heat has to do with at least part of what is going on.

DukesArcher
08-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Still nice to see the fish so clearly though!