PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake Blue green algae?

jwloco
08-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I see that they issued the advisory on Aug 6, any one been out since then? how was it? Will be heading out in the AM to see for myself, just thought I would ask for an update. I hear its raining pretty good there today and that usually gets a lot to flow out the river with the extra water. Either way I will be fishing Calling tomorrow.

EZM
08-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Was there two weekends ago - water was like pea soup green with near zero visibility.

Fishing was pretty good.

Kurt505
08-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Was there on Tuesday, yup there is blue green algae there, more so on the north side by the river, but saw quite a bit by Volkswagen too.

Mayhem
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Was there two weekends ago - water was like pea soup green with near zero visibility.

Fishing was pretty good.

Was there last Sunday, water was much the same.

Fishin was very good.

Kim473
08-09-2014, 08:19 AM
What lake in AB. dosent have it at this time of year? Other than high mountain lakes where the water is cold. Common this time of year, just reported more these days.

fluxcore
08-09-2014, 11:09 AM
What lake in AB. dosent have it at this time of year? Other than high mountain lakes where the water is cold. Common this time of year, just reported more these days.

Sylvan is good, gull is alright but it's getting a little cloudy, both very warm lakes especially shallow gull