PDA

View Full Version : slave lake?

craig82
08-11-2014, 10:09 PM
So what has happened on slave lake? Is it just the moon or does anybody have a idea what happened to all the walleye and jack?? Last week couldn't keep them off the hook this week couple small walleye and 3 ok jack. Just wondering if anyone has any pointers for tomorrow. Job is over and would love to have one last fun night on the lake.
thanks again!

Drewski Canuck
08-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Same as most lakes, even Calling Lake. Heat is on, fish either go deep and suspend under the schools of tulibee out in the middle, or sit over the breaks in 30 FOW or more.

Bottom bouncers with plugs or spinner rigs.

Some good weed beds will hold weed walleye. Sometimes pretty big too. But for the most part, until the air cools at night, the shallows are empty.

Try a deep diving plug like a Canadian Wiggler in the middle trolled fast and way back. Watch for the bait schools on the top, look for the arches at 20 feet.

OR you could try for whitefish which are still shallow.

Drewski

Safety D
08-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Its dead now compared to 6 weeks ago. Its river time tell freeze up now !!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

liar
08-12-2014, 10:02 PM
just got back from slave got some action around dog island but nothing like three weeks ago . also had kids constantly jumping out of the boat and splashing around which surely didnt help !

jay007
08-18-2014, 10:53 AM
The fishing seems to be great in June and most of July then seems to slow down through August, usually it will speed up again in September.

Shmag
08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
I think they are starting to head west. A good majority of the walleye spawn in the west end. I know its a long time away til spawning, but after the spawn they head east...as mentioned mid june to about the first week or so of august is awesome fishing on the east end, then it seems like the migrations slowly works back to the west end. Devonshire area slows down, and they were still getting good numbers off nine mile area. Then nine mile started to slow and they were getting good numbers at the canyon creek area. There are still areas that will hold some fish a bit longer, but I always found the more west you go week after week this time of year is always better fishing.

I was at canyon this past weekend, it was slower but we still seen decent numbers...and as mentioned they moved pretty deep as well with the heat we have been having. We fished off the main ledge 23-28 ft, but we seen lots of guys getting good numbers that must of been in the 45 to 50 ft of water.