PDA

View Full Version : Rifle scope question

Typical
11-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi guys , I have a 3x9x40 VX-11 Leupold rifle scope, now my question is If I adjust the eye focus once it has sighted in, do I have to sight in my gun again ?

sbtennex
11-16-2008, 01:51 PM
No. I think the focus ring on the rear on most scopes adjusts the clarity, contrast, sharpness - call it whatever - of the reticle, nothing more. An adjustable objective on the other hand changes focus of the image viewed. Neither adjustment should change POI. That's my understanding, anyway.

Selkirk
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM
" . . . If I adjust the eye focus once it has sighted in, do I have to sight in my gun again ?"

My experience with my Leupold scopes is that adjusting the eye-lens focus will not change the POI (Point Of Impact). I believe this will be true of most other scopes as well.

I can even remember a few years back when I was teaching my son how to shoot at the range (C.D.T.S.A.). We used only one rifle (& scope) between us, but our eyes are very different, so we were constantly changing the focus. We did not observe any change in POI.

Hope this helps :)

Typical
11-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Thnaks for the answers, Now I feel better

gitrdun
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree with sbtennex, but having said that, why don't you go an try it on paper. Heck....just another excuse to shoot :)