PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Hunt Aug 22-24

Donny Bear
08-14-2014, 07:26 AM
We have had a Team cancel from our Red Deer SCI Gun Dog and Pointer Party at Wesex Game Birds so we need a replacement team of 3 cost is 750 per Team funds raised go to support the Alberta Youth Phesant Program. Camping is included arrival after 12 on Friday planned shoot is on Saturday with Clay shooting lots of Pheasants and Sunday is a day of fun. We include a great Bar BQ all you can eat on the Saturday Evening Join Cat and I for a weekend of fun with your canine friends and fellow hunters. Be present for our. raffle draw for a 300 RUM long range rifle package and help support the Alberta Youth Phesant Program!

densa44
08-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I wish this forum had a page or section that had a list of all the events the members might be interested in.

That is the weekend that Wild Rose is hosting its NAVHDA trail near Torrington. I am training 2 of the dogs and am volunteering.

Sorry.

Have fun and bring lots of water for those dogs.

joshcat
08-15-2014, 12:42 PM
I will be eager to see how all the dogs do this year. Good luck to those running.

elkhunter1234
08-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Donny.. I would love to be able to make it this year, been along time since we've had a good chat over some bird hunting, plus those BBQ your famous for throwing are to die for. But unfortunately we had a weack go through our kennel last fall and I'm starting all over with young pups this year. They should be good to go for your next years shoot.

Jim any Eric

Donny Bear
08-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Donny.. I would love to be able to make it this year, been along time since we've had a good chat over some bird hunting, plus those BBQ your famous for throwing are to die for. But unfortunately we had a weack go through our kennel last fall and I'm starting all over with young pups this year. They should be good to go for your next years shoot.

Jim any Eric

I would have loved to see you guys sorry about the loss and wishing you all the best!!!

Fry
08-15-2014, 10:49 PM

Jim any Eric

Jim, this is killing me. Wish it wasn't in the middle of my busy season at work, as it would a very convenient excuse to have you come hunt over Rooster. He is primed and ready to go, probably getting sick of searching for sharptails and would welcome some pheasants and blood. Unfortunately I think it would be to tough to make it work...

Donny Bear
08-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Jim, this is killing me. Wish it wasn't in the middle of my busy season at work, as it would a very convenient excuse to have you come hunt over Rooster. He is primed and ready to go, probably getting sick of searching for sharptails and would welcome some pheasants and blood. Unfortunately I think it would be to tough to make it work...

To bad if the forecast holds it should be a great weekend not so hot and lots of birds we will miss you guys

elkhunter1234
08-16-2014, 08:32 AM

That would be a lot of fun Justin.. Would love to see Rooster in action.
Maybe we should see if Donny can save us a spot for next years shot?

Jim..

Jamie
08-16-2014, 09:51 AM
We have had a Team cancel from our Red Deer SCI Gun Dog and Pointer Party at Wesex Game Birds so we need a replacement team of 3 cost is 750 per Team funds raised go to support the Alberta Youth Phesant Program. Camping is included arrival after 12 on Friday planned shoot is on Saturday with Clay shooting lots of Pheasants and Sunday is a day of fun. We include a great Bar BQ all you can eat on the Saturday Evening Join Cat and I for a weekend of fun with your canine friends and fellow hunters. Be present for our. raffle draw for a 300 RUM long range rifle package and help support the Alberta Youth Phesant Program!

Do you really want me to come win that gun?

Seriously, I am thinking of coming
Any room for a single with a dog?

Jamie

Donny Bear
08-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Always room for you Jamie sorry for the date confusion 22-24 at Wessex!

www.scireddeer.com under news letter94617

catnthehat
08-16-2014, 04:30 PM
It 's shaping up to be a. Great time !
Too bad you and On point can 't make it Jim !:(
The Reel Hooker is going to team up With me and Zippo 45/70, it 'a going to be gun - Louie is in top shape once again!
Cat

Donny Bear
08-16-2014, 09:59 PM
It will be fun as the name says Gun Dog and Pointer Party nothing but some guys raising a few bucks to buy Pheasants for kids to hunt and some like minded people given their dogs a pre season work out! With Jamie on board we are looking good to go

reelhooker
08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
I am absolutely looking forward to this. Should be a great time.

catnthehat
08-27-2014, 10:30 AM
It was a grand time, Donny Bear puts on a heckuva shoot and barbeque!
I also "smoked" a few birds with my Grand Dad's 16 gauge under lever and black powder loads!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

reelhooker
08-27-2014, 12:17 PM
I would reiterate Cats thoughts. I very much enjoyed myself and was also using 16 gauge that was my grandfathers.

catnthehat
08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Grand Dad's 16, 68 grains of FFG and 7/8oz of plated 6's stuffed into a brass case.:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/2014%20SCI%20hunt/SCI3_zps90045092.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/catnthehat/media/2014%20SCI%20hunt/SCI3_zps90045092.jpg.html)

nrsmatth
08-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Dissapointed I missed this one!

Donny - I still have your pot and propane burner from the one 3 years ago.