PDA

View Full Version : NSR Waskatenau

bnd112
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone, I am not looking for anyone's honey hole but just some advice as where a decent location to fish around Waskatenau. I am familiar with the area just never have fished the river around there. I have heard to cruise the Vic trail and I will find a spot or 2, but I was hoping for a bit better advice then that lol. I could spend most of the night driving instead of fishing!! Thanks everyone.

Brandonkop
08-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Just go south on the 831, park on the north side of the bridge and walk east till you get to the area I marked with a red box. There is a large deep eddie which can hold a lot of fish. I haven't fished there for years so may have changed. There is also a stream that flows in there at certain times of the year as you can see pictured. We've caught goldeye, walleye, pike and my brother hooked what was either a monster pike of a sturgeon there. The fish took off a hundred yard up stream, then a hundred yard downstream... my bro was running out of line or his drag wasn't working so he was running after the fish along the bank, it was so funny. His rod was doubled over.. finally the line snapped. The fish was so big it broke my rod... I was showing my grandma how much my bros rod was bending and snapped my own, haha!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Brandonkop3/NSR.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Brandonkop3/media/NSR.jpg.html)

BlackHeart
08-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Wow.

Fished at the mouth of that creek ( weasel ?? IIRC) many times as a kid. Would ride our pedal bikes 8miles with the rods bungecorded to the handle bars. Would walk along the field and then take the trail down the hill (steep). There was nice sized jacks and the rare walleye but we were a red devil spoon type of fishing back then. Goldeye are also in the area.

LCCFisherman
08-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Never caught a sturgeon there.. ton of rocks

bnd112
08-16-2014, 03:33 PM
thanks everyone!! I am gonna head out this evening and I will let you know how I made out. Thanks again!!