PDA

View Full Version : Torn disk

rottik9
08-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I went to the doctor for my torn disk, he asked how bad is it?...I said, Doc I was asked to go to Heart lake fishing and said NO...He said, "this is very serious"...lol.
I have never been so sore, the only place I get relief is laying down.

Joe.K

pickrel pat
08-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Would it be out of the question to hire a hearse and coffin to take you out to heart lake, pull up to the launch, roll out of your coffin and into a boat and head out? The onlookers would get a kick out of it and you would be a youtube sensation!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_s hakeshout:
Die hard to and after the end!!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakes hout:

Spidey
08-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I went to the doctor for my torn disk, he asked how bad is it?...I said, Doc I was asked to go to Heart lake fishing and said NO...He said, "this is very serious"...lol.
I have never been so sore, the only place I get relief is laying down.

Joe.K

Been there. Only relief I got from my herniated disk was sitting. Standing and laying down were not comfortable. I tried for nearly 2 years with physio, chiro, meds, but in the end I had to go under the knife. Shoot me a PM if you'd like the name of my ortho surgeon. Not the best bedside manner but got the job done. Still feel good and my surgery was back in '92.

Tigger72
08-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Yep Three herniated disk here L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, I fart the wrong way and I end up on the floor starring at the ceiling for 4-5 days... serves me right for thinking I could play competitive football for 18 years!! :sign0161:... at its worst I can't even walk because of the pain... lying flat is always a best option as the herniation is made worse by compressing the spine IE... Standing/ sitting, I find a tens machine helps the muscle spasm and my massage therapist ( find a good one ) mines about 6' tall she has long red hair and fixes me up :sHa_shakeshout:!! The surgeons say its not bad enough yet... I beg to differ! Good luck it really sucks!!

Adwittoutdoors
08-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Well I'm not alone then I guess. How do you guys make a living ? I'm hoping to get back to pipe fitting but doing the conventional way ( last 2 yrs ) has been nothing but hell. I want surgery but I have to convince the disability insurance company that I need it and find a surgeon to do it. Anyone have suggestions and names of doctors please let me know. As for sitting , standing and laying down it depends on the day. I've been going to Phyiso 3-4 hrs a day for 3 months and have only seen slight improvement. To the op try IMS and traction. This is :angry3: Good luck.