PDA

View Full Version : TFH W2W Sale this Wednesday-Friday!

timsesink
08-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Be there, I know I'll be! My wife will not be happy :)

Poppa
08-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Going with a buddy of mine...very excited. Fished my whole life growing up in Manitoba, but since moving to Alberta several years ago, have never been out. The fishing (mostly the bodies of water) is just so much different here than back home. Stoked to finally get some new gear, for the first time in a really long time. The "Ugly Stick vs Expensive Rods" thread was very enlightening! Not sure my budget will allow me to get something "good" but I'm hoping the sales are really good and I can fit it in...

Dak1138
08-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Sale is Wednesday to Saturday.

pinelakeperch
08-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Can someone enlighten me on the extent of this sale? Is it worth checking out or am I looking at 10% off? I'm heading to north-western Ontario to do some walleye and smallie slaying on Saturday:sHa_shakeshout:

RavYak
08-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Can someone enlighten me on the extent of this sale? Is it worth checking out or am I looking at 10% off? I'm heading to north-western Ontario to do some walleye and smallie slaying on Saturday:sHa_shakeshout:

Everything is a minimum 10% off if I remember right. Some things 25% and then the odd items they are trying to get rid of will do 40-50%. Most of the good stuff will only be 10, maybe 25% off.

It will be busy though...

Poppa
08-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Everything is a minimum 10% off if I remember right. Some things 25% and then the odd items they are trying to get rid of will do 40-50%. Most of the good stuff will only be 10, maybe 25% off.

It will be busy though...

20-50% everything in store, according to the ad they posted on FB. Gonna be stellar.

Poppa
08-20-2014, 08:30 AM

Dude, what lakes you hitting? Spent a good portion of my childhood fishing the Kenora/Rushing River area. Dogtooth Lake, High Wind Lake, Teegau, Porcus...you name it, we've pulled smallies, Lakers, Musky and more outta 'em.

Bring some topwater "poppers" with you and fish the structure...an absolute blast seeing the slabs hammer a frog popper from under a fallen tree!!

YeeHaw
08-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Cant wait to get off work and check it out. I think I might have to sacrifice my savings I was hoping to use to pay my photo radar tickets, to buy a new Wab rod or a new sturgeon set up.:sHa_shakeshout:

RavYak
08-20-2014, 09:09 PM
20-50% everything in store, according to the ad they posted on FB. Gonna be stellar.

I was going off memory which was wrong... Minimum 20% off(on things like fish finders, downriggers, kayaks etc), most things 25% off and the odd thing 40-50% off.

pinelakeperch
08-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Dude, what lakes you hitting? Spent a good portion of my childhood fishing the Kenora/Rushing River area. Dogtooth Lake, High Wind Lake, Teegau, Porcus...you name it, we've pulled smallies, Lakers, Musky and more outta 'em.

Bring some topwater "poppers" with you and fish the structure...an absolute blast seeing the slabs hammer a frog popper from under a fallen tree!!

Ah, I envy you! That's my country, that's for sure. We're doing an outpost trip with Halley's Camps, they fly out of Minaki. This will be our 7th or 8th season, I don't recall. 6 or 7 years back I caught a 31.5in and 30in Walleye within 30 min of each other. We haven't looked back:sHa_shakeshout: The bass fishing is excellent, too. Tons from 18-21in.

YeeHaw
08-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Bait 25%, rods & reels 20-25%, sonar 20%, clothing 30-35%, fly tying gear 30-25%, lures 35% off. Well worth checking out. Picked up a new ambassador reel and 9' Fenwick Eagle GT extra heavy rod. Great price.

Poppa
08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Ah, I envy you! That's my country, that's for sure. We're doing an outpost trip with Halley's Camps, they fly out of Minaki. This will be our 7th or 8th season, I don't recall. 6 or 7 years back I caught a 31.5in and 30in Walleye within 30 min of each other. We haven't looked back:sHa_shakeshout: The bass fishing is excellent, too. Tons from 18-21in.Awesome! Our family is really big on the canoe-in trips. Couple of portages and camping literally in the middle of nowhere. Usually extremely remote lakes with next to nobody on 'em while we're there. The paddling and camping are great, but the fishing is the best...have a great trip! :)

Poppa
08-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Bait 25%, rods & reels 20-25%, sonar 20%, clothing 30-35%, fly tying gear 30-25%, lures 35% off. Well worth checking out. Picked up a new ambassador reel and 9' Fenwick Eagle GT extra heavy rod. Great price.Headed in tonight for a new rod and reel and probably load up on some tackle. Really excited for it!

Poppa
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Was hopping in the Calgary location Thursday night, but great service from all the knowledgeable staff. Great deal on a Quantum reel that's regularly 120, down to 60. New rod, reel and plenty of tackle for just under $135...solid night at TFH!!

NEWB
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM

I was fishing the lake of the woods in the Kenora area last week. I raised a nice muskie but she would not bite! I checked out Figure 8 Baits, and we also fished a few different lakes/bays on the North West side of Lake of the woods.

We caught a few Small mouth Bass, a few decent sized pike, many walleye. Largest was 26 inches. I put her back. Lots of good eaters under 18.1 inches. The limit is 4 and you can keep one over 18.1 inches. We tried for lakers. We were able to locate them on the depth finder but did not really have the hardware for it. We were mostly set up for walleyes, muskies and Jacks.

I will check out the fishin hole sale tonight!

Poppa
08-22-2014, 01:37 PM
I was fishing the lake of the woods in the Kenora area last week. I raised a nice muskie but she would not bite! I checked out Figure 8 Baits, and we also fished a few different lakes/bays on the North West side of Lake of the woods.

We caught a few Small mouth Bass, a few decent sized pike, many walleye. Largest was 26 inches. I put her back. Lots of good eaters under 18.1 inches. The limit is 4 and you can keep one over 18.1 inches. We tried for lakers. We were able to locate them on the depth finder but did not really have the hardware for it. We were mostly set up for walleyes, muskies and Jacks.

I will check out the fishin hole sale tonight!Lakers can be tough because they're so deep. We troll Canadian Wigglers or spoons with a Pink Lady on the line to get em really deep...

NEWB
08-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Lakers can be tough because they're so deep. We troll Canadian Wigglers or spoons with a Pink Lady on the line to get em really deep...

We were marking them between humps between 50-100 FOW. It would be tough to troll that deep in the area we were in. We tried jigging a bit but no success. I have heard trolling is good for lakers.

I will need to look up what a pink lady is.

Thank you for the advice. :)

Poppa
08-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey no worries. I dont buy into all the secrecy of this board and hoarding information. A Pink Lady is a plastic device which acts like a huge rapala lip that forces your line to dive way deeper than any normal lure would, when you're targeting fish at huge depths, like the 100 ft FOW Lakers. You can troll at those depths with a Lady on the line and have success. It feels like a a LOT of action on the line but you get used to it... :)

Cheers!