PDA

View Full Version : Bass In Alberta

CanuckAngler11
08-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Hi. I am wondering if there is any bass fishing what so ever in Alberta and if not what is the closest bass lake out of province. Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks.

pickrel pat
08-22-2014, 10:56 PM
B.c

pickrel pat
08-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Island lake north of smoky lake once had bass stocked in it. One member even claimed to have caught one this year with pics... I'll try and find the link.

pickrel pat
08-22-2014, 11:00 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=219389&highlight=Island+lake+bass

Red Bullets
08-23-2014, 10:13 AM
The closest place that has bass would be Invermere Lake by Radium. About 3 hours from Calgary and 5 hours from Edmonton.

slamilton
08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
There is bass around Surveyors Lake, Baynes Lake near Jaffrey in BC. About 3-4hr drive.

spinN'flyfish
08-23-2014, 10:27 AM
The closest place that has bass would be Invermere Lake by Radium. About 3 hours from Calgary and 5 hours from Edmonton.

x2 The bass caught in alberta was pretty cool to know there still in there

Roughneck12
08-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I bass fished in Kansas this summer. It was a hoot. Inspired me to buy a rod and take up fishing. Too bad there wasn't more up here.

Poppa
08-23-2014, 12:32 PM
the smallie fishing in eastern Manitoba/NW Ontario is fabulous. There are few things I've enjoyed more than sitting in a canoe and tossing poppers into some fallen trees and watching the smallies come up and smash 'em. A hoot. At our cabin on Lake Winnipeg, we catch a lot of White (striped) Bass, and Silver Bass (Freshwater Drum) which are great. The Silver's can get MASSIVE...

lotw
08-24-2014, 07:40 AM
NW ontario is starting to be polluted with them. Unfortunately Lac Suel has them now. Many small lakes that never had bass are starting to have bass only. They are at the point where they need to be thinned out in many areas. The larger lakes and ones with commercial fisherman seem to have them under control but otherwise they simply take over. Go there and catch all you can and don't feel bad if you hook a couple in the gills. If you go in the spring and keep them under 12 inches long they taste really good especially in a deep clear lake. The little ones in Kakagi taste like candy all summer but you cant keep them in June. By july in the warmer shallower lakes they taste more like a**.

jacenbeers
08-24-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=219389&highlight=Island+lake+bass

I thought this was closed because it was a troll post?

Mackinaw
08-24-2014, 01:31 PM

There is bass around Surveyors Lake, Baynes Lake near Jaffrey in BC. About 3-4hr drive.

Don't forget tie lake great lake for largemouth.

Mack

fishermansfriend
08-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Duck lake is a decent largemouth lake

jacenbeers
08-24-2014, 03:02 PM

I second Baynes Lake. My friend has a cabin there and a paddle boat. I paddled over to the lily pads by the launch and the bass were everywhere. i didnt have a BC license so I did not try fishing for them but it was pretty awesome to see so many fish. There are lots of turtles there as well.

Mackinaw
08-25-2014, 12:19 AM

The biggest down fall here is no power boats

Duck lake is a decent largemouth lake

And a duck not even electric motors

Mack

fish gunner
08-25-2014, 12:48 AM

Mack

Ahhhh quiet wakeless lakes how can this be a negitive . Up untill recently you had to carry a boat to duck at the main access at sidar. :sHa_shakeshout: for some reason no power boats reduces the level of entitled users.:)

Mackinaw
08-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Ahhhh quiet wakeless lakes how can this be a negitive . Up untill recently you had to carry a boat to duck at the main access at sidar. :sHa_shakeshout: for some reason no power boats reduces the level of entitled users.:)

You still have carry your boat in..just what do you call an entitled user?

Mack

bubba 96
08-25-2014, 07:34 AM

Mack

there are lakes with bass in that area that you can put a boat in the water..

Mackinaw
08-25-2014, 08:37 AM
there are lakes with bass in that area that you can put a boat in the water..

Yes there are I and others have mentioned them,there some great bass lakes in the Kootenay area was there just a month or so ago.

Mack

fish gunner
08-25-2014, 08:40 AM
You still have carry your boat in..just what do you call an entitled user?

Mack

Users with little or no regard for other users , basically the the folks that reduce the enjoyment of others by purposely forcing others to participate in there activity , loud music, intentionally creating wake and such . 300hp bass boat used with no respect is no better than a wake surf boat if used with out care of other users.

Mackinaw
08-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Users with little or no regard for other users , basically the the folks that reduce the enjoyment of others by purposely forcing others to participate in there activity , loud music, intentionally creating wake and such . 300hp bass boat used with no respect is no better than a wake surf boat if used with out care of other users.

So because you want it wakeless and quiet all others must stay away.......Hmmmmmm can we say entitled........:rolleye2:

Mack

fish gunner
08-26-2014, 12:38 AM
So because you want it wakeless and quiet all others must stay away.......Hmmmmmm can we say entitled........:rolleye2:

Mack
No one else need participate in my recreation I simply would like the same in return. Iis that intitled or respectful .

Mackinaw
08-26-2014, 07:32 AM
No one else need participate in my recreation I simply would like the same in return. Iis that intitled or respectful .

There is a difference between them not participating in yours and you not wanting them to participate in their own....But from past posts I'm sure this is something you will not understand so I will end this now and get back to the actual thread..

It is to bad there is not bass available in Alberta but it is not that far to go to BC I try to get there at least once or twice a year. There are some great lakes there for bass some nice quiet paddle only lakes and some you can run a big a boat on you want......Enjoy

Mack

Geezle
08-26-2014, 09:14 AM

So if it's a double standard, does that make it twice as true?