PDA

View Full Version : Little mcleod ???

Dragless
08-25-2014, 09:03 AM
This lake is strange to me, there is a whitefish population in this lake that I assume stays in deepest section of the lake during summer. I only really go fishing here in the spring and summer and I have never seen a trace of them. My friend told me he has seen them "finning" on the surface in the fall while they spawn and they have zero interest in eating. So my question is has any one here caught whitefish from little mcleod if so how did you go about doing so. Also I have heard of giant pike caught out of here too, so wats the biggest you have caught or seen or even heard of caught from little mcleod lake, carson Pegasus provincial park.

simmered
08-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I saw an old couple once at the cleaning station, they had about 4-5 whitefish mid July. He wouldn't say where he caught them or what he was using but they were all nice size. There is good pike fishing in there though, haven't pulled out any monsters but fishing is steady

Dragless
08-25-2014, 04:10 PM
I saw an old couple once at the cleaning station, they had about 4-5 whitefish mid July. He wouldn't say where he caught them or what he was using but they were all nice size. There is good pike fishing in there though, haven't pulled out any monsters but fishing is steady

Oh I know it's so fun to catch all the little pikes from there,

Moo Snukkle
08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Have done ok on whites thru the ice only. 15 lb pike is my best but talked to a local from Whitecourt a couple years ago who had landed a 17 and a 20 that year. Trolled an 8-10 inch Rap resembling a whitefish right down middle of lake. Mine was on a 5 inch jig in the shallows.