PDA

View Full Version : looking to upgrade boat

Fish_Styx
08-26-2014, 12:11 PM
wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what is a good boat for fishing as well as getting the family out tubing etc.
currently I have 2011 Larson 620 Ski/Fish which I find is a little cramped. Really like the Ski/Fish style boat but this being the first boat I've owned, I'm not really up on what is the best manufacturers and what is out there.
any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

saskpikeman
08-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Lund crossover looks like a decent fish and ski. Although optioned right a 1900 lund tyee makes a good dual purpose boat IMO.

BeardedOnion
08-26-2014, 01:56 PM
I own a 2006 Nitro 189 sport (they call it a Z7 sport now) but it is an awesome boat for doing both. I fish off of mine 98% of the time but have pulled my 215lb buddy behind on his wakeboard with ease. we've spent all day on the lake fishing with 5 adults on the thing and never found it too cramped. Good luck finding one used though, took me awhile but finally found one in Sask. It was worth the wait.

The Reel Deal
08-26-2014, 06:03 PM
I have a SmokerCraft Ultima. It comes with a ski bar that a permanently fixed off the transom. I use it all the time, I've mounted my Scotty rod holders on it for downrigging and I also throw my drift sock off it to troll slow. Oh, and it will pull tubes, wakeboards....
Very happy with the boat :)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/thereeldeal1/Mobile%20Uploads/F6F2D675-D081-485C-9BBF-2BB77780FEE0_zpshghry32y.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/thereeldeal1/Mobile%20Uploads/14A4F108-4454-422B-84E0-97977C98ED4E_zpsyzj5q40b.jpg

deschambault
08-26-2014, 06:41 PM
I love my Crestliner sportfish - get a ski tower and it is about the most versatile rig out there.

Lornce
08-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Really love my TRACKER Pro Guide 175. Had it for 2 years now and its been a great boat for both fishing and family. Lots of room, storage, and handles great on local lakes and big water in BC.

lotw
08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Few questions Do you want glass or ALuminum and how much do you want to spend? If you are happy with the quality and ride of the larson maybe look a bigger one. That way you sort of know what you are getting into. They are good boats. The list of quality boats is pretty long. It comes down to personal preference and there will be number of good ideas in this thread. If you are looking for a boat with more room keep in mind where do you want it, in front of the windsheild or behind, large casting or sunbathing deck on the back? If the kids like to ride in the front look at boats that have deeper seating and more usable front space for sitting. If you are always behind the window look at boats that maximize the space behind the window. For me seating in the front is not important, I want space to move around in the back. If i was to look at a new f&s boat I would start with a lund crossover/150 merc and compare from there.

Fish_Styx
08-27-2014, 01:25 PM
thank you so much for the input. Not sure if I want to go aluminum or fiberglass. hmmmmmmm............

EZM
08-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Lund Crossover is a great choice.

Lund Tyee, a few more bucks, but is available in both aluminium and glass versions ... I don't think there is a better boat out there.

My Tyee has the full front cushions for lounging, the ski bar ( both of which are removable) and, of course, lots of features for fishing .... the best of both worlds.

My boat has a 150 Honda and it will catapult a fat guy out of the water like skittle out of a slingshot .... plenty of power to pull the kids around on a tube and keep the wife, dogs and stupid neighbours kids entertained for hours.

http://www.lundboats.ca/boats/fiberglass/208-tyee-gl

Here's the granddaddy of them all ..... check out the photos .... shows it converted both ways ....

verado eyes
08-27-2014, 04:30 PM
http://www.rangerboats.com/models.cfm?gid=35&mid=7248
This boat is a sweet ride and ranger fiberglass has proven it self, Unlike some of our other glass boats up here,