PDA

View Full Version : Winter ice tournaments.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
11-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey folks, my friend bigmur - or rumtan of rumwal adventures is gearing up for there 2009 ice derby. Heres the info.

sledhead
11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
can anyone enter this one

11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
You bet , if you open that attached file Ship Murray a call and if you get in on early tickets theres some awesome prizes not to mention a great foundation.

Safety D
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Can we get more details? Where on the lake? Biggest Pike, White?

11-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Can we get more details? Where on the lake? Biggest Pike, White?

Everything you need to know Is on that little hand out he asked me to post . But yes its longest fish .

The Anvil
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone,

I attended last years event at Wabamun, it was a great time. The food was awesome and the fishing was fun. The largest fish caught was 94cm...a nice big pike! Some good prizes as well.

Here are some pics from last year....

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/Derby%20at%20Wabamun%20Rumwal/39.jpg?t=1227235861http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/Derby%20at%20Wabamun%20Rumwal/11.jpg?t=1227236007
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/Derby%20at%20Wabamun%20Rumwal/38.jpg

Check out this link for additional information...

http://thetacklebox.heavenforum.com/in-the-spotlight-f10/rumwal-adventures-2009-ice-fishing-event-t183.htm

Lethalconnection
11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
that type of tourney is definitely the type we need ALOT more of here in alberta and by that i mean C&R tourneys.

Drano
11-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Hey folks, my friend bigmur - or rumtan of rumwal adventures is gearing up for there 2009 ice derby. Heres the info.
Thanks for the info BBJ. will look into this...

Rumtan
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for posting this event BigBadJohn, Allow me to introduce myself
I am one 1/2 of RUMWAL Adventures and our aim is to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Northern Alberta through fishing and other fun activities. We host an annual ice fishing event at Wabamun on the 15th of Feb. The party starts the night before (Feb 14th) at the Wabamun Hotel were we do a meet & greet. The catagory for prize money is allocated by length only, and depends on how many people attend (last year we gave out $300 !st, $200 2nd, $100 3rd), but the real fun came with other prizes such as a signed/framed hockey sweater of Craig Mactavish worn in the outdoor game. This year we have a home theatre system and a hand held GPS, coffe maker and a toaster oven to name a few. Last year due to the kindness of sponsors we had enough prizes that EVERYONE recieved a prize wether they caught a fish or not. I do not have the charity license number yet but it is forthcoming. Cost to enter is $40 and that includes the on-ice BBQ and coffee. Some of your members here have attended in the past and can confim the good-natured spirit of this event. Please feel free to email me or look at our web site for any further questions www.rumwaladventures.ca
Thanks all who support worth while causes.

Rumtan
11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
The Ice Fishing License # is 92939625 expires march 31 2009. Sorry I didnt have that sooner to give.

The Anvil
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey Rumtan Great to see you on the site.

I was at last years event and I have been looking forwards to this years derby since February. It was a wonderful time. Like I said before the food was great the coffee was warm and the hosts were incredible. Thanks Rumtan for hosting such an amazing time on the Ice. This year is going to be better than last year.

Here is a pic of the Jersey that Rumtan had mentioned as one of the prizes.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/Derby%20at%20Wabamun%20Rumwal/19.jpg

Hey RUMTAN You can count me in for sure!

rustynailz
11-21-2008, 04:49 PM
That jersey would be perfect for wiping pike slime from your hands!

The Anvil
11-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Can we please keep the negative comments off at lest one post???

This post is in regards to a fishing derby that proceeds go to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

Lethalconnection
11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Can we please keep the negative comments off at lest one post???

This post is in regards to a fishing derby that proceeds go to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

You were actually the one that just made it negative, its called joking around playful bantering....SOME people have to learn not to take some stuff so serious.

11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
You were actually the one that just made it negative, its called joking around playful bantering....SOME people have to learn not to take some stuff so serious.

Yeah I guess you got a point , but come man This is sapost to be a positive post , about gaining proceeds for the make a wish foundation . Giving sickly children a special chance to get out and have there dream fafilled. Its a great organization , ive been to other charity events , for the make a wish and they require alot of money for what they do . Any well A fishing derby is an really great idea . And the crew frum Rumwal Adventures a bunch of really upstanding quaility guys . Ive personally meet most if not all of the fella's. So back to the main reason of my post lets stop the whineing and sniveling the he said she said same crap everyday . Lets just end the petty games and act like adults and post on here for the main reason its intended .

bobalong
11-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah I guess you got a point , but come man This is sapost to be a positive post , about gaining proceeds for the make a wish foundation . Giving sickly children a special chance to get out and have there dream fafilled. Its a great organization , ive been to other charity events , for the make a wish and they require alot of money for what they do . Any well A fishing derby is an really great idea . And the crew frum Rumwal Adventures a bunch of really upstanding quaility guys . Ive personally meet most if not all of the fella's. So back to the main reason of my post lets stop the whineing and sniveling the he said she said same crap everyday . Lets just end the petty games and act like adults and post on here for the main reason its intended .

Well said John, anyone organizing an event like this for such a noble cause can not be any thing but positive, my hats off to all involved!!

Lethalconnection
11-21-2008, 09:06 PM

And what does a playful banter have to do anything with the cause? Good on the guys for what they are doing and what its for no doubt but what you are saying is there should b no negative attitude involved with it at all cause its for a good cause and everyone should b positive? So what you are getting at is even out on the ice there should b no JOKING about the size of fish someone caught or negative talk about sports teams etc etc just because its a positive thing that is going on. Give me a break everyone is out to support and have fun and i dont know about u but i have alot more fun when im joking and goofing around with other people.

The Anvil
11-22-2008, 01:41 AM

Honestly, all I was remarking about was that no matter what is posted on this forum, be it someone's first hunt story or a charity fishing derby in support of a great cause. Someone has to always say something. be it a harmless crack at Mac T or not.
I have a great sense of humor and I laughed about that comment I really did.

But what I am getting at is can there be at least just ONE post that doesn't have tweedle dumb and his comment of the day???

Deano
11-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Tweedle dumb makes more posts on here than anybody. Run a history for the last six months. Tweedle dumb has the most posts.

The make a wish foundation is a great charity. I will make a cash donation to them instead of fishing the derby. I would rather spend the day fishing with people I enjoy and support the charity with a cash donation.

Deano

Safety D
11-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Can't wait for the touney. is there accomodations in Wabamun for the Friday night and which part of the lake are they drilling the hole's on? Just some of the info I could not get. Thanks....

The Anvil
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Can't wait for the touney. is there accomodations in Wabamun for the Friday night and which part of the lake are they drilling the hole's on? Just some of the info I could not get. Thanks....

Hey Safety D,

I will check with Rumtan he is the one hosting the event... maybe shoot him a pm as well, but to my knowledge the Rumwal crew is staying at the Wabamun Hotel. Other than the one in Wabamun you next best bet would be Stony plain or Spruce Grove maybe.

Looks like the gang will be setting up the derby area just off from the main boat launch in the town of Wabamun.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=wabamun,+ab&sll=53.561113,-114.473162&sspn=0.011394,0.027294&ie=UTF8&ll=53.557136,-114.470501&spn=0.043133,0.109177&t=h&z=13

I will double check with Murray aka Rumtan and update you all!

redneck posse
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
i'm in just sent rutman a email asking how i can send funds

foxracing_23
11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
oh god...anyone on here remember the hotel last year? what a gong show...i shouldnt write about it on here
Awesome time, Murray if you use this next time you come by tirecraft, or i guess integra tire, come see me for a ticket, or just tell Craig to give you money for me and ill pay him

11-24-2008, 09:36 PM
oh god...anyone on here remember the hotel last year? what a gong show...i shouldnt write about it on here
Awesome time, Murray if you use this next time you come by tirecraft, or i guess integra tire, come see me for a ticket, or just tell Craig to give you money for me and ill pay him

You be careful of Murray and his henchmen lol A bunch of scrapers lol . Even better if youve been on a men's trip .

FisherPotch
11-25-2008, 12:11 AM

Tweedle dumb makes more posts on here than anybody. Run a history for the last six months. Tweedle dumb has the most posts.

Deano

Hillarious!!

Great cause and I've been looking for an excuse to hit wab up this year. I'll see how the date works with my schedual.

Deano
11-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Hillarious!!

Great cause and I've been looking for an excuse to hit wab up this year. I'll see how the date works with my schedual.

Glad somebody caught it ;)

FisherPotch
11-25-2008, 01:25 AM
Glad somebody caught it ;)

I did. Couldn't help but :lol:

Sorry for the hijack jokes, in no way do I mean to disrespect the good cause behind this thread. Just enjoying a good laugh, no harm in that.

Rumtan
11-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Sorry all ive been away for a few days. The location of the derby will be left of the main pier in the town of Wabamun, look for the roped off area. The derby is on sunday the 15th of Feb, NO HOCKEY shirts will be given out at this derby (lol)....dont worry about offending me with any comments, just come out and have fun. The hotel last year was quite the interesting place thanks to Craig and his clan, they might make it again this year (we hope). Ill drop by Craigs on thursday if you want to meet me there its fine by me.

The Anvil
11-25-2008, 08:51 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/Derby%20at%20Wabamun%20Rumwal/rumwal.jpg

Presents
the 7th annual
Make-A-Wish Ice Fishing Event

February 15th 2009
Wabamun lake

This year Wabamun Lake will play host to another RUMWAL Adventure Ice Fishing Event. This will be our 7th annual fund raising event.
We have some great prizes to be awarded again this year, such as a Home Theater System, a GPS hand held unit, this will be the early bird prize, as well as the Cash Prizes!

You are cordially invited to attend and bring along friends and family in support of the Make-A-Wish kids day of fishing.

Entrance fee will be the same as last year, $40 per hole.

There will be a BBQ included in your admission fee, and coffee for some on-ice warmth. No fishing license is required this weekend due to it being the Family Day Weekend.
This is a catch and release event and is governed by all Alberta sport fishing regulations.

All holes will be pre-drilled and you can pick your own hole in the marked off area. Fishing starts at 10am and continues till 3pm.
You are responsible for your own conduct on the ice and waivers MUST be signed.

License event #92939625

Check back regularly as more event info will be posted!

The event will be held just off to the left of the main boat launch/pier in the town of Wabamun.
Exit off hwy 16 at the Wabamun exit, head south on 5oth street to the boat launch.

Click on the google maps link below for directions.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=firefox-a&channel=s&hl=en&q=wabamun&ie=UTF8&ll=53.553694,-114.465115&spn=0.005698,0.021758&t=h&z=16

For more info CONTACT:
Lawrence Gibson 780-464-7423
email lgibby1@shaw.ca

Murray Hanchard 780-464-5399
email rumtan@telusplanet.net

Visit us at www.rumwaladventures.ca (http://www.rumwaladventures.ca)

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/91/19/09/th/rumwal11.jpg

foxracing_23
11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry all ive been away for a few days. The location of the derby will be left of the main pier in the town of Wabamun, look for the roped off area. The derby is on sunday the 15th of Feb, NO HOCKEY shirts will be given out at this derby (lol)....dont worry about offending me with any comments, just come out and have fun. The hotel last year was quite the interesting place thanks to Craig and his clan, they might make it again this year (we hope). Ill drop by Craigs on thursday if you want to meet me there its fine by me.

ya craig is going,same people as last year i believe. work, or his house?

Rumtan
11-26-2008, 07:26 PM
I ll be there about 4pm if that works for you? I had a blast with Craig and his clan....the stories still linger lol.