PDA

View Full Version : Campbell River in B.C.

Stella
11-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I am looking for some info or suggestions for Campbell River area for fishing. My dad & I have been talking the last few years about going out there to fish and now have decided to go this year. I was wondering what month is the best to go out there? Also was wondering if anyone could recommend a fishing charter out there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SkytopBrewster
11-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Silver King Lodge - been there 3 times, very good guides, we always go late September, they will also take you around to Gold River on the west coast if you want to try some Hallibut and can handle the rougher water.

tchow
11-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Oak Bay Marine Group have a couple of Lodges by Campbell River. You can find out info at OBMG.com
Was out there a couple years back with friends but did not stay at Lodge as we had our own accomodations and he had a boat. Great for Salmon fishing.
IMO if you looking for a variety of fish, you gotta head to the other side of the Island. There's a Lodge at Ucluelet called the Canadian Princess. You can choose to go after Salmon, Halibut, or Bottomfish. What I found best was that the prices was very reasonable and cheaper than most the Charter Boats there. Good luck, there's plenty of choices and lots of great Guides.

dss44
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Not to sound like a broken record...but Campbell River is dead. Not much going on there except for pinks. If you wants lots of salmon and bottomfish come up our way to Port Hardy.

Kingfisher
11-21-2008, 12:39 AM
If you want the best in charter opperator in the Campbell River area call Paul From Blue Orca Charters http://www.blueorcacharters.com/

His contact information is
Phone: (250) 898-4494
E-Mail: Paul@BlueOrcaCharters.com

Paul is a great guy and a fantastic guide. He will tell you when to come and what you'll be targeting. If fishing isn't good around Campbell River then he'll know where to take you.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=Kingfisher;216341]If you want the best in charter opperator in the Campbell River area call Paul From Blue Orca Charters http://www.blueorcacharters.com/
[QUOTE]
X 2 DEFENETLY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO . AND LIKE KINGFISHER SAYS HE WILL GET YA ON FISH.

Walleyes
11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Not to sound like a broken record...but Campbell River is dead. Not much going on there except for pinks. If you wants lots of salmon and bottomfish come up our way to Port Hardy.

X 2 on what dss says..

Yes there still are some fish to be had at C.R. but its not a place that you want to spend your dollars at because thats about all thats left of C.R.,,, a place to suck up your money.. I don't meen to sound so negative about the place but in all honesty there area lot better places to fish that are more econemicle than C.R.. They are running on there past reputation in that place and most of the lodges are now running to the outside to get their fish they are not getting them in C.R. Do some research on the net on places like Port Hardy, Port Mcneil, Gold River, Tofino, Bamfeild, Port Renfrew and even Sooke. I do beleive no I know you will be much happier..