PDA

View Full Version : Limit to Perch taken? Asian fisherman.

DukesArcher
09-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Whenever I go fishing I always seem to see Asians fishing with buckets full of Perch. I'm talking like literally 30-40 each. Between them they probably take 200 Perch home each session. Is there a limit to how many Perch you can take? It annoys me as I think taking home that many fish every session is unfair on the environment and other fisherman. I know they are not game fish, but they are a native species so they should be treated with respect.

I'm not joking when I tell you thatI've even seen someone swimming with plastic bag trying to catch stocked trout.

Where I'm from they would be in massive trouble for that, but then again I've never seen a non-white person fishing or hunting until coming here.

Lefty-Canuck
09-05-2014, 08:35 PM
LOL perch are a game fish....How about calling RAP? More effective than posting here....

LC

DukesArcher
09-05-2014, 08:38 PM
LOL perch are a game fish....How about calling RAP? More effective than posting here....

LC

I never knew they were a game fish. Thought it was trout, salmon ect.

pickrel pat
09-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Here we go......sigh

Lefty-Canuck
09-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Yes the elusive Alberta slough salmon....

LC

dryrush
09-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Check your regs in regards to the lake your speaking of. If its not listed there than you refer to the general regulations of alberta

Badflies
09-05-2014, 08:42 PM
A couple things, first if you think someone is poaching, check the regs and call Rap if necessary . It's your responsibility to know these rules on the water you are fishing. By asking you demonstrate you were not aware of the regulations of the waterbody. It sounds like there was some poaching happening but you need to tone down the racist rhetoric and learn the local regulations yourself. I genuinely hope you find the fish out there, this community is a great resource to get started.

dryrush
09-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Reading your past post it seems your in sundance lake in Calgary correct? I so go tell the beach house staff and they should kick them out! But perch are not a stocked fish in this lake so it may be a good thing they are pulling out that many per season.

DukesArcher
09-05-2014, 08:52 PM
A couple things, first if you think someone is poaching, check the regs and call Rap if necessary . It's your responsibility to know these rules on the water you are fishing. By asking you demonstrate you were not aware of the regulations of the waterbody. It sounds like there was some poaching happening but you need to tone down the racist rhetoric and learn the local regulations yourself. I genuinely hope you find the fish out there, this community is a great resource to get started.

Racist rhetoric? Are you joking with me?

pickrel pat
09-05-2014, 08:55 PM
It's better on AOF to describe them as to what color minivan they were driving:sHa_sarcasticlol: lol, srry lefty.

Lefty-Canuck
09-05-2014, 09:00 PM
It's better on AOF to describe them as to what color minivan they were driving:sHa_sarcasticlol: lol, srry lefty.

Lol.....beige Sienna is the getaway car of choice....

LC :)

Deer
09-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Perch are good. No wonder they keep so many

DukesArcher
09-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I didn't mean for the post to sound racist. I understand Canada is a multicultural society.

tight line
09-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Racist rhetoric? Are you joking with me?

No he isn't.. And the fact that you didn't know that Perch were a Game Fish or the limit of Perch for the waterbody you are accusing them of poaching from doesn't help your case..some lakes i have fished have a 15-25 Perch Limit... Just sayin..

DukesArcher
09-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Well I was under the impression the Perch was a coarse fish, not a game fish. To my mind game fish are mainly trout and salmon.

You learn something new everyday.

BeeGuy
09-06-2014, 01:22 AM
This thread is so cute.

Fishhunter
09-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Well I was under the impression the Perch was a coarse fish, not a game fish. To my mind game fish are mainly trout and salmon.

You learn something new everyday.

I was under the impression that it was my responsibility to understand the rules,regulations,catch limits,fish species,on any body of water anywhere in the world. I wouldn't dream of putting a hook in the water without knowing the laws and I suggest you do the same.

Icatchfish
09-06-2014, 05:59 AM
I didn't mean for the post to sound racist. I understand Canada is a multicultural society.

It's okay to be a bit racist. But read the regs before u preach . And next time do something about instead of whining online cause some one caught more fish than u
:sHa_sarcasticlol:

waterninja
09-06-2014, 07:16 AM
My comment......No comment
IBTL

Bobby B.
09-06-2014, 07:55 AM
I was under the impression that it was my responsibility to understand the rules,regulations,catch limits,fish species,on any body of water anywhere in the world. I wouldn't dream of putting a hook in the water without knowing the laws and I suggest you do the same.

Yes, make sure you know everything before asking a question. That way, your question becomes meaningless as we all know that you already know the answer to your own question. If all goes well, no one would ever need ask another question ever again on AO.

Even more importantly, always act as though you know everything and no one else does, only then will you become a welcome member of AO.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Never ever describe anyone by their 'race', unless of course you state they are of the 'human' race.

Bobby B.

Lefty-Canuck
09-06-2014, 08:04 AM
I agree Bobby B....colour is a much better description to use than is race...I prefer to be known as pale face white over olive skinned white :) Because when describing someone it is so politically incorrect to guess where they may be from :) and really someone who is purple is so close to compare someone who is orange it is much better to describe someone by the make of their watch or the laundry detergent they use :)

(Disclaimer: don't take this post seriously)

LC :)

Geezle
09-06-2014, 08:26 AM
I never knew they were a game fish. Thought it was trout, salmon ect.

Might be worth giving the regulations booklet you got with your license a look...there's a section on identifying all the game species in Alberta.

Also worth checking the limit for perch on the body of water you're fishing, as the limits can vary between different bodies of water.

Especially before making accusations.

Sundancefisher
09-06-2014, 08:31 AM
One cannot disparage another or not following the regs when the one casting stones does not even understand the simplest of the regulations.

Just a though archer. Read the regs now from start to finish.

And for the record...you will find perch mentioned.

omega50
09-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Whenever I go fishing I always seem to see Asians fishing with buckets full of Perch. I'm talking like literally 30-40 each. Between them they probably take 200 Perch home each session. Is there a limit to how many Perch you can take? It annoys me as I think taking home that many fish every session is unfair on the environment and other fisherman. I know they are not game fish, but they are a native species so they should be treated with respect.

I'm not joking when I tell you thatI've even seen someone swimming with plastic bag trying to catch stocked trout.

Where I'm from they would be in massive trouble for that, but then again I've never seen a non-white person fishing or hunting until coming here.

That is horrible. Pretty soon we are going to let anyone fish and hunt regardless of the color of their skin.
I deeply apologize on behalf of Canada for offending your delicate sensibilities.:)

jts1
09-06-2014, 08:49 AM
If someone legitimately does not know and posts a question regardless if it seems common knowledge to you or not.. Help them.. Point them in the right direction. This forum is a tool to be used by all anglers be it just starting out or a professional angler. The response more times then not is to criticize and outcast someone as lazy or stupid.

As mentioned above. Yes Perch are a sport fish. You can find all the information you need in the Alberta Regulations. They can be confusing at times for even a seasoned angler. So don't be worried if they are hard to interpret. Here is a link to the regulations

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

There is also Apps for both iPhone and Android that are a big help in the field such as Ifish Alberta. Lastly there are many members of this forum willing to help out. If you ever have any questions no matter how silly they may seem. I am always just a pm away.

When you see something that looks suspicious please be proactive and report them here is a link to that information.

http://www.reportapoacher.com

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Winch101
09-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Just try to imagine these posts when those Prussian Carp get going ....

1/2 ton box full will be the norm . The only purpose perch serve is Walleye

Food and not good food either . Unless 10" plus than " us " food ......

I agree that the term Asian is a little miss leading because that covers

At least 10 countries , I agree be more specific .....about country of origin .

If you believe that race is some indicator of action , that's your perogative .

Not waiting to see how they drive that's just un thorough on your part .

Alberta Bigbore
09-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Best post on the thread. To bad about the derails.

If someone legitimately does not know and posts a question regardless if it seems common knowledge to you or not.. Help them.. Point them in the right direction. This forum is a tool to be used by all anglers be it just starting out or a professional angler. The response more times then not is to criticize and outcast someone as lazy or stupid.

As mentioned above. Yes Perch are a sport fish. You can find all the information you need in the Alberta Regulations. They can be confusing at times for even a seasoned angler. So don't be worried if they are hard to interpret. Here is a link to the regulations

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

There is also Apps for both iPhone and Android that are a big help in the field such as Ifish Alberta. Lastly there are many members of this forum willing to help out. If you ever have any questions no matter how silly they may seem. I am always just a pm away.

When you see something that looks suspicious please be proactive and report them here is a link to that information.

http://www.reportapoacher.com

Good luck and stay safe out there.