PDA

View Full Version : despite the costly snow

Crankbait
09-10-2014, 09:40 PM
is anyone else stoked that the water should be great for fishing from now till hardwater?

I wonder if this will trick big hens and big eyes into an early gorging more consistent with October and November open water fishing. I can't wait till my next days off.

Lund rebel
09-11-2014, 07:21 AM
I have to disagree I have spend about 20 hours out fishing my favourite spots the last 2 days and having a hard time getting anything hope if this weather warms up it might improve but it's been a tough last few days.

HookedOnKokanee
09-11-2014, 10:35 AM
both posts are right ... went to pigeon lake ... 100 fish days turned into one ... we sure get spoiled .... the fish will gorge (my opinion) ... and the weather. moon phases look good for the next week ... wether 100 fish or 1 fish ... I am happy either way!:test:

CanadianBadass
09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Im pretty Stoked, The NSR seems to be on fire lately and really producing, I always say this is the best time of the year for fishing the rivers, and also lakes ...

Im pretty Stoked about the upcoming 2 months !

CanadianBadass
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
both posts are right ... went to pigeon lake ... 100 fish days turned into one ... we sure get spoiled .... the fish will gorge (my opinion) ... and the weather. moon phases look good for the next week ... wether 100 fish or 1 fish ... I am happy either way!:test:

100% Agree !

Lund rebel
09-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Im pretty Stoked, The NSR seems to be on fire lately and really producing, I always say this is the best time of the year for fishing the rivers, and also lakes ...

Im pretty Stoked about the upcoming 2 months !

Sush it took me years to find that goldeye hole, hard to get them over 14 inches regularly

Yeah the goldeye are awsome smoked and we have been slaying them out there.

Team lund yak determined this week it's officially winter killed

RavYak
09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Team lund yak determined this week it's officially winter killed

Poor fish didn't stand a chance, how were they supposed to know we would get winter in September...

Lund rebel
09-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Poor fish didn't stand a chance, how were they supposed to know we would get winter in September...

Was it weather related or did they run with fear when they heard the jon boat bouncing off the bottom on the way in with two established anglers on board :scared0018:

lol.

barbless
09-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Had the week off was suppose to fish for two days and golf for two. Snow put a hamper on both. I'm thinking cause of the low pressure system that hit the fishing slowed and they went into hiding (just like me). Will be going on Sunday to CVR. Will let ya know if it picks up after a couple of days of a high pressure system coming in. Was there last Sat. (nice and sunny and warm) and the 2 of us managed 5 pike and 5 eyes each. I also refuse to shovel snow at this time of year

greylynx
09-11-2014, 06:06 PM
If your still fishing water had any stratification before last week it will not have any now.

Hello Mister Walleye. Oh look at all those hunters on shore.

Deer
09-11-2014, 08:30 PM
In BC in a lot of the trout rivers where I used to fish a lot, as soon as it got cold for a few days the bite turned on. The High reaches of the Fraser near Valemount were always great when the frost started to hit

Kokanee9
09-12-2014, 06:37 AM
If your still fishing water had any stratification before last week it will not have any now.

I'm surprised it took this long for this to be brought up. I don't recall it being pointed out or mentioned before in any other threads.